Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About wh1te0w1

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. hi, got a request from the valuation office agency for Non domestic rating requesting info on my husbands rent for his workshop(for business rates).the business has now closed due to his illness with cancer and currently he is storing his stuff in it until he can get rid of it, blacksmiths stuff. he is on invalidity benefits. last year we got small business rebate,(which was worth 50% of the rates charged)as i was initially advised to keep claiming it, as this would be cheaper than the severe illness thingy they can grant, it also takes much longer than the small B R to grant .but at the time he hoped he would work again. question is, if he isn't trading any more can he still claim small business relief or the severe illness thingy? i assume if we cant, he will have to pay the full rates if we are simply occupying the premesis. i have no idea when the anvils, forge and 2 ton power hammer may be removed!! i am still having to pay the rent. i ask because the first question is..what is the property used for? should i say storage ?
  • Create New...