vodafone cant be wrong **Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received an invoice from Vodafone even though i cancelled over a month ago.

On the invoice are call charges for over £20 and early cancellation chage of £4

The amazing thing is the sim card from vodafone has remained in the phone i was using at the time i took out a new contract with T Mobile in November and has been in a drawer that only i have access to.

My new contract allows unlimited calls to both landlines and mobiles so I have no need to use their phone.

Vodafone customer services are adamant that the calls have been made and are saying it needs paying or it will show up on my credit record.

I've checked the phone log after charging and the last recorded call is in November but Vodafone say the sim could have been used in a different phone which i know hasn't happened

I asked for the numbers dieled and apparently its just one no thats been dialled repeatedly,they gave me the no and when you dial it you get a message saying you have dialed an incorrect no.

How can this be resolved as im adamant im not paying for something i havent used?

Hello and Welcome,

Vodafone do have a member on this site, helping users with complaints, please have a look at this link.....................

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Phones are capable of making calls to numbers without the owner being present (unless switched off!). From what you explain, you actually stopped using your phone and terminated prior to the completion of your minimum term, but the amount is unusual... just £4..? It is usually a multiple of your monthly fee.

What inclusive minutes were provided as part of your package? Why were the calls to this unknown number not part of this? Was it a special number code, and what is the cost and start and stop times of the calls that cost £20?

It would be highly unlikely that Vodafone concocted these phantom calls simply to hit you with £20 on your bill, the billing system would have captured this, AND they can tell where the phone was (general area) where the call was made from, so if this was in your neighbourhood, someone may well have made the calls without your knowledge. Were they premium calls?

I le the contract run its full term and took out an additional contract with T Mobile.

At this point i stopped using the vodafone phone and sim and reduced the contract to the minimum i could which included some free minutes which were also used up calling this one no before it started acumulating the costs mentioned.

The phone and sim were locked in my office desk and it was switched off,the first time it was taken out was yesterday to have a look at the call log which shows the last call as november.

The calls made were up to 10 a day to this no which is a mobile no and range from 3 seconds long to 22 minutes long.

The no is 0785 2505139

There were a total of 59 calls made to this no from 01/03/10 until 11/03/10

This is the only no called, i had some inclusive minutes to mobiles but not many as i downgraded to the minimum i could because i wasnt using the phone until the end of contract.

If id wanted to call this no i could have done so on my new phone free of charge as many times as i liked as its on a all inclusive basis.

If your phone (or SIM) had been stolen or mis-used, then there would be a long list of numbers, the fact this was to (a) the same number, and (b) the only calls made during this period points to someone having access to it (even in a 'locked' drawer). It really doesn't matter that 'you' didn;t make the calls, as the contract holder is ultimately responsible for all call made whether within their control or not. I'd suspect a work colleague who found a cheap way to call is mum/girlfriend/boyfriend at your expense, knowing you were not around - I assume you were away for the specified period, and it stopped on your return?

Under these circumstances, it isn't the issue you were using a different mobile, just that someone was using yours and you'll be held liable for it. Only if you had a PIN lock in place to prevent the phone being switched on and used would help your security. If you did not have such a lock active, then - unfortunately - they are due the money for the calls made.

Puzzling. Was the handset locked though? Ask V where the phone was when it made these calls (cellsite ID). Even so, with their billing system certified, tunless they are willing to eaive as a goodwill gesture, your contract doesn't leave you wriggle room.

Hi specialbru,

On the face if it this does seem a little strange and certainly requires a little more investigation in regard to the usage charge side of things.

The £4.00 cancellation fee would indicate that your service was cancelled a little early but again I can take a look at this to make sure everything is in order.

As suggested by Scott and kiptower is you can get in touch with me by following the steps in our pinned thread which Scott has linked you to and then update the thread with your email reference number I can make sure we get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Could there be an instruction at network level to forward 'phone calls to a different number?

Some people get caught out by forwarding calls from their old number to their new one as they are caught unawares that they would have to pay for the forwarded part of the call.

thanks Lee for picking this up

Kip

It's no problem at all Kip - I seem to be getting a little busier on here of late.

Take care.

Could there be an instruction at network level to forward 'phone calls to a different number?

Some people get caught out by forwarding calls from their old number to their new one as they are caught unawares that they would have to pay for the forwarded part of the call.

Hi sequenci,

This's certainly a possibility but I'd expect the calls to be deducted from the customer's bundle as they usually divert to each a landline, voicemail and alternative mobile number.

Hopefully specialbru will be in touch soon so that I can take a closer look at things for them.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi sequenci,

I've been here for nearly twelve years and I really do enjoy being able to help our customers - glad to hear that you enjoyed your time here as well.

Although I did spend some at the old site I think you're referring to most of the last few years were spent in Newcastle until we moved to our new building in November 2009 which's a really great environment to be in.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK