G24 Ltd Civil Traffic Enforcement Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am hoping that my parking fine is just like the others i have read here and unenforceable...

My fiancee parked on the Sports Direct car park in St.Helens on April 4th for just under 2 hours. The car park was also mainly for a store called "No Frills" but since they closed months ago the car park is no longer controled by barriers and the guy in the hut.

roughly 1 week later i recieved a letter from G24 LTD that shows my fiance's car entering and leaving the car park with the time and date on the pictures. they say ithat she over stayed the 1 hour free parking time and are demanding £95 from us.

The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible and the £95 Parking Charge must be paid within 28 days.

The photo's of the car do not show who the driver was (it was my fiance but the cars registered to me), i also have my own car and i was at work at the time this all occured. Am i right in thinking that because they are coming after me for the money and i can prove that i was in work at the time then there is no basis for them to come after me for money ?

should i ignor this letter? Has anyone else had dealings with G24 before?

This is quite worrying as we can't realy afford to pay this right now and are worried that they can enforce this riddiculous charge on us because there is in fact a sign up in the car park saying that 1 hour parking is free but after that a charge of £95 is to be applied.

Please help as we dont know what to do.

Thanks,

John.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I am hoping that my parking fine is just like the others i have read here and unenforceable...

My fiancee parked on the Sports Direct car park in St.Helens on April 4th for just under 2 hours. The car park was also mainly for a store called "No Frills" but since they closed months ago the car park is no longer controled by barriers and the guy in the hut.

roughly 1 week later i recieved a letter from G24 LTD that shows my fiance's car entering and leaving the car park with the time and date on the pictures. they say ithat she over stayed the 1 hour free parking time and are demanding £95 from us.

The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible and the £95 Parking Charge must be paid within 28 days.

The photo's of the car do not show who the driver was (it was my fiance but the cars registered to me), i also have my own car and i was at work at the time this all occured. Am i right in thinking that because they are coming after me for the money and i can prove that i was in work at the time then there is no basis for them to come after me for money ?

should i ignor this letter? Has anyone else had dealings with G24 before?

This is quite worrying as we can't realy afford to pay this right now and are worried that they can enforce this riddiculous charge on us because there is in fact a sign up in the car park saying that 1 hour parking is free but after that a charge of £95 is to be applied.

Please help as we dont know what to do.

Thanks,

John.

G24 is a ppc (private parking company). In short, it is a [problem]. It is not a fine or a penalty but an uneforceable invoice. They will be relying on the fact that you supposedly entered in to a contract with them by parking at the site and that you breached it. However, in reality that breach could not have cost them £95.

You will get around 5 - 6 letters. Usually a couple from the ppc, a couple or three from their debt collectors and maybe one from their solicitors. After that they will disapear. They will also threaten you with everything and anything they can think of from CCJ's to bailifs. It is all meaningless and just a feable attempt to scare you in to paying up.

Remember, they have no legal basis to demand the money from you and are very very unlikely to take you to court.

Keep the letters in a safe place but ignore them.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

"The letter says because i was the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention i am responsible"

pure rubbish from G24. unlawful and illegal in my view.

Ignore G24, they have shot themselves in the foot - as per usual..

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

New here so be gentle, lol. I have just lost my "G24 " cherry and recieved a delightful "parking charge notice" . Was parked in Wickes builders merchants in Chelmsford. Had the the misfortune to break down so had to wait for RAC. Even allowing for this I was only 8 mins over the 2 hours. The notice they have sent me includes a couple of appauling photos of my car entering and leaving the car park. On the second one the number plate ib completely blurred and unreadable!!!!

I'm answering my own question here but... Do I ignore anything I get from these cowboys???? Is it worth replying and explaining the break down??

Your advice would be much appreciated.

money.

that sounds a bit cynical lamma. Surely you meant to say B&Q use them because they are very concerned that their genuine customers can get parked at all times, and also want to help them to improve their car control for getting it between 2 white lines by implying failure to do so will cost them 80 quid!.

Then again, on second thoughts, I think you're right. :D

"oh no they are NOT" not on private land ,

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

The registered keeper is responsible

Whilst many of your previous posts have been laughable and quite entertaining, you have now overstepped the mark into totally lieing. Please refrain from postings misleading lies as I would find it most distressing if someone actually made the mistake of believing you and paying a toytown invoice. :(

Guest Dominic Creamer

I use the expression "responsible" purposely in the place of "liable"

But if the RK was not the driver, they are taken to court unless they provide the driver details

ah yes, that little subtle trick of word-transposition to confuse and mislead.

