• Tweets

• Correct but wont stop them chasing you though even if no payment for  6 years (statute Barred) Some DCA s buy debts (the debt is assigned to them) and some do issue court claims ...just so you are aware.   Andy
    • Thats because this claim has not been allocated as yet hence the above hearing *Case Management " to determine the directions (N157 Notice of allocation) which will follow after this hearing. You are not requested to submit a statement but have all the details with you (claim form defence CPR CCA etc etc)   Andy
    • Our price is the same all day, but varies day to day. Yes there's a risk of high prices but it has never gone above SVR any time since I signed up. Last 30 days average 17.67p/kWh, max 20.67 and lowest was 11.83.  It saved just under £300 during 2023.  
    • It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Barclaycard & Microfiche - they are wrong - OFFICIAL

JLW61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi wondering if anyone can help. I sent the SAR to BCard on 28th April as standard with the £10 cheque. Today I have recieved a letter stating that "they are unable to trace any information relating to an account in my name with the details i have supplied. If the account has been closed it is possible that the information has been deleted from our systems and therefore will not be available. If you have any more information that you can supply, ie change of address change of name etc please send for the attention of the above."

Well I dont have any account numbers, i shreaded everything, I have not moved or changed my name. But it was passed on to a default company and cant recall who they were? I know the account dates were 97 - 03 as it is on my credit report.

What should I do next?

Thanks for reading.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I have found some very useful information in this thread. I would like to share my experiences with Barclaycard with you as I think you may find them interesting.

I have already written to Barclaycard (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) and received the standard letter with their pathetic "microfiche" excuse offering to sell me copies of my statements for £3 each (what a cheek!).

I had also written to them asking them not to phone my house as I have difficulty hearing them and to please carry out all communication by letter. I told them that I am deaf and going blind because of a condition called Usher Syndrome.

As you will see from my latest experience, the fact that I am handicapped really tugged at their heartstrings.

I received a letter from Barclaycard to inform me that since Barclaycard are part of Barclays bank and that Barclays bank have taken over the Woolwich, they had excercised their rights and removed £440 from my Woolwich account. There goes my mortgage money for next month.

Naturally I grabbed my white cane and stumbled down to the Woolwich/Barclays branch on Main Street. The staff there are lovely and did their best to help me by starting an official complaint.

Having read as much of this thread as I could (my eyes get tired very easily) I wondered what my chances are of gaining compensdation for the (very real) stress etc they have put me through? Bear in mind the RBS case for compensation for damages and the fact that they have removed money from my account without proper consultation for repayment of unlawful charges.

Their letter pointed out that as a balance still remains (mostly their unlawful charges which I am attempting to reclaim) they will be removing more at a later date.

To sum up, if I wanted to claim damages, do the forum members think I would stand a chance? Also, should I go through my solicitors as I imagine the damages would take this outside the remit of the Small Claims Court?

Many thanks in anticipation of any replies I might receive.

Brandedcentaur-

Forget about complaining to Barclays, they will just send you round in circles.

You should now start a Small Claim to enforce your right to your info and damages.

(It cost them £250 in an out of court settlement when they tried this on with me!)

Also make an official complaint to the ICO.

The ICO regard microfiche as a relevant filing system and will be very interested to hear that Barclays still claim that its not...

I will find the links for the template letters you need and come back later. :)

RIGHT!

As they have taken money out of your Woolwich account you should empty it and close it as soon as possible.

Here is the link for starting a small claim against them to enforce your SAR:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Here is the link to the ICO website Information Commissioner's Office - ICO

and the link to their complaints form:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/forms/data_protection_complaints_form.pdf

I suggest you email them as well [email protected]

It would be better if you started your own thread as well, it makes keeping in touch with us easier and you will get more advice. :)

As for damages- take a look at my sig:

I filed small claims against both Barclaycard and Woolwich as they tried to mess me around with the microfiche rubbish and ignoring my SAR.

It cost Barclaycard £242.56 to persuade me to withdraw my claim and Woolwich have so far offered me £248 to do the same. In Woolwich's case they havent paid up, so the claim is still active. They are in court with me on 10 October to explain themseklves to a judge if they dont cough up.

• Haha 1

Wow Noom, thank you so much for all that information!

I will empty the account as soon as I can get down there but there's not much left in it. My main concern is stopping my pension from going into it (I am retired early because of my disability). I will also need to set up arrangements to have my mortgage paid out of another account.

I was reading earlier posts about damages. I am unsure if the posters were joking about the hundreds of thousands of pounds claimed (I would certainly not imagine I would be able to claim that much but I really am stressed out by the loss of what is, effectively, my life savings).

Thank you once again for the very helpfui post.

Brand centaur-

Yes- get your pension paid into another account as soon as possible, and we can start to help you get your data, and ALL your unlawful charges back-PLUS the interest they have charged you on them PLUS your court fee (PLUS another 8% County Court interest on top!)

As well as some damages for failing to supply your data.

