Parking Eye - Parking Charge Notice - Morrisons supermarket Peckham (London)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I need some advice to deal with the above parking eye (PE) PCN letter. I was sent a letter with a picture of my car that I exceeded the time allowed by 32mins. I replied explaining there were long queues and a member to staff who was dealing with an item I was waiting to purchase was called to do something else and had to wait a long while for her to come back. I sent them copies of the receipts for the purchases I made whilst I was at the store. They came back saying my appeal was unsucessful. I did not meet the criteria stipulated by the landlord of the site. Without stating what the criteria was.

I replied asking them to provide me with the criteria stipulated by the landlord of the site for a successful appeal. I have just received a reply from PE repeating the same thing "... did not meet the criteria as stipulated by the landlord of the site for a successful appeal" They will not enter into any further correspondence with my specific appeal and action will be taken against me if the charge remains unpaid.

However they have not provided me with the landlord's criteria for a successful appeal in any of their letters. They appear to have ignored that. Without knowing with the criteria is how can I make a successful appeal!

Please advice what to do next!

Thanks

Ignore all letters that you get....NEVER contact them again.

Its not a fine, just a speculative invoice.

Private parking company's have no authority to issue fines.

You will get scary letters with red ink and CAPITAL letters, just treat as toilet paper.

You can never make a successful appeal with a private parking company.

IGNORE THEM AND ALL DCA LETTERS THAT YOU GET.

ignore

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks, I will ignore. I thought as much, you cannot make a successful appeal hence the reason they have not provided me with the criteria for a successful appeal. All they are after is money. A friend was saying they clamp cars. I think I will avoid parking in their car park any time soon whilst they chase payment so they won't clamp my car. Is it legal for them to clamp cars?

no-one can clamp your car for a previously unpaid private parking speculative invoice - end off

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very interesting that they refer to landlord's criteria.

I've never heard of this one before.

We'd be very interested to see a copy of the letter.

Any chance that you would scan a copy to us at our admin email address please. Put parkingeye in the subject line

Thanks

I've had a few from Parking Eye at a Morrisons, here in Staffordshire.

In my case, I used the advice from this forum, and ignored 'em.

They sent two letters on each occasion, then went away - I went to Aldi!

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

After appealing to Parking Eye about a similar problem in a Watford Carpark, I received the same letter: "The evidence you provided did not meet the criteria required as stipulated by the landlord of the site, for a successful appeal." I have tried appealling to the shop I was using but this also failed and I have today received the "FINAL NOTICE" demanding £90.00, or £120.00 if I don't pay within the week. This letter also mentions, further action, instructing our solicitors to secure immediate payment or the issuing of court proceedings. I have read several posts to ignore these demands but I am worried that as I wrote a letter of appeal, admitting the "offence", have I landed myself in it or should I still ignore anything else that comes my way. I'd be grateful for some input here!

Very interesting that they refer to landlord's criteria.

I've never heard of this one before.

We'd be very interested to see a copy of the letter.

Any chance that you would scan a copy to us at our admin email address please. Put parkingeye in the subject line

Thanks

Ignore, no 'offence' has been committed.

Their letter has done what it was intended to do, scare you into paying.

Hi I'm allanmufc from allanmufc debt management, you parked in Watford Carpark and need to pay me £500, please pay me £500 in 7 days or the fee will be £7000 and we may instruct our solicitors to secure immediate payment or take Court action, please feel free to contact us to appeal.....would you pay me?? NO, you would tell me to got forth and multiply!

Thank you for the advice and for making me laugh.

I am going to ignore the letter this time and steal myself against any further, threatening sounding letters. Have they ever been known to send debt collectors in person?

Ignore, no 'offence' has been committed.

Their letter has done what it was intended to do, scare you into paying.

Hi I'm allanmufc from allanmufc debt management, you parked in Watford Carpark and need to pay me £500, please pay me £500 in 7 days or the fee will be £7000 and we may instruct our solicitors to secure immediate payment or take Court action, please feel free to contact us to appeal.....would you pay me?? NO, you would tell me to got forth and multiply!

I cant post links yet, but go to Consumeractiongroup.co.uk

then to the transport forum

then to the section about private parking tickets

and you should find the stickie highlighted in yellow at the top about what to do if you have already written to the dark parking overlords

I don't know if the do or do not send their door step heavies around, but if they did tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, in the most polite/un-polite manner you want, the door step collectors or DCA have no more power to ask for money than me or your neighbour, they are not bailiffs, in order to send bailiffs they would have to take you to court first, win, then you not pay the court order, then go back to court to ask for the bailiffs to get involved.

You will get scary looking begging letter, some with CAPITAL letters and some in the scary RED ink, with key words like MAY, MIGHT, but never WILL.

I cant post links yet, but go to Consumeractiongroup.co.uk

then to the transport forum

then to the section about private land parking enforcment

and you should find the stickies highlighted in yellow at the top about what to do if you have already written to the dark parking overlords

I don't know if the do or do not send their door step heavies around, but if they did tell them to Foxtrot Oscar, in the most polite/un-polite manner you want, the door step collectors or DCA have no more power to ask for money than me or your neighbour, they are not bailiffs, in order to send bailiffs they would have to take you to court first, win, then you not pay the court order, then go back to court to ask for the bailiffs to get involved.

You will get scary looking begging letter, some with CAPITAL letters and some in the scary RED ink, with key words like MAY, MIGHT, but never WILL.

• 1 month later...

My FINAL NOTICE requesting the sum of £120 if I didn't pay by 24 May is the last I heard from Parking Eye. I don't want to speak too soon but I am really glad that I logged on here for you help and advice. If they have dropped their pursuit of me, then I am all the better off for it...now, how do I donate to CAG? Thanks to all concerned!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

bottom right of every thread ...scroll down

bottom of every email alert you get too

dx

and they