Woolwich/Barclays are killing!

jacquilottin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

this is my first attempt at posting. I received a reply from my bank, the Woolwich/now Barclays bank that on the total charges ***** from me, approx. £2500 over the last 6 years, they are prepared to give me only £700, 'without any admissions of liability, due to the cost and inconvenience inherent in a further dispute, and intended as a gesture of goodwill', end of quote. I found this very insulting indeed. I am not prepared to accept this. I wonder how they got to this figure. Please i need urgent advice on how to proceed, whilst looking for the right template on this site.

thanks a million. Jacqui

hi jacqi,

i myself are quite new to this!!! i have had an offer of £1000 as a good will gesture so i telephoned them once i recieved a letter stating that offer wasnt good enough after all the bad press etc and how much people are getting back they immedietly upped it to £1350 which i refused over the phone then i sent a letter stating i would accept the money as an intrim payment but would seek the rest through the small claims court. so basiclly they are admitting they are wrong i again declined this offer went on holiday for a fortnight came home telephoned barclays head office yesterday to let them know that i was going to my local county court today(i left a voice mail) a guy called james mccoombs with a very high pitched voice telephoned me today whilst i was in court handing over my £120 to say that this was there final offer so i guess i will see them in court!!!! i havent a clue what im doing either but people on here do help

from

one clare to another good luck you go girl!!!!!!!

Hello,

this is my first attempt at posting. I received a reply from my bank, the Woolwich/now Barclays bank that on the total charges EDIT from me

Hi Jacqui,

Totally agree fight your corner - they have taken your money via charges - so why accept less than that back. Your comments are potentially libelous above though.

Keep us all informed, good luck;)

• 1 month later...

thank you all for the support and words of encouragement. I have now put in a court claim online for the total amount owed, and anxiously waiting to see what happens next. Just out of interest though, has anyone had their Woolwich/Barclays Openplan account closed as a result of taking them to court, or them using the money owed to clear any overdraft on the account whether the customer agrees to it or not?

Its taken me a while to post again because i did not know where to go see any replies to my earlier posting.

thanks.

jacqui

• 5 weeks later...

hi, hopefully this is the right 'thread' although i never seem to know how to get to this directly when i log onto the site. thanks for the reply Welshman. can i clarify that if i did not calculate the interest from the totall figure claimed ( because i did not know how to do it) can i do so now as i return my questionnaire? will struggle badly with that as figures are a nightmare for me. will i ahve to send a copy of the charges to the courts that the bank sent me? any help will be appreciated

oh i found it. will go on to read what to do with the allocation questionnaire. i got Form N149. another question please. how do i get directly to this thread of mine when i log onto this site? i ahve tried going to private messages but it always tells me its empty. thanks in advance. Jacqui

Hi.

(Please accept my apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum).

I only found this site today, quite by accident!

I would appreciate help in a situation that I consider to be unfair. It may be that Woolwich are justified in what they charged my boyfriend, but if you could help it would be really appreciated.

In April 2004 my boyfriend took out a 25 year mortgage for £60,000 with the Woolwich. He paid £275 for a 2 year discounted rate and his monthly payments were approximately £360 per month. In March 2006 the sale of his house was completed and he moved in with me. When he redeemed his mortgage he was just one month short of coming to the end of the 2 year discounted rate.

Woolwich charged him an early repayment charge of approx. £1000 which we had anticipated, but they also charged him approx £2,000 for redeeming the mortgage ONE month before the end of the discount rate deal. Had he completed one month later this charge would not have applied. We were informed that this charge would apply whether the mortgage was redeemed 23 months early or 1 day before the end of the discounted rate deal. We thought the charge would have been pro rata, ie. because he was only one month short that he should have only been charged 1/24th of the charge.

For the sake of one more monthly payment of £360, he was charged £2000. This seems so unfair.

Please, if anyone can help, please respond to this post.

Many thanks

Joanne :)

welshman, i have made 3 replies this evening but it does not appear here on this place you said is my thread. pls how do i get evrything in one like you open your email box and sent/recieved messages are just there. i find this really difficult