ziinga.com - Help Needed

andrewman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

contact the fraud team of your bank ASAP

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello

Stupidly i signed up and bid on something about 30 minutes ago.

It come to £5 including delivery but i thought something was a bit weird so after i entered my card details ( which declined as its an old acc and theres never funds in there so nothing has been taken so far ) i looked at reviews.

now seeing on here and many other places that this place is a [problem] im worried now, if my card declined does this mean they still have my card details or not?

im hoping not :(

• 2 weeks later...

As the Money Laundering Reporting Officer of a financial services company and the person responsible for Data Protection, its my job to be suspicious!

Having just received a Ziinga email, which set every alarm bell ringing, I had a read of their T&Cs.

Whilst the cost of obtaining an item that you have won has been been discussed to death and I think we all agree that the site is designed to [problem] £59.99pm off people, I am more concerned with the potential for identity theft.

Under UK data protection laws, a company is not allowed to ask for and hold any information that is not required for it to carry out its declared function. As a (silly) example, a hotel is not allowed to ask for your shoe size when you check in, but can ask you what you eat for breakfast (in order to provide that service).

The Ziinga T&Cs clearly state that in order to receive the item that you have successfully bid on, you must provide not only your card details but also:

• Scanned copy of Credit Card (front and back)
  • Scanned copy of valid ID (passport or driver's license)
  • Scanned copy of signed credit card form.

So, they would have your name, address, email address, card details, CVV no, passport/DVLA details and your signature - more than enough to steal your identity, raid your accounts and create havoc with your life.

As there is absolutely no commercial reason for Ziinga to NEED to see your passport, driving licence, credit card (front & back) or signature, there can only be one reason why they are asking for them. And this is a company that we have already established is [problem]ming money off unsuspecting 'customers'!

Please please please everyone think VERY carefully before giving out personal data, especially the standard ID documents and ask yourself why the company require them.

Criminal gangs trade stolen identity details over the internet and what you will have provided Ziinga with, is a dream set of data which would attract a high price.

And before someone suggests Trading Standards, they have confirmed elsewhere that the company is based in the British Virgin Islands/Malta so they cannot touch them.

Hi I need help !!

I fall into their trick! Should have seen this forum before providing them my bank account details. I happened to register with them a week ago .. and saw this forum .. and I found the whole thing suspicious and so I live chat with them to cancel my acc before too late .. they say they r going to charge me 35 pounds for cancellation (so that i don't pay 59.99 per month).. and told me i have no choice because I agree to their terms while registering with them .. What do I do? Can I still report this as fraudulent transaction? But I agreed to their terms and it seems like I willingly accept this .. Does closing my bank accounts help? I'm an international student and not very sure about how the customer protection scheme works here.

As the Money Laundering Reporting Officer of a financial services company and the person responsible for Data Protection, its my job to be suspicious!

Having just received a Ziinga email, which set every alarm bell ringing, I had a read of their T&Cs.

Whilst the cost of obtaining an item that you have won has been been discussed to death and I think we all agree that the site is designed to [problem] £59.99pm off people, I am more concerned with the potential for identity theft.

Under UK data protection laws, a company is not allowed to ask for and hold any information that is not required for it to carry out its declared function. As a (silly) example, a hotel is not allowed to ask for your shoe size when you check in, but can ask you what you eat for breakfast (in order to provide that service).

The Ziinga T&Cs clearly state that in order to receive the item that you have successfully bid on, you must provide not only your card details but also:

So, they would have your name, address, email address, card details, CVV no, passport/DVLA details and your signature - more than enough to steal your identity, raid your accounts and create havoc with your life.

As there is absolutely no commercial reason for Ziinga to NEED to see your passport, driving licence, credit card (front & back) or signature, there can only be one reason why they are asking for them. And this is a company that we have already established is [problem]ming money off unsuspecting 'customers'!

Please please please everyone think VERY carefully before giving out personal data, especially the standard ID documents and ask yourself why the company require them.

