• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
    • As they have failed to deliver their original PCN you will need to send them an SAR where they should provide that PCN. It should show the address they used . If it is not your current one that would explain the non delivery. If it was correct then perhaps the Post office messed up. A more cynical view would be that UKPC didn't send it so that you couldn't claim the reduction. It appears that UKPC have been there for some time  but I have been unable to find any pictures of their Notices.The leisure park itself is pretty big so while some parts maybe give 5 hours free parking other parts may have restrictions like permits. I haven't been there for years -I went  to Nandos and the bowling centre . I am surprised that they are now infested with UKPC as the place is plenty big enough not to require their dubious services. If you live not to far away it would help if you could get some legible pictures of their signs. Be carful to park in an area that doesn't require a permit and take photos of the entrance signs, the five hour sign and the permit only sign as well as any other signs that are different from the previous signs. Also if their is a payment machine could you please photograph that.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Are you a crafts person.Make and create something tell me what it is like what you do.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After realising there are many craftspeople about.I thought it would be nice to open a thread for many that work this way.

Whether full time or part time if there is such a thing.

I realise many put many hours in perhaps for little return,but are happy to create.

If you do such a thing whether for profit or fun tell us what you do and maybe send a photo or two that shows your craft.

I do not know what many do but would like to know.

You could make cakes,you could bake,you could embroider,knit,carve.I have not a clue what you may do but would like to know.

Are you a craftperson.Working away somewhere in your home,outside perhaps.Where do you do this craft.And tell us how you are doing.

What it makes you feel like.Does it stress you some times,does it fail some times,have you succeeded someway,made a few pounds perhaps.

Have you because of the economy or other related things had to create there has been no other way to survive.To make a few pounds.

Well let us see how many are about.If nobody another thought out of a cluttered mind.Made some space.

Have some fun myself,but just starting so will wait and see what others create out of anything.And how you do it and made that first step maybe years ago.Maybe months ago,days ago,hours ago.

Come on in and tell me.

Wherever you are in the world come here tell us your story.Otherwise i will be failing and wondering where it all went wrong.

And will not sleep for days.:-(

I am hoping to hear some Tales Of The Unexpected.

If you are outside looking in just register here.We are a friendly lot.Only take a minute or so i do not want to tear you away from your creations.

Link here.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

Hoping to hear from someone.

Tawnyowl.

I love to do many handicrafts, in the past few weeks I have made jams and jellies....plum jam, spiced damson jelly, hedgerow jelly and blackberry and apple jam.

I crochet and knit and have 3 projects on the go at the moment a blanket/throw for a friend when he moves into his new home in the spring, a set of mats to protect a glass table for another friend and one I am most busy with is making hats and bonding blankets for premature babies, I belong to a group on FB that co ordinates this and makes baby gowns for angel babies from donated wedding gowns, plus they fund raise for special cribs so parents who have had a still birth can keep the baby with them for as long as they wish whilst in hospital.

What a wonderful start to this thread.

You are so busy. Jams.Do you store them to have a feast in the winter time.Getting visions of toast being toasted on a fork a open fire,lashings of butter and jam on homemade bread.

Or maybe i feel sometimes have a sale somewhere,maybe a church hall,a field sale, or sell some not all to raise funds for the group you are in.

You help make hats and bonding blankets for premature babies what a craft to have.And helps so many.

Angel Babies ,how moving,what a special person you are.And your group are.I had never heard of this before.

Must be so moving creating the gowns.

I admire you and your group greatly.

Update 17 55pm. This is the group that Sparks belongs to.

https://www.facebook.com/Foreverdressedinlove?fref=ts

if you know anyone who has a dress or even prom or bridesmaid dresses you can find the info in there.

Best wishes

Tawnyowl.

I also crochet stuff, mainly animals, family and friends have got to the point where they try to guess what they'll get this time!

I make baby items for my local maternity hospital which are sold to raise funds for SCBU.

Would love to have done this as a job, unfortunately my hands no longer always co-operate, though I find crochet easier on them than knitting.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

I used to knit, mainly the lovely fair isle jumpers but found it hard to find the patterns, the more pattern and colours the better. Not done one for a long time, have also done redicut rugs.

I have not written any poetry for a long time either, slacking!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Quilt making - knitting/crochet - jewellery making - card making - scrapbooking

I have sold items, but they are mainly labours of love as you never really get back your £ investment.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would love to be able to write poetry.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not so much crafts as such but I'm a model engineer I suppose. My special interest is in Radio Controlled models and for many moons have built and raced / flown models of all sorts.

At the moment I'm enjoying the challenge of building and flying 'drones' or more accurately - multi-copters. Since the mid-eighties I've built RC Cars, Planes, Helicopters, Boats and a few creepy halloween 'toys' from childrens dolls.

The halloween ones are usually the most fun when they unexpectedly start moving, waving their arms and legs and the favourite bit is when the head starts spinning rapidly. All using bits out of an RC plane/helicopter that gives me perhaps six or seven independent sets of motion/interaction. More seriously I used o have a little side-line building and repairing models for others as well as buying damaged ones and re-furbishing them. However, I don't really get the time these days.

