Welcome Finance - Misols Insurances

pears23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Everyone, a longtime lurker here.

just starting to get the ball rolling on mis-sold insurances, PPI, LIFECARE, HOMECARE & MEDICARE from Welcome! i studisly took out a loan for £15K July 2005 with this bunch and unfortunately had to take out a secured loan. I have a few questions which I am hoping you can help with. I can't make out if there is interest charged in acceptance fee, I also note I was charged for a mortgage indemnity fee.

wondering if one of you can have a look at this agreement and advise... I realise time is moving on but want to get ball rolling on this.

any advice gratefully received.

thanks

:|

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please have a look at the agreement & forgot to ask if anyone has had any luck with reclaiming PPI from welcome. lots of posts about attempts but can't see many successes? or are people just not sharing the news??

WELCOME LOAN 2005 picture by pears23 - Photobucket

happy reading all, particularly looking forward to a response from post or andie303!

forgot to add that I also SAR'd them, sent request november 2008, finally sent a reply 25th august 2009 & only sent me a statement. When I have had a reply from other organisations have had a huge pile of documents/ papers, etc.

cheers folks

:|

Edited by pears23

Yes, you should have received more than just a statement from your SAR.

Did you send the £10 payment off with the letter?

As its been a while since your first request it may be worth sending another request, but use postggj"s special Welcome one (youll have to search for it) as that might get you some of the more interesting info. Its either that or complain to the information commissioners office that Wecome didnt respond adequately to your first request, but this will take too much time imo.

I sincerely hope you get all of the info and then somebody can help you out on this one as Welcome have stitched you up for way way too much for the amount they loaned you.

OK, well for the sake of a tenner, Id still be inclined to send em another request. Ive found the template:

[your address]

[their address]

[DATE]

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx (or multiple numbers if more than one account)

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

The Subject Access is not limited to my transaction history and it is not linited merely to 6 years of historical information.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my financial business with you.

I require all information on details of all insurance products supplied by welcome financial services. This is to include the statement of means, statement of price, details of all insurance premium tax paid, and underwriting sheets.

If mortage indemnity insurance has been added to the agreement, i require all details on who this premium was paid to, and who underwrites this insurance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties or charges which are invalid under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations against me, then I shall be reclaiming them together with any interest charges which you have levied on them.

As it is your wrongdoing and mishandling of my account which has created the necessity for this Subject Access Request, I shall also be reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

[print name]

this needs to be sent recorded to this address

welcome financial services

compliance

ruddington fields business park

ruddington

ng11 6nz

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

[name]

Can't believe these A**h***s, got a letter back from these idiots asking for the £10 to process my SAR, even tho they alreday got it about 1 year ago!!!

Looking forward to a very strongly worded conversation to the Compliance Team tomorrow!! :mad:

has anyone ever managed to speak to anyone at Compliance dept, keep getting put through but listen to a very annoying beeping noise for >10mins & then I can't listen anymore!

can anyone shed anylight / contact numbers. These b*ggers just love to stall!!! Almost a year later!:-x

• 2 weeks later...

hows it been going

sorry been away on the sick but now back

try this number

its compliance and is two years old but valid

0115 984 9200

please people

only use that number as a last resort or they will change it

its a direct number to compliance

hows it been going

sorry been away on the sick but now back

try this number

its compliance and is two years old but valid

0115 984 9200

please people

only use that number as a last resort or they will change it

its a direct number to compliance

how you holding up postggj? making a good recovery I hope. You have been missed by all.

I've tried the 0115 984 9200 - not a direct number to compliance - you have several options to choose before you get to speak to anyone & then when I spoke with someone at Welcome they gave me the 0845 6187804 number. perhaps another stalling tactic! as can't get through am gonna send yet another letter spelling it out for them!

might be having to go the court route!

also had an interesting chat with the folks at Direct group - inconsistencies with dates etc, they sending me the info they hold on me!

• 2 months later...

hi folks

sorry been out of circulation a wee while but back on track now. Got my SAR details from welcome but only included copy of agreement & a statement.

No info regards underwriting details for PPI, what a surprise! :mad:

Also had SAR response from Direct Group, what a waste of time, only sent me t & c of policy which I already had. :Cry:

anyway looking at my agreement, am gonna draft letter to reclaim misold PPI , medicare, lifecare & reclaim the mortgage indemnity fee. This is a secured loan, originally for £15K in 2005, re wrote early 2008 (stupidly!!) current balance~£21K, so my understanding is that I should not have been charged this fee.

will draft some letters & post up for comment & advice please :oops:

Hi everyone, drafted these a letter rgards reclaiming PPI, have enclosed below. But have a query regards the mortgage indemnity fee..........

My understanding of an MIF, is that it should only be charged on a secured loan of more that £25K. My original loan was only for £15K, however with added on insurances, charges for credit & Mif this brought the total amount of credit up to ~ £17 900. What I wouold like to know is as the loan was re-written & PPI removed but not reclaimed in early 2008, does the charge transfer or would I needed to have signed another form. I would also like to know if I paid interest on this too, not sure by looking at my agreement, would appreciate some advice please...........

original agreement on post #2, sorry forgotten how to insert links again!!!

Draft letter regards reclaiming PPI enclosed below........

1. letter re misold insurances

13th January 2010

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

Compliance Dept

Ruddington Fields Business Park

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: Account number: xxxx

I am writing in relation to the the mis-selling a number of insurances including, medicare 24, lifecare 24, homecare 24, payment protection (PPI) policy. I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· These insurances were added without discussion and my knowledge.

· I was not asked about any pre-existing medical conditions I suffered from.

· I was not asked whether I already had any existing insurance or employer benefits that would cover my repayments

· I was sold a single premium policy that was not fully explained to me as the whole cost of the insurance was not made clear to me. .

·It was not explained that theses insurances would not run for the full term of my loan/

Unless you can prove that these policies are fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Yours faithfully,

all advice gratefully received................

Edited by pears23