Jump to content

 

BankFodder BankFodder

dilaar

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

    54
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About dilaar

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Like Ethel said I've got to wait for the solicitors to get the excess back from the third party. I questioned it been as the third party had admitted liability but that the way it works apparently. I spoke with the claim motor engineer today about the valuation on of the car. He was like "good news, because of the additional extras we can increase the value of the car by £490 so that would make the total value £5690. " I said don't you mean £5990 as I have already been offered £5500 for the car. He said this was an error and the actual value was £5200. I tried to argue you it but he said that he had looked at cars available in my area and used three car valuation guides and this was the price and it would not be increased. so its all a bit meh!
  2. I'm really surprised. I honestly thought it was going to be at least £1000 less and I'd have a battle on my hands. I think I might look at for some evidence and make a counter offer. Don't ask don't get and all.
  3. Hi everyone, I've heard back from the insurance company and they have offered £5500 - excess of £340 = £5160. Any advice on what to do? thanks
  4. I removed the satnav disc as I didn't want it going missing while the car wasn't in our possession. Was this the right thing to do?
  5. Well I've been to see the car and taken lots of photos and a video. The only damage to the body work is the accident damage, there's not even any supermarket dings. The tyres all have good tread on them and spare is brand new. Two of the alloys are slightly kerbed. The inside could do with a hoover but there's no tears rips, stains or other type damage to the interior. The only thing I couldn't see was under the bonnet cos there was tape holding the lights and bonnet together. I feel much more confident that the car is in good condition and the only thing they can quote as a negative is that it needs a clean. I've got room on the drive for the car to be parked up so that wouldn't be a problem but getting it the 150 miles home would be. I really think they should have used a garage closer to his home address and not is student digs as it's just made things difficult. The accident management company is Auxillis.
  6. The car has done about 5k since the MOT It had no work done and only had 2 advisories which were 2 tyres that have since been replaced. I wouldn't have even thought of checking the spare - great tip! I'll have to work the car in sections so there is less chance of missing anything. I'm dreading dealing with settlement dispute and while it would be good to get it sorted asap, my son has been provided with a car through an accident management company (whole other concerns about this!) so he can still get to college and work. So we can wait it out. When they do make an offer, do I counter offer or wait for them to increase their offer? thanks
  7. Thanks BankFodder and Gick for the advice. The car is currently at a garage about 2.5 hours away from home. I intend to go see it tomorrow and I'll make sure I get lots of supporting evidence. Getting someone's view in relation to its condition might proof more difficult due to the cars location - it's in Hereford if anyone knows of anyone BankFodder, the car is a 2011 (61) VW Polo 1.6tdi SEL its got 72500 miles, it's been well looked after and I would say its in good condition, FSH, if it makes a difference it has xenons, Alcantara interior, heated seats and sat nav, it had its MOT in July but no work since. I've done a bit of research and have only found one with the same spec which was 2010 with 83k for £5500 so think the car to be worth around a similar price
  8. I ask as I’ve heard horror stories of cars being sold on before a settlement is made and if I need to challenge anything I won’t have access or knowledge of where the car is.
  9. Hi all My son recently had a no fault accident and the car has been deemed a total loss. Having spoken to Hastings they are looking to have the car collected by their salvage agent. Should I refuse this and ask for the car to be brought to the home address while a settlement figure is agreed? Thanks in advance
  10. MBNA said they weren't able to tell me as they sold the debt but I found an old copy of a credit report that shows when the payments to Link stopped. I was off sick from work and I went on to half pay and subsequently lost my job due to ill health its just a mess and I want to cry. it looks like i'm going to have to deal with these people.
  11. I’ll let you know when I find out. Cheers Dx
  12. Will do. You must be pulling your hair out because of me by now
  13. The CCA was sent as soon as I got the letter. I’ve done nothing with the PAP yet. Didn’t realise it was that important. I’m doing something with it now though! It will be in the post tomorrow
×
×
  • Create New...