• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Can i join the MBNA club?!***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm dealing with MBNA on hubby's behalf. They have defaulted on CCA and have about 3 weeks until 30 day expiry. I had also made a S.A.R request at the same. We've been through the ID palava, but i'm sticking to MY original 40 day expiry date.

Since i've posted all of the above, 2 letters have been sent demanding payment (1 threatening default registration will be next action they take). I have sent 1 letter re "debt in dispute bug off" and will send 1 more. (Hubby is quite nervous about all of this). I'm going to ask for their complaints procedure too.

Until i've seen statements, i won't decide which route we're taking - charges or not acknowledging debt.

Can anyone give me any useful contact info for MBNA eg contact names, e-mail address or fax number? I can't afford to send all letters special delivery, so if i use rec. delivery i like to back it up with a fax or e-mail.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hopeful1,

I'm also claiming on behalf of nervous hubby! I sent my S.A.R. to the PO Box address that comes on the card statement, but I didn't send ID and they didn't cash my cheque either! I got the stuff I needed from them, admittedly a few days late and my 14 day deadline from my prelim runs out on the 25th.

The following address seems to be a popular one to use -

Customer Advocate Office

MBNA Europe Bank Ltd

Chester Business Park

Chester

CH4 9FB

I know Jackster77 rang them on this number - 0800062062

and Glav's thread is a good read and mentions a man called Colin Pugh (I've heard his name a few times) who was very helpful from what I can gather. Hope this helps! Good luck with your claim, Dizzy :)

Having said the above, the only way to prove the letters is to do them recorded (costs about a pound, then a first class stamp)

welcome to the club....

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Hi Hopeful1 and welcome to the MBNA madhouse.

You spoke to me on one of my threads in another section of the forum, Its kind of like bumping into each other in another pub or club isn't it?

I'll keep an eye on your thread and help where I can, I am due to file MCOL with MBNA so I know a bit about what they can be like.

The only email address I know at the moment is Colin Pughs which is

[email protected] although I have just emailed him and received no reply. The phone number I have is 01244 672628.

Penny.

Hi Both

:) Standing - You're right, we have to make sure we have proof. I do always use recorded delivery (special del. for REALLY important things), i like to back up with a letter or e-mail because recorded can be so unreliable.

:) Thanks for info Dizzy, i'm going to have a look around some more MBNA thread tonight.

All quiet on the Western front today.....

Hey Pennypenny!

I'm just about to grab myself a glass of wine, can i get you anything? :p

Thanks for e-mail, as i say it's back up to letters i send.

Talk soon no doubt! :)

Hi MBNA have never replied to any letter I have sent them apart from sending an unenforceable agreement for CCA and for the SAR the normal we have not treated this as full SAR letter(they sent 3 years statements none with charges). Having received no response to LBA regarding SAR none compliance. Have filed N1 at court re SAR this week. After receiving their response to CCA a letter was sent saying that the agreement was unenforceable and I will not be paying, all further communication to be in writing. No response re CCA just two threatening letter you are in arrears pay up and 4 phone calls demanding arrears payments, they would not discus agreement just tried to keep going on about arrears, I had to repeat about 5 times "I do not acknowledge any debt to MBNA" before they hung up.

Don't expect to get any none standard letters or sense from MBNA until you are at court stage maybe not even then. I now of a CAG member in same position as me but six month further down the line who still have not had a constructive response from MBNA apart from demands for payment.

MBNA's good customer relations are "Do as we say not as we do"

all the best will keep watching dpick:mad:

Oh joy! So not much chance of getting this resolved before the footie season kicks again then? :D

Oh joy! So not much chance of getting this resolved before the footie season kicks again then? :D

My view exactly :D :D

Im looking for an easy route this month, cos im getting my season ticket next week and woe be tied any bank or banking institute that stands in my way :)

Dont think they understand how going to Rotherham away on a Thursday night, is soooooooo important :D

By the way good luck with your claim :cool:

Hey Wednesday! Unfortunately i'm a bit of an armchair supporter these days. My trouble is i'll watch nearly every game going including Real Madrid and Barcelona...there's no wonder my house is such a mess. Now i've found this site it doesn't stand a chance!

Off topic, but there will be a cracker of match, first week of season, live on Sky, 16 Aug. You can keep your Real Madrid and Barca, this will be a magical feast of the highest quality of footy, the kind of game you reminis (sp?) about for years to follow ;):D

Was going to sign off Wednesday but had to check Sky schedule 1st. You're right, i never thought i would live to see such a game on Sky. I shall make a note in my diary! I shall be rooting for Rotherham just for you :D

My hubby calls me his football chick and appreciates not being nagged to turn the game off. I will finish now before i get carried away and digress too much from money!!

Will be in touch ;)

DOH! :D No offence intended!

