Jump to content

billyisgod

Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

    30
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation

1 Neutral
  1. i had a response from Lloyds TSB re-affirming that they wont be willing to make any further move on the situation until the outcome of the test case is known and so yesterday i filed a claim with the Courts.
  2. an update; i recieved a list of charges and sent a request for repayment as per the template provided by CAG on the 18/2/08, had a standard response telling me how much they want to resolve my 'complaint' but little else so i have today sent an LBA. i look forward to doing battle.
  3. i had banked with lloyds for about 3 years and they had always been very fair with me. last summer personal circumstances meant i had to go over my overdraft limit quite considerably to assist a family member in his 'hour of need', i asked lloyds to raise my limit but they refused etc. consequentley i ended up with charges which i disputed with the manager, following a very unhelpfull meeting i explained i would be seeking reinbursement of the charges and any previous charges through the Courts to which he scoffed and reffered me to the test case currently ongoing. we agreed that my account would be placed in dispute until such a time as the test case findings were clear and further action could then commence. now let me make it clear that the amount that account is overdrawn is exactley the same as the amount i believe i have paid in charges over the three years, no more and no less, so i believe i owe lloyds nothing. anyway regardless of our agreement i am now being pursued by apex credit management and their solicitors buchanan wells and somebody, so bugger them if they cant keep their word neither can i! case open
  4. further to my claim against Abbey i am also now pursuing Lloyds, data protection subject access request sent today. i was willing to leave this account in dispute as agreed with lloyds last september until the OFT test case is resolved but they have instructed a credit agency to chase me for monies they have charged to an account i dont use anymore so they can have it back up em as a wise man once said! let battle commence
  5. i applyed for the stay to be lifted and paid the fee before christmas although i have now decided to wait and watch events as they transpire next week before re-submitting. Quote: Originally Posted by billyisgod i recieved a response yesterday saying that the type script on the N244 was not legible and had to be made bigger even though you couldnt do that on their own online form? anyway i blew it up and went back to the Court to resubmit, they then claimed a blown up version wasnt acceptable and it had to be retyped in minimum font size 11? so i am doing that this morning. you cant mate thats the point!
  6. i recieved a response yesterday saying that the type script on the N244 was not legible and had to be made bigger even though you couldnt do that on their own online form? anyway i blew it up and went back to the Court to resubmit, they then claimed a blown up version wasnt acceptable and it had to be retyped in minimum font size 11? so i am doing that this morning. the interesting bit is as follows, the civil court manager is very certain that the test case will not go the distance and he fully expects the banks to withdraw from the process at some point during the 8 days? he said he couldnt say why he was so sure this would happen but assured me his information was from a very reliable source involved at a relatively high level in the test case itself? anyone else heard this? any solicitors with any contacts in the know care to support or dispell this one? of course the credibility of the source cant be proven unless this actually happens but he was very easy to believe and seemend convinced and confident that his information was good? i love a good rumour nearly as much as a good legal scrap
  7. another update, its like a blog this isnt it? on the 8th October 2007 i recieved notification from the Court that Abbey had requested a stay, funnily enough, and it had been granted. so today after having read more on this forum i filed an N244 application to have the stay lifted and the case heard. i await a response ;-)
  8. the lovely people at Abbey have written to tell me they are part of a consortium involved in legal proceedings with the OFT to put through a test case to decide whether the charges they believe are fair are in fact lawfull and i will now have to wait for an outcome from this? they are asking the Court for a 'stay' which in effect puts my case on hold. anyone know if i can insist that the Court proceeds as i dont want a stay? after all if they had complied with their legal obligations with regards the subject access request in the first place i would have been to Court and had a ruling allready? the delay is their doing not mine!
  9. oh and i forgot to mention i have written to the OFT and make a consumer credit act 1974 complaint against Abbey too
  10. another update, at the hearing Abbey didnt turn up and a judgement to award me my costs etc was made, in the meantime Abbey sent me a cheque for £280.00 covering what i was asking for. i have recieved no response from Abbey regarding the charges letter and LBA and so this morning i filed a County Court claim against Abbey for £3594.00 in charges, £1235.92 interest under s.69 and £120.00 Court fees! i am enjoying this so much now, am i wierd?
  11. ok a lots happened since my last post. the Court have decided to set a date for a hearing to ask abbey why they filed an incorrect defence, 1030hrs 18th july 2007, and i have now written a letter before action giving a further 14 days to pay me up in full. i will be in court on wednesday to seek my court costs and administration costs (totalling £280.00). more updates to come. anyone else ever think they should re-train and become a solicitor?
  12. right updates! they finally complied with the DPA request and sent me there records, ive calculated they charged me £3594 over a three year period whilst i was at University. i am today writing to reclaim those charges. now i do need some advice, i have filed an action to force them to comply with the DPA request but as it hasnt reached court yet and they have now complied what happens about the £180 it has cost me to take action so far, bearing in mind abbey did not comply until they became aware i was taking them to court? cheers
  13. yes i complained to the ICO first and they found abbey had breached principle 6 of the data protection act, it didnt make any difference to abbey as they largely ignored the findings but it does prove to any future court that i have exhausted all other options!
  14. does anyone actually read this thread btw?
×
×
  • Create New...