But if the RK was not the driver, they are taken to court unless they provide the driver details

..and when they confirm they were not driving the case collapses. :)

:)

this sounds like the usual rubbish about the way PPCs read the RTA. And the belief that a Norwich Pharmacal order is possible. As I recall these strange inexplicable and erroneous beliefs were imported to earth from Planet Perky. Along with a belief that CPR pre action protocols apply, which they don't. See 5.1 in PRACTICE DIRECTION – PROTOCOLS - Ministry of Justice On the other hand the 'clean hands' maxim of equitable relief does apply to the PPC. The lack of clean hands will deny a party equitable remedy if the "dirt" has a necessary and essential relation to the remedy sought. The nature of the PPC [problem] and the unlawful and often illegal paperwork they supply means that showing 'unclean hands' shouldn't be too difficult especially when you apply Results within legislation - Statute Law Database. Of course if a PPC does have sufficient proprietary (or agency) rights, the signs are clear and lawful and capable and the fees charged are not penalties and it does not breach the above consumer regulations wholesale and its paperwork is clearly lawful and legal then the PPC may win. The only problems the PCs have with doing this is landowners are not daft enough to grants those rights and even in cases where they do by following the rest of the conditions the PPCs 'business model' disappears in a puff of smoke.

Moderators, please get rid of this clown.

I know that you have to respect 'free speech' etc, but it has been established that DC, (and others like him/her) is just out to make trouble and distract people. (and to desperately try and get more money in because their [problem] is begining to unravel).

If just 1 person takes notice of this twit, then we have all failed in our task of giving the best possible advice to all those who need it.

People come on here because they have doubt in their mind, they dont need idiots like this clouding the situation further.

You know that the so called 'advice' you give is absolute tosh, so a

question, DC;

If you left the ppc you work for, would you come on here and give advice from the other side of the fence?

Or do you not have any morals at all?

jed

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new at this. I get a letter from G24 about 5 weeks ago and, after reading your columns I ignored the letter, however last week I received a Final Demand and sent off a letter to them basically asking them to prove I had read the notices, I was the driver and to explain how they can charge £95 for half an hours parking, thinking I would hear no more I was surprised to receive a letter today saying that they do not have to prove anything and threatening bailiffs if I don't pay. I am quite scared of their tactics and would hate to have to go to court over non payment. I hope you can help me..... Thank you

I was surprised to receive a letter today saying that they do not have to prove anything and threatening bailiffs if I don't pay.

Why are you surprised? You're dealing with **** - you're going to get a letter like this back.

Hollow threats though. Show us the letter and we can all have a giggle at it.

He's already gone.

But he'll be back again. We see him every week or so.

The c*** has nothing better to do than spend his life setting up new accounts.

We are ever watchful!

The eye of the Moderator sees all! (And understands most of it! :D )

His incarnations don't survive for long. :lol:

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Why are you surprised? You're dealing with **** - you're going to get a letter like this back.

Hollow threats though. Show us the letter and we can all have a giggle at it.

I have scanned reply from G24 a little help on how to get it on the forum board so you can all have a laugh!!

img001.jpgimg001.jpg

Put the images into PhotoBucket and post a link to the images.

You can't link directly to your own PC.

The only other way would be to upload the images on to the CAG server as an attachment, then users would only have to click on the attachment link to display them.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I'm new at this. I get a letter from G24 about 5 weeks ago and, after reading your columns I ignored the letter, however last week I received a Final Demand and sent off a letter to them basically asking them to prove I had read the notices, I was the driver and to explain how they can charge £95 for half an hours parking, thinking I would hear no more I was surprised to receive a letter today saying that they do not have to prove anything and threatening bailiffs if I don't pay. I am quite scared of their tactics and would hate to have to go to court over non payment. I hope you can help me..... Thank you

Too late now, but you shouldnt have replied to them at all. By sending them a letter, it flags up to them that you seem to be getting rattled which only prompts them to send even more junk.

The content of your letter will be completely ignored, but you may now have to persevere through an extra 2 or 3 threatograms before they will go away.

Please post back on here for advise if/when you receive more letters, but do it BEFORE even thinking of writing to them!

• 2 months later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks