Jump to content

ScoobySnacks

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About ScoobySnacks

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Had a lovely letter from Barclays today, offering me about 2/3rds of the charges back. It's actually rather tempting at the moment, what with the training I'm doing hence no income, and my car gearbox deciding to commit hare kare at the weekend, but I will resist the urge to grab the money off them! So, off to find the letter rejecting their offer. Keep on claiming people!
  2. Well, the deadline has passed, the LBA has been sent. I await the enlightened response!
  3. Hi everyone. Been reading around on here for a while, followed a lot of the advice, all very useful! I am currently in between the first request for repayment and sending a notice of intended court action to reclaim the charges. I've put some details in another thread including the text of the letter I recieved the other day. Thought I'd put it into what seems to be the approved format around here. If possible could one of the mods possibly merge the two threads? I will keep this thread updated with what's going on with the claim. As a matter of interest, can I claim back
  4. Thankyou people, and quick responses too! That has confirmed what I was thinking, but didn't want it to adversely affect any claim in the courts. I'll keep this thread updated with any progress, am just putting all my details into the second letter ready to send off on the 30th. In the letter it says that someone will contact me. If they try to phone, what should I say to them? My line would be that I believe the charges are illegal, and that I expect them to be refunded. Is there anything I shouldn't say? Also if they do call (unlikely I would think) I will note down time and
  5. Hi everyone, I've got as far as sending off the first claim letter to the bank. My total claim is for just over £800 in charges over the last 6 years. Just recieved a letter from them saying Now a question. I set the timescale as fourteen days in my first claim letter, so should I, after the 14 days have elapsed, move on to the next step, or should I wait for them to "investigate the complaint" It sounds like a delaying tactic to me, which I'm not happy to accept, but if I push on regardless is it likely to harm my claim if it goes to court, not having given them reason
×
×
  • Create New...