Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 09/01/20 in all areas

  1. 1 point
    Have a read of the links above...I haven't looked at the finer details...but im sure your answer will be there.
  2. 1 point
  3. 1 point
    As far as I'm aware they dont go on the deeds. https://www.google.com/search?q=JBSP+schemes+(Joint+Borrower+Sole+Proprietor)&oq=JBSP+schemes+(Joint+Borrower+Sole+Proprietor)&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 Andy
  4. 1 point
    Perhaps it would assist if the current circumstances are clarified. "Whilst I have had arrears in the past, I have always paid off outstanding balances from the date promised." 1) Do you have any rent arrears at the moment ? 2) If the answer is yes, how many weeks/months are you in arrears ? 3) How many other tenants are on the tenancy agreement ? 4) Are they all students ? 5) Have other tenants on the agreement paid their rent up to date as far as you know ? "Ideally, I would like to move from my current situation, to somewhere more secure and longer term. " 1) When are you looking to move ? 2) What are the terms of the tenancy agreement in regard to period of tenancy and any notice required to move out of the property ? 3) What type of student course are you taking ? Is this a University course and you are receiving student finance from Student Finance England towards your Housing and living costs ? 4) When does the student finance towards housing end ? Once your student course ends, you can then claim Universal Credit including help towards your Housing. As you are under 35 years of age, you would normally only be eligible to a shared accommodation rate, which is based on costs of renting a room. There are some exceptions to this, where you can be entitled to a 1 bedroom rate which is much more than the shared accommodation rate. One of which is previously having been in care of a local authority. If you need supported accommodation due to health/vulnerability issues, this can be arranged by local council authority and Housing paid through council Housing Benefits, rather than Universal Credit. "I am currently seeking advocacy to help support me with this situation as I do not feel like I am able to deal with the landlady/councils by myself." The best option may be to contact the Council where you are looking to live after you stop being a student. Most Councils have details of Welfare rights advisors in the area. The Council will also have staff that help with complex Housing issues and navigating benefits. Can the University/college help you ? They often have contact with Councils/Government departments/advisory services and may be able to help you.
  5. 1 point
    When I received a similar letter I was able to go online and was able to view pictures of the event. I took the speed awareness course, no points on my licence.
  6. 1 point
    Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise later. I wonder if I could ask you to clarify what you mean by your point 2) please about the council and your housing situation. Have you tried Shelter? They have a website and a helpline. https://www.shelter.org.uk/ Best, HB
  7. 1 point
    They are more than absolutely incredible!
  8. 1 point
    No and it might not be the end there could be a Court log jam
  9. 1 point
    Anglia are not certified enforcement agents as far as I can see, which explains the following comment...and if needs be attend back with court bailiffs. and even if he held a section 62, it doesnt magically make them a bailiff. very interesting. dx
  10. 1 point
    Swamped with all the speculative claims the DCAs issue around this time of year trying to get money in for year end. You have proof of postage so your covered.
  11. 1 point
    Section 62 is with regards to Enforcement by taking control of goods (2)The power conferred by a writ or warrant of control to recover a sum of money, and any power conferred by a writ or warrant of possession or delivery to take control of goods and sell them to recover a sum of money, is exercisable only by using that procedure. Which of course they do not have in this claim because its suspended by the Consent Order
  12. 1 point
    No.....its automatically stayed....read your court acknowledgment of your defence. Andy
  13. 1 point
    Not been on the site for a few weeks guys. I have made a donation and wish you all well. Thanks for this superb site which is so useful when you need advice and feel so alone at times.
  14. 1 point
    Hi there again. I have been reading your thread and have a couple of points to ask, I am not sure if they are of any relevance ( maybe Andy or DX can give their opinions) On POST 11 when asked what is the debt for, you put CREDIT CARD, then in POST 35 for your defence you requested a CCA section 78 credit card. But then in POST 62 your defence is for an overdraft facility and loan amount.
  15. 1 point
    Check with MCOL and your court to see if any applications have been made.......as far as I'm aware you cant stay a small claims claim on allocation...only Fast Track claims N181. If they wished to delay proceedings then they shouldn't have informed the court to issue directions questionnaire.....or issue a claim if they are not in receipt of all the relevant documents. Andy
  16. 1 point
    I would advise very strongly against giving any ground on ownership of the property. You have no idea what might happen if they decide to leave their share of it somewhere else in their will. You are the sole owner of the property – and I would keep it that way because anything else will start to introduce further complications and ambiguities – and at the end of the day the only beneficiary will be the solicitor. Imagine if your parents became part owners and then continued in litigation against you and started incurring costs which they were unable to satisfy – the next thing that will happen will be that the solicitor start to take action against the property as being your parents' only asset and you will then be fighting possession proceedings brought by the solicitor to pay off his fees. I don't think there's much more we can say on this
  17. 1 point
    Thanks for that Alan, I did send the Consumer Credit Letter (have pasted copy below to confirm). They did not send a deed of assignment, and I don't know what one is or what it does. Should I write and ask for it? What do I do if I receive/don't receive it? Thanks I do not acknowledge ANY debt to your company. I require you to supply the following documentation before I will correspond further on this matter. 1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) - your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number ……………………………….. 2. A signed true copy of the deed of assignment of the above referenced agreement that you allege exists. 3. You are notified that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not under S189 of the CCA 1974. Non-compliance with my request is a criminal offence under the above Act and will result in a report being submitted to the relevant statutory authorities. As you are aware, a credit agreement that is not properly documented and signed by the customer is totally unenforceable under the CCA and therefore is a complete defence to any court claim that is issued. Take note at this stage, that any legal action you may contemplate will be both vigorously defended and contested. Yours sincerely,
  • Create New...