Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mapadale

  1. Once they've received your letter, usually within 2 weeks. It can be quicker, you will get a letter letting you know it's been paid.
  2. There are quiet a few things that they could be potentially breaking, however I would advise that you see a solicitor.
  3. It's very strange that your local council don't help. You could try the local authority (Social Services), or varying charity's in your area. Also a good person to ask, is your care worker if you have one.
  4. But as I said, in order for anyone to claim in your name they would need a hell of a lot of details including "Photo ID" and to go to those lengths in order to steal someone ID just for benefits doesn't rarely happen as it's to much to be required as proof. Once you've seen the advisor, you need to initiate a FRAUD investigation and you can action this whilst with the advisor or ask for a manager to get it started.
  5. Something smells fishy here and I'll explain why. In order to get a "Social Fund Loan" you have to be claiming benefits. In order to claim benefits, you would require proof of identity IE: Photo ID (Always asked for) You will have also have had to give them your address, as well as your National Insurance number. You will have had to gone to an interview at your local Job Centre in order to prove who you are on your first interview and will have had to be claiming benefits for a set period before you could even get a "Social Fund Loan" unless it was a "Crisis Loan" though £400 is too much for one of these. There are a lot of hoops you would have to jump through first, before even getting to the stage of applying for a "Social Fund Loan" with DWP and most of these are just for the benefit alone. A SAR isn't actually required though, you can make an appointment to see a local Job Centre advisor and speak to them regarding your concerns or even make the appointment with a manager. They will be able to give you details of when you made your first claim, address the claim was made too and the ID that was shown to confirm who you are (details such as NI and address would have had to be confirmed in the first instance of speaking with them anyway). There are a lot of details that are required in order to make a claim, so unless someone has stolen your whole identity including your National Insurance number I find it very hard to believe that you don't owe this money or never been on benefits (As you can claim benefits from the age of 16).
  6. No, you can report an offence at any time. As you've only come to check your items fully recently, it's at this point you've noticed items damaged or missing. As a landlord he has broken various rules and regulations and they need to be reminded of this with court action, you can pursue your landlord in both Criminal & Civil court over the matter. Civil for the various issues as created by your landlord, including that of charging you for your own property and Criminal for the damage and loss of items whilst in his possession.
  7. Yes get it reported. But still keep at the insurance company till it's properly cancelled, you've got evidence to back you up so keep pursuing it. Also you can possibly find out about their compensation scheme as well, as advise them you wish to purse sue the matter in this event and will seek damages.
  8. Call the police and report it as theft simple as. Police will try and say it's a civil matter, however damage and missing goods is a criminal offence and needs to be dealt with as is. You also need to get back in touch with Shelter and seek legal advice from a solicitor, shelter can provide this.
  9. Don't ignore it, as your dad states as this will lead to further issues. You've done the right step by emailing them within the 14 days. You need to email them again, but include copies of the original emails. Advise them that they have refused to cancel your insurance within the 14 days and that you will be reporting it to Trading Standards. Remind them they are in breach of several consumer regulations by not accepting the cancellation in the first instance. Make sure your DD is cancelled. Go get some advice from your local CAB. you can also report them to the FSA if required. http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/ICOBS/7/1 (Just a guide)
  10. I mention court summons, because you called me a liar over information that I know as fact, so was pointing out to you something else that most claim is false and is also fact. I don't read, I action and have won on many occasions against councils for various things and one of those things is the legality of a PCN when a council reefers to it as a fine.
  11. The company should have provided you with a contract within 8 weeks of commencing your employment, if they haven't it's goes against ACAS regulations. You will have signed a temporary contract know as "Terms & conditions of Employment", before your full contract was sent out. You can request a copy of your full contract from them though and they have to comply with that request. If you are working a shift of more than 13 hours in any 24 hour period, then your employer is effectively not taking any notice of the working time directive unless stipulated in your contract that they can ask you to work over these hours (They are required to provide you with a notice that you sign, to say you agree to work over).