All quiet on the MBNA front today. Thankfully they do not have 'phone numbers :p

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update: MBNA are in default with CCA and not far away from going into the criminal zone. They've also missed the deadline for the S.A.R request and ignored my request for their complaints procedure (no surprise there, hey? :rolleyes: )

I have decided that it is time to send another letter re non compliance of CCA, seen as how they've the cheek to send a letter demanding payment. Some lucky person is going to be having regular e-mail contact with me. I am now reaching the stage of agitation with all these OCs and DCAs who just can't be bothered to respond politely to anything. Enough is enough.

You best check my threads in the MBNA section.... You might as well get comfy, cos they dont play ball very well. Took me4.5 mths to get a 'decent' response out of them, but still not satifying the CCA request! Charging interest and requesting payments all the time, threatening DCA etc. They have logged two missed payments on my credit file now too. Joy oh Joy!

Barclays :- Settled March 07:o

RBS:- Acct Discharged May 07 :o (chase for more and CRA deletion???):confused:

Barclaycard: - CCA recieved 24/1/07. WOW! :o (GITS!!!) :-|

Just a quick update: MBNA are in default with CCA and not far away from going into the criminal zone. They've also missed the deadline for the S.A.R request and ignored my request for their complaints procedure (no surprise there, hey? :rolleyes: )

I have decided that it is time to send another letter re non compliance of CCA, seen as how they've the cheek to send a letter demanding payment. Some lucky person is going to be having regular e-mail contact with me. I am now reaching the stage of agitation with all these OCs and DCAs who just can't be bothered to respond politely to anything. Enough is enough.

Hi there every time I get a call from MBNA demanding money I send an email with copy of my last letter (CCA unenforceable go away) and their responce "we are looking into your complaint and will respond by 26th June 2007" advising them I have had no responce only phone calls

1, [email protected]

2, [email protected]

3, [email protected]

4, [email protected]

5, [email protected]

6, [email protected]

each time I get a call each of the above get an email only difference from last emal is subject line "your last call 08.45 on 05/07/07"

wait and see now dpick:razz:

Dpick - that is genius posting all those e-mail ads - thankyou :D I shall put them to good use!

Fortunately they don't have our number, but i shall be e-mailing on a regular basis. I'm guessing that over the years we have paid back what we owe and more. Because of that i am no longer interested in the S.A.R. I am quite happy to pester them until they admit they have no CCA. My main aim will be to get hubby's credit file cleaned up.

I shall re-read both yours and fullyskinted's threads to prepare myself from what i am gathering will be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy long battle!

Thanks all for posting. It's good to share :D

Dpick - that is genius posting all those e-mail ads - thankyou :D I shall put them to good use!

Fortunately they don't have our number, but i shall be e-mailing on a regular basis. I'm guessing that over the years we have paid back what we owe and more. Because of that i am no longer interested in the S.A.R. I am quite happy to pester them until they admit they have no CCA. My main aim will be to get hubby's credit file cleaned up.

I shall re-read both yours and fullyskinted's threads to prepare myself from what i am gathering will be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy long battle!

Thanks all for posting. It's good to share :D

Your be allright I gona have fun Monday if no responce by MBNA to court for SAR I will apply for judgement by default.

Now I am finding my way about with CAG I am starting to enjoy myself and if I have my way god help MBNA cus I wont.

all the best dpick:D :D

Now I am finding my way about with CAG I am starting to enjoy myself and if I have my way god help MBNA cus I wont.

I'm right with you there. The difference it makes to know your legal rights, hey?!

Have had a busy night contacting all those who need a kick up the bum. I've sent many an e-mail tonight including to the employees on your wonderful little list.

Hopefully i'll be posting some responses here soon :)

I'm right with you there. The difference it makes to know your legal rights, hey?!

Have had a busy night contacting all those who need a kick up the bum. I've sent many an e-mail tonight including to the employees on your wonderful little list.

Hopefully i'll be posting some responses here soon :)

Let me know if you get any returned as not found, I think they may be using a rolling e-mail system(allows them to pick and chose which e-mail addresses are active and which not) I had william wareing returned on Thursday but that worked 6 weeks ago.

dpick:p

QUESTION:

Guess who defaulted on S.A.R request a week ago,

is in criminal default with CCA request this week,

is not responding to postal or e-mail correspondence,

and is still sending threatening you must pay now letters?

ANSWERS ON A POSTAGE STAMP PLEASE.

Tut, tut, tut :D

Thanks again Wednesday for the link. I had to read it twice to try and get my head around it!

I'm giving 'them' another week of harrassment letters and then i shall set the ball rolling with a complaint to TS. They've not even sent statements so that we can see what's been paid, owed or added to the account in the way of charges. It's so frustrating. At the end of the day, i reckon the charges will amount to more than what is owed, so morally i won't think twice abiout just getting it written off.

Will update soon :rolleyes: