Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by madmax1973

  1. Hi, my son is young & he did not word the receipt correctly, it states how much was paid, what is owed & the log book to be given on the rest of the moneys paid. My son has the log book, MOT and service history. he doesn't have the car or the key. this is why he cant go & take it back as there was no spare.


    Can he report it as stolen ? The car was only £500 & he ows £250 still. Would there really be any point in going to court ? Also, the tax will be due at the end of the month & the car is still in my sons name.

  2. Hi, Im really sorry if this is in the wrong place !


    I hope to help my son. He sold his car to some guy, he paid 50% of the money and said he would pay the rest by the end of May at the latest. This has not happened.He has now stopped answering all calls from my son & he is ignoring the text.


    He has got a receipt with all the details on & signed by both party's. Lucky my son did keep hold of the log book and knows exactly where he lives. Do you know what i am LEGALLY allowed to do ?


    Thank You

  3. I have been in contact with the Childrens Services and they say they cannot be involved at this stage. There are no Safeguarding issues with the child. They are adamant that the only time they can be involved when the child becomes homeless.


    And as ive said, he cant get legal repesentation because he has not been awarded his benefits yet.


    She is now going for a Transfer of Tenancy and an Occupation Order.

  4. Does anyone no how to get a solicitor to represent you, when your claim for Income Support hasn't been awarded yet ? His said he cant claim for legal aid, so is unable to do anything at this time ???...... she claimed the benefits which has messed him up.


    Hers are already in talks with the LA solicitors


    Please ?????


  5. Thank you,


    I would like to make it quite clear (as i could not edit this post for some reason), that she is not the birth mother and they are married. The childrens services have been contacted but they say they cannot intervene in this but it would not be right for the judge to make the child move after such a neglectful history ? I find it quite unbeliveable that this is down to money for a shower conversion !


    So he cannot do a thing to prevent this ?

  6. :confused: Hello, i am writing this on behalf of a close friend who is getting desperate and confused;


    Father and son were living in a 3rd floor 2 bedroom flat owned by the local council. The Tenancy in the sole name of the father. He was awarded custordy of his son in 2006 due to reasons of neglect by his bm.


    August 2007 he met his new partner and she had a council studio flat of her own. She gave up her Tenancy to come and live with them in the 2 bed flat. She has got "disabilitys" (not to the extent she makes out as i belive it is Munchausen’s )

    and found the 3rd floor flat an issue because of the stairs so got on to the council for a move into a more suitable property. They awarded her points ect and said that they were entitled to move to a 2 bed property on the ground floor. They found one and moved into it in November 08. Since this time her mobility component has dropped to the lower rate and her mobility car taking from her but in Jan this year after involving Adult Social Services they fitted a low level shower in and have taken the bath out. the other adaptions are 2 hand rails by the toilet.


    The problem is that they split at the end of July and she has left the home to stay with her mother and was not going to go "after" the flat but has now changed her mind. Very long story but they both have a non-molestation order against each other. As you can imagine the judge wants this sorted out but is swaying towards the "disabled" woman and has said that it would be a waste of tax payers money to move her because of the adaptions and said it would be better for them to move !:confused: he has a 6 year old son who has been "A child in need" and needs stability in his life.


    The flat was not a disabled one mearly a ground floor flat but first of all why would they move the child and second of all why would she require a 2 bed flat for 1 person ??? :-x

  7. Hi everyone,


    Many many thanks for all the good advice. I am now going to put this all in practice now..... wish me luck!


    My husband has spoken to the customer and he is willing to sign a letter of satisfaction, so this is our first step :D and then comes the "polite" letter to the builder requesting payment..... will keep you informed when i know more !

  8. Thanks BF & H2006


    Unfortunately he has worked for the builder for about 3yrs now and he normally would invoice him. This time he hasnt because he said he will pay in stage payments. my husband does have a record of what works were completed by himself but no actual dates. (Between March and September) The customer has not been happy either because the work has taking so long.(not my husbands work) The other problem is that the customer is the sister-in-law to the builder :confused: (hope this makes sense) we cant see them going against him altho they are very annoyed with him themselves. They said they have put it down to experiance and would not use him again. The customer still comes to my husband tho and gets him to work direct for them.


    I do know that the builder has had 17k out of the job and sent 10k abroard for works to be completed on his luxury place in Dubi. (nice eh?)He has no written agreement with the guy as their was no need before..... obviously we wre wrong :sad:

  9. If someone could help, we would be most grateful...


    My Husband is owed about £4000 from a guy he has sub-contracted for. (My husband is a one man band)


    This money has been outstanding for some months now. Unfortunatly we have no savings or any means to obtain moneys. He has now fallen out with the guy due to finally loosing it, he told him he would not work any more for him untill he has been paid. He has always been a bit of a pain for paying but this year he has got worse. (we believe his money is tied up in property that he cant sell)


    We got married at the end of August and could not go on our honeymoon because of this. What adds insult to injury is that he and his wife have just been for a nice 10 day holiday :mad: We also have a Tax bill and a NI bill that we cannot pay untill we get this which has been outstanding for a few months now.


    I think we can take him down the small claims route but can someone give me any advice on how, what proof we need ect.. do we need to send him a letter?


    Kind Regards



  10. Thank you everyone for your help, i am extremly not impressed with having to pay more than we should just so someone can hit their targets. I will be fighting this until we get the moneys repaid back!!


    Any tips on how i should word the letter to head office?? (i really am rubbish at putting pen to paper)



    Hi Nicki


    Im no good at pen to paper either... any luck on the letter



  11. Your home insurance policy only needs to cover items subject to a hire purchase agreement that you are responsible for.


    Your policy may well do this.


    If you're unsure, ask your insurance provider to clarify whether or not this is the case.


    This is then PROOF of suitable home contents insurance. End of.






    I am covered and argued to i was blue in the face, but BH absolutely insist that my insurance claim/payout must be paid direct to them


    Had a visit,yet again yesterday from you know who politly asking if i would go into the shop and sign the paperwork for the OSC to be removed and that they would forget the late fees and back date the removel to the date the seven day notice expired.

    So in i go and they were expecting me and asked if i have home insurance so i showed them the certificate and they never even read it.

    All the agreements were amendments that just follow on from the originals so i am now paid upto date saving £20 per week.

    I suspect but have no proof that there backsides have been kicked through my letter to head office telling them that this is there mess so sort it out.


    But i havent done yet.....oh no


    BH wont except my insurance cover as it is the wrong sort!! my insurance wont pay them direct so BH wont except that... they want paying direct if i need to claim. Tho i am covered under my contents insurance for HP items?:confused:

  13. Pretty sure they are talking crad mate ! for the simple reason of, my insurance will pay me out.. or replace the item, then I clear the debt. What matters is the item is covered and would be paid for. I had to get a letter from my insurer, they even faxed a copy to BH as they were trying to argue it with me.... If you can cancel yours if they really do not provide cover for hp items in the way BH (think bh are lieing here).... then go to morethan.... :) who I am with.


    I had to go through head office and make a complaint to get ours taken off that should of been done in Jan/Feb time.... ! keep at them mate.


    Will do, i wont let this rest if they are in the wrong !!!!! :cool:

  • Create New...