Change from Tiscali

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me obtain my Migration reference number from Tiscali so that I can change to another ISP please? Apparently they're the only ISP that refuse to give out this detail. Has anyone any experience of this who could inform me further? Thanks.

[

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I called Tiscali on 19 April. The guy I spoke to was really pleasant and helpful, in fact, he was chatty enough that I thought he was nice. How wrong could I be.

I requested my MAC code and was told to hold while he requested it. I was then told it would be emailed to me. I was given a reference 1016968.

Today I still have not received an email so I thought I would chase them up with a phone call. Having been on hold again for at least 5 full minutes I spoke to Madelaine. She looked up my notes and told me that no MAC code had been requested.

There were notes on my file stating that I'd called but that we had been disconnected before any requests or queries had been made.

Poor Madelaine - I screamed LIAR down the phone at her. (He, the liar, not her.)

Anyway, Madelaine went on to request my MAC code and told me it would be with me within 24 hours, and asked which email address I would like it sending to. I wasn't asked that before. She gave me a reference 2****1. I informed her of the reference I'd been given before and was told there was no such reference as they all start with a 2.

I was told if I didn't receive it then to call after 5 working days and they'd be able to give it to me over the phone.

I'm fuming.:mad: :mad: :mad: I feel gullible, naive and stupid. It could be quite easy to lose all faith in society.

I know there's nothing I can do except inform all you guys out there that your reference must start with a 2!!!

Hope this post is of use to someone.

I'll let you know if I receive my MAC code.

[

I was thinking about changing to Tiscali..... will have a rethink now.

Choosing a Broadband supplier seems to be like choosing a bank, you don't have the luxury of deciding which is the best, just which is going to mess you about the least.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Guest Lueeze

Tiscali took an extra 3 months of DD charges out AFTER cancelling with them!

Make sure you cancel the DD asap!

Good LUck

Lou x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

[

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks