Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


MIKEY DABODEE last won the day on May 26 2012

MIKEY DABODEE had the most liked content!


579 Excellent

1 Follower

  1. Consider doing fifteen hours work first or less if the employer will let you, this can be classed as permitted work and will not effect your ESA if the work is accepted. http://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Permitted-Work-Rules
  2. Pensions prior to conversion 45465 * Certain pension payments or PPF periodic payments, described at DMG 44716 et seq, do not fall to be deducted from ESA(Cont). In addition any pension payment or PPF periodic payment is disregarded (1) where 1. the claimant was entitled to IB immediately before conversion to ESA and 2. IB was not reduced by a pension or PPF payment (2) because 2.1 the claimant was entitled to DLA care component at the highest rate (3) or 2.2 the claimant qualified for IB under the provisions for those incapacitated in youth because of previous entitlement to SDA (4) or 2.3 the claimant was entitled to IB before 6.4.01 on any day of IfW in a PIW which began before and continues after that date (5). 1 ESA (TP, HB & CTB)(EA)(No 2) Regs, Sch 1, para 11; ESA Regs, reg 75(1)(g); 2 C & B Act s 30DD(1); 3 SS (IB) Regs, reg 26; 4 reg 19; 5 WRP Act 99 (Commencement No 9 and Transitional and Savings Provisions) Order 2000, Art 3 Conts Element but if you are having a top up of ESA IR for eg EDP or SDP then the pension will be deducted off this element but your Conts will not be effected
  3. I will show her this thanks for the reply . I don't think the store took her name and address but the police did for the ticket and she signed nothing at the store , do the police pass her details on to the store then. The police said she didn't have to tell her employer but I think she should take your advice or think about it. She has no money worries and it was a genuine thing but I can see the stores point of view as well
  4. Please can someone offer me some advice for a dear friend. She is beside herself and cant stop crying and I don't know how to advise her. Last week she had a massive panic attack and stepped out side the supermarket with a trolley of shopping about £50s with she is on medication as well. An assistant took her back into the store and called the police, they come and she explained the situation but they wanted her to go to the police station in a few days time but she got upset so he advised her to admit the charge and they gave her the fine. She didn't even have a parking ticket before and has never shoplifted before She has since paid it. Now she is worrying will the police tell her employer, what if anyone seen the incident, will the store notify her employer, will she get any letters or more fines. I wanted her to appeal the ticket but if she went to court it would be in the local papers. She is widowed so on her own. The doctor has given her some Beta Blockers for the panic attacks which have helped. Thanks in advance
  5. I agree, you need first to sort out your HB then read this http://www.rightstobenefits.com/mental-illness/care_needs_dla_and_aa.htm its sets out te discriptors for DLA care if you feel you still meet them, appeal. Your ESA claim may be a long way away yet, you may be one of the last to go across and that may be the beginning of next year. Also if you win your DLA appeal you will get more DLA, and get back your entitlement to SDP and I.S. SDP is payable on ESA too Thanks Nystagmite corrected
  6. I think you would as you would be iro of ESA IB http://www.nhs.uk/Pages/HomePage.aspx but I would phone NHS Direct and check, they will be able to tell you
  7. Its a bit complicated to explain but You are on ESA conts, you have a pension, you can apply for Carers Allowance, if you are caring for over 35, hrs. You should have no problem and awarded entitlement to Carers Allowance. But because you have ESA conts CA will not be allowed to pay you CA, as its an overlapping benefit, in other words you cant have these two at the same time. These two being ESA conts and CA Your Pension by the way does not effect CA. So instead of CA in payment the CA unit will award you Underlying Entitlement to CA U/E. This means that you are a carer for benefit purposes and can now claim the Carers Premium if entitled Back to your ESA conts claim now. After you have claimed CA and been awarded U/E entitlement, then phone ESA and they will award you ESA Income Based this is how the CP is paid, on top of your ESA conts. Your pension will be classed as an income. Also I dont know how you would go on with your Husbands I.B, its classed as household income. But apply and see how you get on, they can only say no But I would advise you to claim the CA, because if your ESA Conts ever get stopped for any reason then CA could be put into payment. and you would have some benefit..... It is a minefield