Criminal gangs trade stolen identity details over the internet and what you will have provided Ziinga with, is a dream set of data which would attract a high price.

And before someone suggests Trading Standards, they have confirmed elsewhere that the company is based in the British Virgin Islands/Malta so they cannot touch them.

Hi!

I saw your post and it is very informative. I'd like to seek some suggestions from you. I realize just in time before they take out 59.99 from my account. I went to the bank and cancel my debit card (which is in use for Ziinga) and get a new one. But after talking to them, I'm supposed to pay them cancellation fee of 35 pounds. I don't think I should even pay them because their terms and conditions are deceptive in may ways. But of course, it is partly my fault to have registered without reading their terms & conditions carefully.

I'd like to know if I refuse to pay 35 pounds in this case, what will happen next? I'm a non EU international student and this is my first time encountering such ****. Will there be any legal consequences?

Any advice is really appreciated! I have just finished writing a complaint form although I don't know where I should send it to.

Nothing will happen. Don't worry about it. That "fee" is illegal.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I looked at website ziinga did some free bidding landed up with them taking $118.00 off my credit card for nothing. Now having to block my credit card with bank.

Warning -just don't go on the ziinga website at all stay away

I too have just experienced similar with Ziinga.

I won a free $90 in bids then when that ran out (in a few minutes) I paid for a small amount of extra bids.

When I realised that it was just another [problem] to keep you bidding and adding funds to your account I stopped using it.

A week later they debited my account for random amounts from $1.10 to $5.10 as well.

When i found thisese withdrawals both unauthorised by them I asked for my account to be closed.

They advised that the first "win" automatically placed me as a prmium accont and that to close my account I would have to pay $53 !!!!

Not only must I report this to the federal fraud squad i must now either try to stop further charges or close my bank account

These people Are con artists, they skirt the law carefully and are completely bogus. Be warned

They also advised they signed me up automatically for the premium account o

I too have just experienced similar with Ziinga.

I won a free $90 in bids then when that ran out (in a few minutes) I paid for a small amount of extra bids.

When I realised that it was just another [problem] to keep you bidding and adding funds to your account I stopped using it.

A week later they debited my account for random amounts from $1.10 to $5.10 as well.

When i found thisese withdrawals both unauthorised by them I asked for my account to be closed.

They advised that the first "win" automatically placed me as a prmium accont and that to close my account I would have to pay $53 !!!!

Not only must I report this to the federal fraud squad i must now either try to stop further charges or close my bank account

These people Are con artists, they skirt the law carefully and are completely bogus. Be warned

They also advised they signed me up automatically for the premium account o

Yes this is what the did to me they told me I applied for the premium package which I never did and they took 118.99 and another 68.00 off my credit card which I now have had to cancel. They also threatened me that if I don't pay a cancellation fee the would just let my fake account they made up keep on building up. Next I have a cancellation email. They don't know what they are doing but I kept it to cover my ass just invade this goes to court. They are very dangerous

Cancel your cards, get chargebacks issued, and ignore anything and everything they send. They will NEVER take you to court as their sc@m would be shown to a judge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 3 weeks later...
...you must provide not only your card details but also:

I've just had a very similar 'demand' from an online bingo site. I've played a little and made frequent deposits to remain a 'depositing player' as that allows me to enter several free games a day, and I've managed to win a couple of times.

Until now they've let me withdraw small amounts under £70, on condition that each withdrawal can only be made against a corresponding deposit - in other words, if I have made 9 deposits I could only make 9 withdrawals.

Now they have suspended my account, reversed a withdrawal request for £85, and demanded copies of my personal info - pretty much along the lines of the list given here, plus they want copies of utility bills, and the paper part of my drivers license.

I've refused. Instead I sent amended scans, with heavy fuzzing of any information I don't think they should have, like my driver number, debit card start date and I also clouded the card number, even though they already had this on file through making deposits/withdrawals, but I wasn't about to let them have a clear copy as I object to giving my information out like this. It could also invalidate my bank account.

I'm sure that the Data Protection Act is there to protect my data, and I've said so...

