can we have a new section in the forum for links to claims with contractual interest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title suggests, is it possible to have a new section added, along the same lines as the litigation in progress/concluded forum, for people to add links to their main thread if they are pursuing claims for contractual interest?

It would make it easier to track down similar claims and maybe help to get a standard procedure off the ground for the wording of letters and claims and progression through the claim process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I for one, would welcom a section that covers this. As a newbie - I am battling with my confidence as to what I can/can't add, how to add/word and when to without ballsing up my N1 chances.

It would help a lot.

Thank you - sorry for jumping in!

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

A section that covered just claims with contractual interest would be a great idea. Currently I'm looking at putting in a very very large claim (when contractual interest is added on), and having to search every forum time and time again to find new information and peoples views on the subject is both confusing and time consuming.

Having a central repository would be a great idea as it enables everyone to come together in a single place to argue the pros and cons, and have it for everyone to see :).

John

..Sorry not me - Anybody claimed contractual interest from a Co-operative Business ? I've searched for dealings with Co-op bsnss to no avail. I know i can't be the first.

I can't find out the interest rate. Closed account a year ago & am ready with prelim.

My S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) info doesn't mention the rate (i can just see debit interest fees) & thats all the info I now have. Anyone help?

Ta

C

A&L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request): 40 days up - overdue ! Now received

Co-operative Bank (business): £ 1,008 - settled in full after LBA

Lloydstb: £ 387 - settled in full after LBA

Thanx Bong - so now in 2007 its:

UNAUTH BORROWING INTEREST RATE 1.92% per month

25.59% per annum.

Don't wanna wreck the buzz on this thread so I'll return to my own thread !

Looks like a Contractual Interest section is needed.

A few quick question before I go - if anyone can help

1) This rate is now - before I'm sure it was lower - what to do..Basically don't have the figures - paperwork was binned ages ago

2) What about an (i assume lower) AUTHORISED INTEREST RATE- would that (& that only) apply to my claim

2) I had been thinking of making up an interest figure say 12% per year & state that it is guaranteed to be lower than the contractual rate - so cannot be disputed (??) & just get on with it.

3) & I guess I would add an additional 8% at money claim stage..?

prelim letter & spredsheet on standby

Many Thanx in advance for any help

C

A&L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request): 40 days up - overdue ! Now received

Co-operative Bank (business): £ 1,008 - settled in full after LBA

Lloydstb: £ 387 - settled in full after LBA

Hi again,

Sorry Charlie.I - no answer to your questions, but they are questions I would be asking for help with in a couple of weeks!

I believe that if there was to be a section on this topic, and to clarify peoples understanding of it - it would become quite clear for other users to see:-

A clear definition of what the interest terms mean,

A link to a Banking Template example

At what stage to include mentions of claiming interest on claims, and how to word it without shooting yourself in the foot,

A reference of statute to not only support its inclusion, but to quantify it

And finally (maybe) a way of people confirming how to confirm the relevant APRs in order to submit the interest claim.

Ooohh - sorry, got carried away there, but these points are on my mind as a member, and having read numerous postings, there are so many variations it does leave you a little uncertain.

Any moderators/site helpers it really would help me out for one!

Thank you, begging bowl put aside now!

:-)

Thats great - thank you!

hi Karnevil, I was thinking of putting some templates (ie prelims, LBAs and N1s) up for comments and Mod approval. would this be helpful, or not?

Thanks Karnevil,

I'm also a member of the Penalty Charges UK - Fighting your Corner for FREE forum and in my search for more information on this subject I realised that both forums are discussing this subject. Being a member of both forums has given me access to greater information. After a little searching on the penaltycharges forum I located a Contractual interest calculator, to use it you need to find your banks, unauthorised APR rate, (seems a number of PC members are using the current rate and succeeding). One member gives detailed advice on how to use the calculator.

Members are calculating this interest on their inital schedule of charges and sending with there Prem letter, if they then need to go to court they are then added the 8% interest on top.

The only point I'm still a bit confused about is whether like the PC members we use the current unauthorised bank rates or whether we need to locate and then use the relevant unauthorised rates over the 6 year period. Anybody have any insight on this?

Lloyds TSB: Settled after FO assistance

Co-operative Bank: Settled - Goodwill gesture:)

Thanks Karnevil,

I'm also a member of the Penalty Charges UK - Fighting your Corner for FREE forum and in my search for more information on this subject I realised that both forums are discussing this subject. Being a member of both forums has given me access to greater information. After a little searching on the penaltycharges forum I located a Contractual interest calculator, to use it you need to find your banks, unauthorised APR rate, (seems a number of PC members are using the current rate and succeeding). One member gives detailed advice on how to use the calculator.

The only point I'm still a bit confused about is whether like the PC members we use the current unauthorised bank rates or whether we need to locate and then used the relevant unauthorised rates over the 6 year period. Anybody have any insight on this.

Lloyds TSB: Settled after FO assistance

Co-operative Bank: Settled - Goodwill gesture:)

Members are calculating this interest on their inital schedule of charges and sending with there Prem letter, if they then need to go to court they are then added the 8% interest on top.

This isn't correct nads. unless by contractual interest you are referring to reclaiming the interest they have already charged you on the charges. contractual interest in the context we are speaking of here is the interest you add to the claim in place of county court interest.

The only point I'm still a bit confused about is whether like the PC members we use the current unauthorised bank rates or whether we need to locate and then use the relevant unauthorised rates over the 6 year period. Anybody have any insight on this?

there is much discussion about this. try this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html#post142054

this thread (not that one) was only set up to discuss how we can or might improve links to information rather than discussing the ins and outs of our claims

Bumpety

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

hi Karnevil, I was thinking of putting some templates (ie prelims, LBAs and N1s) up for comments and Mod approval. would this be helpful, or not?

May I second that, Karnevil. Bong is offering to put some of her excellent work up, and I think it would be well worth looking at, as a lot of the templates are not geared to contractual interest and any other recent trends.

Many people are now looking for newer templates, and we have nowhere to direct them to.

I agree folks. As a newbie who wants to make sure I get back all I am owed and that includes CCI, I was struggling to know how to word a prelim and LBA with CCI in it. I ended up just putting an extra paragraph in and hoping it would let them know I knew what I was talking about (didn't at the time, but do now)

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Great stuff !

Exactly what we need !

I was about to check out the LBA template . Has Bong managed to post an updated LBA with CI yet ?

Cheers

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

I agree, can we have a new section, please mods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library