jellybabe vs Argos (Hubby's account)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok then. Taking on Argos once more.

This is for my Hubby's account. Will send the CCA off tomorrow morning.

Letter goes to the following adress (1st class recorded) with £1 PO included:

Argos Card Services

Royal Avenue

Widnes

WA88 1AL

Will also S.A.R. them on Monday.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All the best with that, Jellybabe ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 weeks later...

Have yesterday received the following Letter and CCA (well, supposedly) and T&C's.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCaReply1.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCaReply2.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/Argos/ArgosTCs2of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/Argos/ArgosTCs1of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/Argos/ArgosTCs3of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/Argos/ArgosTCs4of4.jpg

will post the CCA in a minute.Just uploading it. Not too sure about the Link thing yet, hope they are working. Although i think the pictures might be a bit small??I had it all scanned into a pdf file, but not sure how to link one on here??

The CCA is made up of 4 stapled together printouts. No signature from me or them and no adress deatils on there. I assume they're trying it on. Although they do state in their letter that they can omit the adress and signature bits?? Anyway, will post it in a minute and then maybe someone can advice on my next step.

Sorry for the lenghty post :oops:

Edited by jellybabe

right then, here they are (i hope):

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCa1of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCa2of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCa3of4.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm51/jellybabe26/ArgosCCa4of4.jpg

As you may be able to see, they're just printouts with space for any adress details or signatures. Also, the only space that would be signable, is the cancellation form bit.

Another thing i noticed, Enclosure 1 has a little print at the top of the 3rd page:

Argos small print doc 9/5/06 2:28 pm Page 1.

And Enclosure 2 has the foloowing printed at the top:

Argos Card Executet T&C's 16/3/07 4:55pm

Now i'm not sure on this one, but i believe to have seen somewhere on CAG that it has to be the T&C's from when the account had been opened??

Edited by jellybabe

I would be grateful if anyone can advice me on the legibility of those please. And what my next step should be.

In the meantime i will prepare the non compliance letter in case someone confirms to me that they have not complied with my request.

Thank you

No Where within the copy documents regulations does it state that your name and address can be omitted

signature yes , name and address not a prayer

The Documents that have been provided may well contain the required terms thats not disputed but clearly its not the agreement you signed.

i suggest that you ask for the agreement within the SAR and also put in a line which says " in the alternative, please confirm the status of the original agreement, do you still hold on your records the original bearing my signature or a copy of it"

there was a case recently that held you may not be entitled to a copy of hte agreement but you ARE entitled to know if they actually hold it

Hi pt2537,

Thanks for your reply. So shall i just leave it at that (no non compliance letter?), and send my S.A.R (which i wanted to do tomorrow morning anyway? Obviously i will have to amend it to include the line you mentioned.

Thanks again for your reply, i felt a bit lonely on m ythread lately :o

just for your information the case i refered to is Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

just incase they come back with some rubbish saying they dont have to tell you if they still have the original, let me know if that is the case and we can fillet their donkey for them:D

Is the following ok to send as S.A.R.?

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my account history with your organisation.

Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Furthermore, with reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement. In the alternative, please

confirm the status of the original agreement. Do you still hold on your records the original bearing my signature or a copy of it.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 Data Protection Act subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

I have now asked for the agreement within the S.A.R., which will be sent tomorrow morning.

Still not sure if i have to send the Non compliance letter re. CCA off or not?

I think i just leave it at that. After all, the charges should amount to a little bit. Now i am wondering how i'm gonna calculate the interest. I've got my spreadsheet from Steven4064's signature, i believe this is the right one??

Shall i just take the interest of the Argos website or would it be best to just leave it with just the charges. There are many different opinions out for the different type of interests, and if to claim it or not.

Oh no! I just read a few threads and noticed that others have sent £11 instead of £10 when they requested the agreement within the S.A.R.??

Have i jeopardised mine now by just sending the £10?? I did send £1 with my initial CCA request, and thought i didn't have to pay again, as they hadn't supplied what i've been asking for.

Oh no! I just read a few threads and noticed that others have sent £11 instead of £10 when they requested the agreement within the S.A.R.??

Have i jeopardised mine now by just sending the £10?? I did send £1 with my initial CCA request, and thought i didn't have to pay again, as they hadn't supplied what i've been asking for.

Hi,

the fee for a SAR is £10 , well actually its a maximum of £10

if you already sent the one pound fee, then you do not need to send it again, all you need to do is send the £10 fee and a SAR and thats that

• 3 weeks later...

We have today received the Cryptic printouts, and an extra sheet where it states when the account was opened, current balance,how many sales in what year and a list of fees. Not dated , but at least it's easier to work out now when the charges actually have been made.

We also received the following regarding the CCA request:

ArgosIanCreditApplication.jpg

Why didn't i receive anything like this with my request.( http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/147294-jellybabe-argos-rd-2-a.html )..i wonder???

Any thoughts regarding the CCA?

Just been through the Charges and put them in Steven4064' spreadie.

The interest on the statements is 27.9% APR.

Well, with this spreadie the account is more than cleared. I will ignore the CCA thing and just go down reclaiming all the charges....i think.

Sounds like a much easier way. What does everyone else think?

Just preparing my Husbands Prelim to be sent asap.

Could someone please advice how i word the interest part exactly please?

I am using Steven4064's spreadsheet. I am still confused if his speadsheet is working out compounded, contractual or compounded contractual interest. I am tending to think it is compounded contractual??

Please please help me.....i've read it all through and still don't understand it.

Hi jellybabe

Firstly the CCA. This is an application form - it has your signature but not the prescribed terms. Therefore, it is not a copy of an executed agreement (s61 of CCA1974) therfore it can only be enforced by a court (s65) However, a court cannot enforce it because it deosn't have the prescribed terms (s127(3)). Unenforceable.

If reclaiming the charges more then settles the account, then go for it.

THe spreadsheet works out compound interest. Full stop. You can use it in several ways.

Probably the most useful to you is to put in all the charges and calculate compound interest using their (contractual) rate. If you account was almost always near the credit limit, then this is a reasonable estimate of the interest that they added to the charges. So you recalim that as well as the charges - they are effectively part of the charging regime. If you get to file in court, then you can add the 8% statutory interest on top of both.

You can also use it to calculate interest in restitution. However, you should only do this if you fully understand what that is all about.