  12. It's a shame that I recently went through all my paper work and got rid of the countless letters written to the council over the facts of advising the PCN as a fine in a letter. As I've won various PCN incidents against Sheffield City Council over incorrectly stating a PCN as a fine and not had to pay a single one of them because of it. Next you will be telling me, that councils don't write their own Court summons either!!
  13. This will better explain the working time directive - http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1373
  14. Councils are notorious for writing letters to you, stating that you need to pay the "Fine". Though the PCN will never have those words on it, the council letters do. Once you receive the council letter stating this, the actually PCN then becomes illegal.
  15. Are you able to provide a copy of the letter? This is why you need to involve the council, as they will investigate the issue fully. If you are feeling threatened, then contact the police and make a harassment claim. However don't expect miracles from the police, as all they will do is visit the person in question and speak to them about the situation and if they deem it necessary warn that person about further incidents. The police will also always advise you to contact the ASB Team within the council.
  16. If the bank has confirmed no payment was taken or tried to be taken, then the next point is contact with BCW to find out why. As with the bank because it's paid by Direct Debit (Are you sure it's not standing order), BCW should be able to provide you with the details to why they couldn't take it including a non payment reference that is issued when the DD fails. They also shouldn't be taking a payment before the DD date, as that would mean they are in breach of the DD agreement (Even on bank holidays, the payment date should be after).
  17. I had this a couple of yeas ago, when I was parked in a loading bay outside McDonald's and was dropping equipment off at a local business in a car. If you can prove that at the time, you was loading (picking up an order, as long as it's not retail) then you can get the PCN quashed. However as stated, if no time is present then it is a 24 hour notice. However one thing you can challenge is the legality of the PCN, a PCN should under no circumstance contain the word fine. If it does, then the PCN is illegal unless generated by the local magistrates court. As a court is the only organisation, that is allowed to use the word fine.
  18. DLA will only be reassessed once they move over to PIP, though it's not actually anything to worry about and they do get reassessed every couple of years anyway as it's part and parcel of being on disability. Changing details such as bank account & address would not cause a reassess and is as straight forward as just making a phone call to them.
  19. As he is dropping in notes, this amounts to harassment. Unless it's threatening, the first course of action wouldn't be the police (unless you feel intimidated, as it can lead to further problems). Get in touch with your local council ASB Team and report it directly to them, they will investigate the issue including talking to neighbours (it does take some time to complete, so keep on at them about it). Your landlord also has a duty of care whilst your their tenant and should also investigate the ASB, especially if they are also a tenant of your landlord. You can get advice from CAB (Citizen Advice) & Shelter about your rights. One of the things that will be asked of you, is to record every incident by Date, Time and what's happening even the slightest thing needs to be recorded.
  20. So long as you get the correct information from the bank and provide it to BCW you should be ok, one thing I forget to mention though what you say on the phone to BCW also referr in a letter to them as well. As I've had issues in the past with BCW, telling me I didn't advise them of certain things (though I record all my calls now).
  21. It's unusual for Barclay's not to be helpful. Get back in touch with them and find out if there was any issues with payments not leaving your account, they will ask about specific payments so just advise them. They should be able to tell you, if the company had at all tried to take payment, if they did what the code was for non payment (they don't always give a reason). Then provide those details to BCW, but be aware that BCW can be arsey sometimes on the phone just don't get arsey back with them. The bank should be able to provide you with all the details to why.
  22. No your an agency worker, this is discretionary to them and dependent on your contract as your classed as a temp worker.
  23. Your friend needs to find their contract or have the original contract sent out, as nothing is 0% interest free and may have a time clause at which point interest is charged.
  24. If you sign off on the 29th, you will get your payment as normal on the 3rd.
  25. They will still pay you your final payment on your next payment date, also ask about the sign off bonus. And yes if you are doing more than 16 hours at college, if you don't sign off they will do you for fraud. Which will mean not only you having to pay back what they have given you, but you could potentially end up with a criminal record for fraud and screw the rest of your life up because of it.
  • Create New...