Jump to content

Maximus

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    26
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Maximus

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi Wendy Thanks for getting back to me. So have you accepted their weak offer and have agreed to get it paid to you, but are filing an N1 for the difference? If so, could I be cheeky and ask if you could copy the letter so I can, ahem, borrow from it?! Cheers Max
  2. Hi I have sent LBAs to Natwest regarding 2 credit card I had in the last 2 years totalling £400 in charges & 8% interest. They have wrote back on both offering a total of £115 on the two. The difference between the claim and the £12 charges OFT recommended a while back. Given the test case for bank charges and that some courts are staying some cases, any advice if I should proceed [my local court is London Central county court] or just accept this offer?!? Really unsure on this. Anyone else been in this position since the bank charges test case or courts staying cases?
  3. Hi I sent off an LBA to Natwest Credit Card services in Southend reclaiming £109 of charges and £42.87 of interest. Total £151.87. Today I received a redirected letter [they'd sent their response to the house I lived at 18 months ago! Despite me putting my present address on the LBA] making an offer of £27.56 to be be paid directly into my account if I accept. They claim this offer is based on the difference between the old charges and the present £12 charges + interest. Obviously I am not going to accept this ... but wondered what the best bet is for proceeding? Has
  4. Hi Pward I can't advise properly (maybe request views from one of the mods) but it would seem reasonable to me for you to pursue the remainder of the money. Perhaps, call or e-mail your contact at Lloyds tmorrow morning saying that you have noted the partial refund to your account and anticipate the remainder (including 8% interest) to be paid into your account by Monday or you proceed to court - play hardball! That's just my opinion of course and I think you should seek more experienced advice before deciding. Hope that helps Max
  5. Hi Pward I can't advise properly (maybe request views from one of the mods) but it would seem reasonable to me for you to pursue the remainder of the money. Perhaps, call or e-mail your contact at Lloyds tmorrow morning saying that you have noted the partial refund to your account and anticipate the remainder (including 8% interest) to be paid into your account by Monday or you proceed to court - play hardball! That's just my opinion of course and I think you should seek more experienced advice before deciding. Hope that helps Max
  6. Hi Camdenite No, it was genuinely strange ... the 6 pence in their offer was what particularly threw me when I received the call! They said they couldn't corroborate all of the charges, that's why it fell £100 short. A small part of me feels on principle I should have pursued the entire amount ... especially as the amount includes interest at 8% which was correct in Feb. when I did the money claim online - but would have increased by £200 or so by now. But I spoke to a few people after receiving the offer and pretty much everyone said accept it, so I did. Good luck in
  7. Hi guys An update with my case. Natwest phoned me first thing this morning and offered me a bizarre settlement of £4911.06. The amount I claimed was £5035. They said I if I accepted the 'good will gesture!' I would receive the cheque recorded delivery tomorrow. I thought it over and considered it probably wasn't worth the hassle and stress of court for £100, so I accepted. Pward have you heard anything from your bank? Cheers Max
  8. Hi Camdenite Thanks for your report, it's certainly made me a little less aprehensive. Mine's with Natwest and Cobbetts, their now notorious lawyers. Sorry to hear it didn't get resolved as you wanted - although a partial victory is still positive. Normally when banks make offers of cheques/payments into accounts I believe you are supposed to acknowledge the 'partial' payment and demand the balance. However if the judge determines it to be a 'full and final settlement' I don't know how this changes things? I'm sure with the advice from the forum you'll be able to get this r
  9. Hi fellow Natwest forummers I have sent an LBA to Natwest Credit Card at their Southend address for approx £180 and have received no reply. I intend now to claim the money back through the moneyclaim site but was wondering what address I should use for Natwest Credit Card in the claim? As I had received no response I wondered whether I had sent the LBA to an incorrect address or whether they were simply stonewalling the letter?? I've made a couple of other claims (2 successful -MBNA & GE Capital and 1 at the court stage - Natwest current account) and have always recei
  10. Hi Pward 33, yes my order is identical wording so I assume everyone's is ... and yes it is on July 24th at 11.00am not July 23rd - doh! Camdenite best of luck with the hearing and I hope everything runs smoothly for you and all the others with similar cases! Thankyou in advance also for reporting on what happens. Cheers Maximus
  11. Hi Heybut I received a preliminary hearing date for 24th July with a number of other similar [bank charges I guess] cases. You can follow it on the Central London Court Developments thread I have just bumped. It seems there are a number of us in the same situation. Have you received a date yet? M
  12. Hi Camdenite My date is the 24th, so a week later than yours, but I still haven't heard anything from Cobbetts [Natwest's lawyers] since this date was announced. I guess as it is not a final court date, they are holding fire on making any offers or correspondence - as they don't need to? They seem quite adept in brinkmanship! It will be interesting to see if the banks do send anyone. I'm going to take the full court bundle as a precaution. How about you? It seems this is new territory for everyone, so it is difficult to know what to advise. Maximus
  13. I should also add, in my case it was 'ordered that:- the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the District Judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise' Max
  14. Hi MEOB I get your drift! But is there a standard way of contacting banks at this stage to an encourage an offer/settlement? I'm quite well versed on how to proceed up until this stage (with a couple of other succesful smaller claims) but this is now new territory for me! I assumed you basically sit tight and wait for the date (preparing as if it will be going to court) and hope that the banks make an offer the closer the date gets? Any advice would be appreciated ... M
  15. Hi Pward Just to let you know I have been given a 'preliminary hearing' for July 23rd with Judge Avant where they are grouping a number of similar cases (I guess bank charges cases) together to save time and cost, apparently. Hopefully you have received something similar? I was wondering if this constitutes an 'actual' court day as far as the bank are concerned in terms of making offers before the date occurs or if it is something different ... if so how might they react to this news? M
×
×
  • Create New...