The damages you recieve will only amount to your financial loss caused by their behaviour.

(Time spent chasing them @ a small hourly rate and all the letters and postage)

I appreciate your advice but what about mental stress and the fact that they had been advised that I am disabled? They continued to ring my house even after I told them to desist and to use letters for all future communication (which I believe to be my legal right).

I had to negotiate my way down the busiest street in my town to get to that branch office. You would be surprised how many people fall over a white cane when a nearly blind person is using it as a warning to others that he cannot see them. I am quite sure a good lawyer would have a field day with this.

• 3 months later...

This is a great thread. But I can't seem to glean exactly how much of this microfiche stuff these muthas have.

Questions:

Can I go back 13 years with my SAR? I know the answer, in principle, is yes, but how can I force B/card?

I have had multiple Barclaycards. I don't have the acc. no. for the earlier one when I was 18. What can I do if they deny knowledge.

I now owe both B/card and BB money after exploiting their exploitation of my labour when I laboured under their cruel yoke......(I worked for BB for almost a year) Any charges reclaimed from when I paid up in the past will be set against current debts. Can I wait for 3 years; until debt is limitation barred, and then claim earlier charges without the set off?

How do I calculate the exact date on which a matter becomes limitation barred.

Sorry if this sounds brutal but I worked for them. Personally I would like all Bank CEOs imprisoned for running a cartel. If these charges are not price fixing then I don't know what is. I'm surprised we don't hear more about this.....or is it my idea?

Lastly, if anyone has any questions on BB I will do my best. However, I only worked in a branch. AN interesting titbit is that BB's central communication system 'Open, Sort and Distribute' was known by staff as 'Open, Sort and Destroy'!

• 9 months later...

2 threads were covering the same topic with the same title.

I've merged them, getting rid of some duplicated posts and this will now stay in the BC Stickies. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 4 months later...
Peter Townsend is not going to be a happy chappy....

Sorry to ask a stupid question but ...

Is this the same Peter Townsend that is the manager for Barclays Privacy & Data Protection at Radbroke Hall?

Is he also responsible for the Barclaycard data?

If so, that is very interesting. I have had contact with him re my Barclays Account statements and when I mentioned Barclaycard he seemed to indicate it was a completely different company and nothing to do with him!

• 5 months later...

Well, 3 years on, and Barclaycard are still claiming that their microfiche records aren't a relevant filing system, and hence are exempt from a SAR (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/206050-webby-barclaycard.html)

Since the ICO visited them a few years ago to inspect their microfiche records, I assumed they would have release a report on their website. Seems not though, and for a while all I was able to find were cases where inviduals' complaints about this had been upheld.

Today I found the attached PDF, which contains letters sent by the ICO to Barclays, Abbey, and Lloyds TSB on the subject of microfiche records.

For a bit more background context, the URL that I found the PDF on is Research visits re: non-electronic records - WhatDoTheyKnow (primarly regarding Abbey and microfiche)

Letters sent to banks.pdf

2 threads were covering the same topic with the same title.

I've merged them, getting rid of some duplicated posts and this will now stay in the BC Stickies. :)

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find a thread I KNEW existed and had updated the title myself! :rolleyes::-D

I think Barclaycard operate on the assumption that most requesters wont have access to this information. When they are confronted with a CAGer who confronts them with the ICO conclusion .. B/Cards response is ...

"We do not agree with the ICO's findings " :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

... But we will send you the info anyway... ;-)

Absolutely:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Unfortunately, even given this information, Barclaycard will still simpy ignore you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/169837-ppi-claim-interest-barclaycard.html

I had the standard response from BC and contacted the ICO directly. Even after I confronted BC with ICO response stating that their records DO form part of a relevant filing system they simply send the same letter saying it doesn't.

I've made an official complaint to the ICO now about this, but don't know what it will change.

Edited by samcam

Unfortunately, even given this information, Barclaycard will still simpy ignore you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/169837-ppi-claim-interest-barclaycard.html

I had the standard response from BC and contacted the ICO directly. Even after I confronted BC with ICO response stating that their records DO form part of a relevant filing system they simply send the same letter saying it doesn't.

I've made an official complaint to the ICO now about this, but don't know what it will change.

The ICO should support you application to receive data from Barclayshark.. if they still wont provide it you can then issue a claim against BC in the County court. Backed up with the ICO's letter, you should have no problems getting a DJ to order BC to comply.

BCOBS

• 4 months later...

I wouldnt recommend going to the ICO, I did - and after nearly 12 months of waiting the ICO said 'probably Bsrclaycard not have data of more than 6 years - complaint closed'.

Final LBA to Barclaycard resulted in them saying send us a tenner, they have already had the £10 fee - so its off to the Small Claims Court to get disclosure.

Sorry noomill060 - should have done this over 6 months ago like you told me to.

Beachy

Just got the same response from ICO. Claiming that the banks told them 6 years is "industry standard".

Not good that the banks are basically now telling the ICO what to say - so what's the point of ICO!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks