Jump to content


Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 18/06/13 in all areas

  1. 110, Equidebt employees to lose their jobs. All will have bills to pay, some will have family's to feed , most will have cars to run. Some will struggle to pay their everyday bills, some will have credit cards / store cards with large balances . I wonder now, when facing an uncertain future & all the company's demanding payment , putting them into the hands of DCA`s who will be harassing , demanding , threatening them with bailiffs, bankruptcy, charging orders, CCJ`s etc etc. will they ever take a moment to reflect on their involvement in the suffering they caused others .I am not a vindictive person. I know that some will be reading this, as will other DCA employees. Stop for one moment . No one is bomb proof , no one can predict the future, no one deserves to be hounded for circumstances out of their control. This could be you any day soon.
  2. We have been telling people to put a letter into their bank instructing them not to make any payments under any circumstances to these companie http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/- it works! banks MUST follow written intructions from their customers ! This fsa [now the FCA] 11:24 31/05/2013 guide has now been updated: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/consumer_...ghts_guide.pdf Here's the text: Cancelling a regular card payment: When you give your credit or debit card details to a company and authorise them to take regular payments from your account, such as for a gym membership or magazine subscription, it is known as a ‘recurring transaction’ or ‘continuous payment authority’. These are often confused with direct debits, but do not offer the same guarantee if the amount or date of the payment changes. In most cases, regular payments can be cancelled by telling the company taking the payments. . However, you have the right to cancel them directly with your bank or card issuer by telling it that you have stopped permission for the payments. Your bank or card issuer must then stop them – it has no right to insist that you agree this first with the company taking the payments. Be aware, though, that you will still be responsible for paying any money that you owe. . see: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?336569-How-to-remove-a-lender-s-continuous-payment-authority(2-Viewing)-nbsp . http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/consumerinformation/product_news/banking/know_your_rights/solving/index.shtml and Attach the following to your claim and in the interim period write to your bank and attach the following (Keep a copy) Regulation 55 of The Payment Services Regulations 2009: 55.—(1) A payment transaction is to be regarded as having been authorised by the payer for the purposes of this Part only if the payer has given its consent to— (a)the execution of the payment transaction; or . (b)the execution of a series of payment transactions of which that payment transaction forms part. . (2) Such consent— (a)may be given before or, if agreed between the payer and its payment service provider, after the execution of the payment transaction; and . (b)must be given in the form, and in accordance with the procedure, agreed between the payer and its payment service provider. . (3) The payer may withdraw its consent to a payment transaction at any time before the point at which the payment order can no longer be revoked under regulation 67. (4) Subject to regulation 67(3) to (5), the payer may withdraw its consent to the execution of a series of payment transactions at any time with the effect that any future payment transactions are not regarded as authorised for the purposes of this Part. This means that you can simply ask your bank to refuse the payments, it is also good practice to let the lender know too. So, if you would like your creditor to stop trying to take a payment all you need to do, in theory, is to inform them that you remove their authority. It's probably better to do this in writing and via recorded delivery - if possible. You can learn more about your rights via the following fsa guide : Ending recurring payments from credit cards 57 Recurring payments, is the term used to describe transactions for which a client has granted written permission for her/his credit or debit card to be debited for recurring goods or services, for example, club membership subscriptions, insurance cover or payday loansicon. The card may be debited annually, monthly or at other regular intervals. . 58 In most cases, recurring payments can be cancelled by telling the trader taking the payments. However, a client has the right to withdraw consent by simply telling whoever issued the card (the bank, building society or credit card company) that s/he does not want a payment to be made. S/he can tell the card issuer by phone, email or letter. . 59 The card issuer has no right to insist that the client ask the trader to stop taking the payment first. The card issuer has to stop the payments if the client has asked them to. The client could point out to the card issuer that they should follow the FSA guidance available in the FSA know your rightsicon booklet which is available on the FSA website at www.fsa.gov.uk. . 59a If money is still taken from the client's account, it will be deemed to be an unauthorised transaction, and the card issuer must give her/him an immediate refund. The card issuer will have to cancel any interest and charges added to the her/his account because the payment was taken. It is not up to the client to prove that s/he told the card issuer to stop taking payments. Instead, the card issuer would have to prove that s/he did not tell them to stop making payments. . 60 The client should make a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service when all the internal complaints systems within the company issuing the card have been exhausted. I hope this information is of assistance
  3. http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/ They are a DNO for the east of England. http://www.energynetworks.org/info/faqs/electricity-distribution-map.html - nothing dodgy about them in my experience. I am an electrician and do contracting work for UKPN. The British Gas man reporting an issue before the meter is plausible. There is a scheme running at the moment where old/potentially dangerous supplies/equipment is reported by those involved in metering etc. We often get called to jobs by UKPN because British Gas Metering has been along, condemned it and won't work on it until the defect is repaired (meter changes are a common cause). With regards to the fused neutral, if you haven't reported a fault then I can't understand why they would investigate/visit. I hope this is of help.
  4. Hi and welcome to CAG. I have moved your thread to the PPI forum. If these accounts were paid off more than six years ago then you may have trouble getting any data on them. Usually the forst thing to do would be to send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to each lender. There is a template in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page on green. The statutory fee is £10 and they will have 40 days to comply.
  5. no its a legal requirement for anyone demanding money from you under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act, to hold an enforceable copy of said agreement signed by you. if/if not the demanded balance is correct or not at this stage is immaterial. typically where you get debts sold on by the original creditor this is an indication there is something WRONG with the debt thus they writ it off pop it on a phishing list and sell the problem on. as with all debts, it a matter o fan information gathering exercise never ever assume what is written in letters by dca's or even worse heard on the phone is CORRECT. ALL the DCA's are concerned in is getting money out of you. they don't care about your rights/the law/the guidelines if they can get away with fleecing someone they will use ANY method to secure payment. just look where your money to a dca goes: http://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/property_news/news/millionairedebtcollectordigsdeepinsouthkensington.html dx
  6. Hi there, letter affixed. You need to put your name where there are XXX's in the second paragraph. When you print out the letter make sure your printer is set for A4 paper (not the default Letter size) so it all stays on one page. Send the letter by recorded delivery - keep a copy for yourself and staple the recorded del receipt to the letter. Check on the royalmail website a few days after posting and print off the signed for receipt - keep safe with your copy of the letter.
  • Create New...