  8. I agree with Sillygirl check but it depends on what ESA you are on ESA IB or ESA conts. and if ESA conts did you transfer from IB, and if you did, what year you made your claim to IB, transistionally protected but Pension income rules If you receive contribution-based Employment and Support Allowance and have a gross pension income of more than £85 a week, the amount of benefit payable will be reduced by half of the excess. The excess is the difference between £85 and the actual pension income. For example, for a pension income of £100, the excess is £15. The amount of Employment and Support Allowance payable is reduced by half of that, which is £7.50. If you receive income-related Employment and Support Allowance, any pension income you have will be taken into account, regardless of the amount.
  9. no no no you read that wrong :) I meant your HB questions If you are thinking of appealing DLA, you need to do it straight away, and if you need help you will get it here... just either start a new thread, or bung your questions on this one... dont delay in this you have a month.....
  10. Hi A2o, all your Housing Benefit questions answered. Your I.S may have stopped but you of course will get your I.B and DLA. I.S have closed you claim now and sent you the letter. Our I.S screens are linked to HB and do inform them. But I have to say this doenst always happen and I would if I were you contact your LA, Council Monday as suggested and tell them yourself. They will sort it out for you and send you out the forms and if you contact Monday hopefully there will be no break in your entitlement to HB You will transfer to ESA before summer 2014 all will be across by then. ESA will contact you and send you a form an ESA50. Fill this form in as much detail as you can, get supporting evidence. You will either have a medical or put straight onto ESA. But dont worry about that yet DLA you have a month to appeal, Nystagmite is brilliant on DLA if you want some help am sure she will help you I have read fifty percent of people win their appeals... Glad you feeling brighter enjoy your Sunday, Mikey
  11. Thanks for the extra details. You must have had your DLA care reduced to Low Care. The letter they have sent you is a standard award letter, computer generated and hard to understand even by Einstien I am taking it you are a single person over 25 living on your own. you would be entitled to I.S made up of Personal Allowance £71.00 Disability Premium £30.35 total 101.35 payable if you didnt have your IB now I.S is a means tested benefit and you have an Income IB, you say this is £105.05 so you have more coming in to your household then your entitlement to I.S by £3.70, £105.05 - £101.35 = £3.70 so the letter is saying you are not now entitled to I.S as you have excess income in the form of your I.B and the amount you are over is £3.70. why it is put as a minus its confusing but If your IB and IS where combined, paid together then this would be the reason Are you appealing your DLA ???? you may not now have I.S but you may be entitled to claim HB and CTB
  12. I dont honestly know how things will go for you but you have a lawyer on board and am sure they will give you all the support you need
  13. Hello A2o, have read you post and I think I may know what has happened. Ok, there are offices doing reviews for other BDCS, these offices are called BICS. Now I presuming your local office is Plymouth and the BIC who sent you the form Chelmsford. BIC sent you an A2 to review your claim this is commn, they give a month to return the form You sent in the form and they reviewed it and have closed your claim. You mention your DLA has gone down, is this middle rate care or higher removed and down to low rate care..... Are you in receipt of Incapacity Benefit? I am thinking you are, DLA has gone down you are now not entitled to Severe Disability Premium of Enhanced Disablilty premium. And your IB nils your claim... Hence the letter sent out closing the claim states, excess Income So some quick questions if this theory is wrong What DLA are you on now?? Rate of IB?? and has your capital gone up? we can get to the bottom of this
  14. maybe someone just ran through your claim and issued a notification and award letter..
  15. Its a cross over, stop worrying if possible they will quickly sort this out for you. maybe a quick call Monday and see if they have had your letter, will do no harm
  • Create New...