I may have lost my winnings, but I'd rather that than lose my identity!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Hi I need help !!

I fall into their trick! Should have seen this forum before providing them my bank account details. I happened to register with them a week ago .. and saw this forum .. and I found the whole thing suspicious and so I live chat with them to cancel my acc before too late .. they say they r going to charge me 35 pounds for cancellation (so that i don't pay 59.99 per month).. and told me i have no choice because I agree to their terms while registering with them .. What do I do? Can I still report this as fraudulent transaction? But I agreed to their terms and it seems like I willingly accept this .. Does closing my bank accounts help? I'm an international student and not very sure about how the customer protection scheme works here.

The question is did you supply copies of your card as they requested - they asked me to do that and I refused and cancelled my order the same day. They sent a confirmation email saying they agreed with my cancellation but for a period three months hence. I replied that since I had not completed the contract by failing to provide details that they had requested that the contract under UK Contract Law was not enforceable. They took £59.99 out of my bank three times and each time I contacted the bank and told them that they did not have my authority to take funds and the bank (so far) has refunded them, the last transaction attempt was three months ago.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i to have been hit by ziinga i contacted the bank they cancelled every thing but as they have all my details i cant claim anything back, the bank says there is nothing they can do and that i need to get in contact with them, but at finding it really hard too. help

These transactions are fraudulent it is against contract law to impose conditions after a supposed contract has been entered in to. You had obviously bid on an item and then you were asked to provide copies of your credit card to ensure that only one free gift was sent to anybodies home address, this is where i jumped ship, I refused to give them a copy of my card and advised them that I was not expecting a free gift, said that if I provided them with the details requested it would put them in a position where they could steal my identity so cancelled my order immediately. They acknowledged the cancellation but dated it three months in the future and then took 2 x £59.99 from my bank, I contacted my bank and told them that this money was taken without my authority, explained the circumstances and they refunded the monies immediately. One month later another £59.99 came out of my account and once again the bank refunded it. I have heard nothing from Ziinga during this time and would not enter into correspondence with them anyway. I have warned them that I would contact the police if they tried to take money from my account again and that the people involved would possibly face a jail term for fraud.

I can only suggest that you contact your bank again and tell them that these transactions were without your authority and that you consider them to be fraudulent transactions, the bank is OBLIGED to refund your money do NOT take no for an answer.

Good Luck

Demand a chargeback from your bank. Stop talking to the muppets that man your banks phone lines and do EVERYTHING in writing, so you have a clear paper trail should you decide on legal action. If they try to phone you, tell them you want it in writing, and dont continue the call.

• 3 months later...

ZIINGA IS A TOTAL CON - PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

Ziinga is a total con. I have been kicking myself for falling into this. I got an email saying that I had "won" a mobile telephone and like an idiot I applied for it, paying a £2.00 delivery fee. It was only after I had done this I noticed the small print stating that by accepting the "won" item I will be charged £69.00 a month subscription for 3 months. I immediately cancelled the order but was told I would need to wait until after 3 months before they would cancel the subscription. After several emails they said I could cancel if I pay a £35.00 cancellation fee. I did not pay these criminals a single penny. I quoted them Distant Selling Regulations and then changed my bank account to stop them getting any furhter money from me. This was obviously a right hassle but I was furious with them (and myself). I have not heard from them since.

Lessons I have learned - read the small print and never use a debit card for internet purchases. I'm sure all you computer savvy people out there are shaking your heads at my stupidity but for others PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ZIINGA OR ANY OTHER PENNY AUCTION SITES. THEY ARE A COMPLETE CON!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I stupidly signed up to Ziinga after receiving an email saying I had won a gift, I used a pre paid card to pay the shopping fee, knowing there was only a small amount of money left on it. Several weeks ago i received an email from Ziinga saying I now owed them 2 months in overdue fees and that should I fail to pay the will pass this on to a debt collector! Am I right in thinking after reading this thread that I am not to pay this and to ignore any future emails I get off them?

yep!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...