Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Flyermonkey

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. This topic was closed on 03/05/19. If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their. If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened. - Consumer Action Group
  2. I suspect it was, but I am not certain and have no paperwork (at the moment) saying it was defaulted.... I am just doing the CCA request just now and the SAR for Canadian House so that may show one way or another
  3. One final question.... if I stop paying them until they provide an enforceable CCA can they issue a default notice and pass the details on to credit reference agencies thus stopping me get a mortgage?
  4. Great, I'll do this and let you know how I get on! Many thanks.
  5. Apologies, for the size of that, for some reason photoshop likes to make it's PDFs really big. I'll pay better attention next time. That document is all I have - there were no T&Cs attached. I'll put a SAR into Canadian House, as suggested, and see what that brings up. What are the T&Cs likely to say that would be useful and not in the signed agreement above? Thank you again for your help, this is all useful.
  6. Hi, here we go - this is the original agreement I had with Egg. Have a look and see what you think?
  7. Ah okay, that makes sense! I have pulled all the tricks and negotiations with the other debts but this one was so big I never dared to fight it. You are probably right, it has been an easy squeeze for various companies over the years hence why I want to push back hard now - they have had more than enough from me so far! Where should I send the scan? Its been a long time since I spent time on these forum. Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated
  8. Ah okay, I will do that now then. How will this help me with Marlin / Cabot? Thanks
  9. Hi, The SAR was sent to Marlin Financial Services Ltd, Marlin House, Grafton Road, Worthing. It included a copy of the original credit agreement that I signed with Egg so I haven't sent them a CCA Request. Thanks
  10. Yes, I have been sent the original agreement and then the past 6 years worth of information. Unfortunately there is no information for the period between 2003 and 2009. I suspect I may have defaulted in 2004, but I can't be sure. That was quite a difficult period of my life! Egg sold the loan in 2009 to Britannica Recoveries - Arrow Global who then sold it on to Marlin Financial in 2013 who have are now apparently part of Cabot. I have letters for these three transactions, but no details on how much they were sold for, for the reasons you say. Any though
  11. Hi, I am looking for some advice on negotiating with Marlin, now Cabot, over an Egg Loan from 2003. I was originally left with a number of debts when my business went bust over 10 years ago. This Egg loan is the only debt left, it started at £18k and is now at £7.5k has passed through various debt collectors along the way - I have been fairly consistent at paying £100 a month over that time. I now just want to finally get rid of it and Cabot just don't seem willing to negotiate. I have done a SAR and have had a copy of the original loan agreement from E
  12. Go for it Clara, they will roll over and when you see that cheque come through I hope you are as pleased as I was!
  13. I am not sure if a PO Box is acceptable, though as you point out the banks use one so it should be. On the court form it just asks for a mailing address (if different from your own address) so I would guess that a PO Box would be fine. Like I say i don't actually know though?
  14. The problem is that the moneyclaim online procedure explicitly asks for a mailing address in England, so if you don't have one you can't go through it. However, someone else on one of the threads asked if they can use an english solicitor which as far as I am aware would be fine. As, again, they would be only acting as your agent - the fees shouldn't be very much as you won't be asking them to go to court on your behalf or to prepare any legal documents as you would be doing these yourself. The other posibilty is asking if any of the moderators would act as an agent? it doesn't invo
  15. Hi, just read this thread - have been away and not paying attention to the forums as much as normal. I have always lived in Scotland and did have an account at the Bank Of Scotland for many years, until their charges became obscene and I switched accounts. Last week I recieved a large cheque from Halifax Bank Of Scotland through suing them via moneyclaim online at their Halifax address. I was advised to try this by my Scottish based solicitor and it worked. The only problem I had was that I had to get a friend to act as an agent - ie let me use his house in York as a mailing address.
  • Create New...