My current personal projects are: A racing quadcopter that transmits live pictures from its point of view to my portable screen (nearly finished, just needs final assembly and then hooking up to a pc for tuning). A 56" wingspan scale WWII P51 Mustang that's been built to be as close to scale as possible which is electrically powered. (the build is finished but the power system needs tuning and installing) and a 68" wingspan Extra 330 Aerobatic plane with a 20cc petrol engine (ready to test fly once I have the time to dedicate a day or so to doing just that).

It's fun at the moment because of the amount of public interest over the 'drone' aspect of the hobby where a lot of sensationalising has been done with regards to their capabilities and the use of aerial cameras vs privacy. As such I'm happy to provide answers to anyone if they have any concerns.

Before anyone gets too worried, I'm insured up to £10m for public liability and hold competent operator certificates from the BMFA (British Model Flying Assoc.)

EDIT:

there's a daft little video here

if you're concerned over what can be seen by a drone in flight.
  • Confused 1

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

I'm into jam making and foraging food for free.

I also have a collector's dolls house that I make things for in miniature, very painstaking but great when something turns out well. The raw ingredients aren't expensive, it just takes imagination.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I like to make and decorate cakes for friends and family - also like sewing (mostly soft furnishings) and card making (usually at Christmas)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

What a wonderful start to this thread.

You are so busy. Jams.Do you store them to have a feast in the winter time.Getting visions of toast being toasted on a fork a open fire,lashings of butter and jam on homemade bread.

Or maybe i feel sometimes have a sale somewhere,maybe a church hall,a field sale, or sell some not all to raise funds for the group you are in.

You help make hats and bonding blankets for premature babies what a craft to have.And helps so many.

Angel Babies ,how moving,what a special person you are.And your group are.I had never heard of this before.

Must be so moving creating the gowns.

I admire you and your group greatly.

Best wishes

Tawnyowl.

I make the Jams for winter treats...nothing nicer that hot toast with homemade jams, the Jellies I will use in desserts and sauces

https://www.facebook.com/Foreverdressedinlove?fref=ts

This is the group I belong to, if you know anyone who wishes to donate a wedding dress or even prom or bridesmaid dresses you can find the info here

What a beautiful way to repurpose wedding frocks, Sparks.

BCOBS

Alisha Marie

Softly as the evening falls

I thought I heard your gentle call

But where you are there is no pain

How will I ever feel the same again?

It's so hard knowing you are no longer here

I have cried so many tears

Taken far to soon, to young to die

All we do is to sit and cry

Our hearts were broken on that sad day

Gone ahead to where the Angels play

To know we will never see you grow, hurts so much

Your smile, your skin, so soft to touch

Out of sight, but not out of mind

Ties of love, do us all bind

Oh, sweet baby, peace be thine

Loved and remembered for all time.

Sandy

Copy write owned by me.

I wrote this for my granddaughter when she gained her wings

I do not mind anyone using it but please do not pass it off as your own work, I have got loads of poems

Sorry for probably putting it in wrong place

xx

• Confused 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

This is the Golden Tapestry I have made using metallic thread.

I make quilts for charity and for family, the work that goes into them can never be recompensed. It is a amazing people will go to certain stores and spend big money for something that is not f as high quality as we make, yet we ask the same price or slightly less people will not pay. I do machine embroidery so I charge £10.00 for a two thousand stitches. I have to cover, my thread, stabiliser and workmanship. If I ruin a garment , I am the person who has to pay for the replacement. I only embroider for people I know and trust.

I make bespoke cushions from scratch, I love applying the 3D embroidery to these, I also make lace using the embroidery machine

lovely items, gettingolder :)

What charity do you do them for? I help to fund raise for The Lullaby Trust ( formally. F.S.I.D, cot death charity )

That tapestry is stunning, gettingolder. Your eyesight must be amazing.

BCOBS

I belong to a group in OZ Comfort Quilts against Cancer. it is based n Western Australia the quilts we make are sent to ladies who have breast cancer. Lately we have been making quilts for gentlemen also. We include a hand knitted hate with each quilt. Every month I send off a bundle of blocks and the ladies in WA assemble the quilts, saves on postage for me. Fabric weighs a lot.

I have made countless bags and given them away over the years, every bride in our family gets a special purse for her day. I used to make the wedding dresses, but living over here makes it a bit awkward apart from my daughter in law, who came over for her fittings and then I took the dress to OZ for the final fitting and wedding.

I am in my 70's and think my eyesight has improved over the years, maybe I don't see the imperfections I used to see hahahahahaha .

I know about metallic threads having spread them all over the house myself! I was looking for a new project as I've just finished 'Starry Starry Night' based on the Van Gogh painting, but I couldn't do a design myself.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

If you plot it out as a graph, it does come together. I also use my computer to do the digitising of embroidery designs.. Those who do machine embroidery know what I am talking about.

Of course, you could cheat and do something as an applique.