Richard v Robbing Bank of Scotland!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Out of my three claims that I am putting in at three different banks, RBS is the one that has me most wound up.

Thank god for this site, as it has reaffirmed my faith in humanity! Now to tackle my RBS claim!

At an exact figure of £900 over 5 years, I was horrified to see DDs being attempted twice in one day, and the snowballing effect that occured as a direct result of being charged for initially bouncing a DD for £7.99!

Fortunately, I have ALL my statements, so prelim letter primed and ready to be sent tomorrow morning. From what I have read so far on the site, especially re: RBS, I expect a fight with this one.........

Good luck!

Keep us posted.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

So I sent off the prelim letter, and got the most unexpected response today........

They've sent me my statements free of charge. I didn't ask for my statements, as I already have them all, and therefore wouldn't have been able to calculate the amount owed if I didn't have them. Unless of course, this is simply the standard response.........

Do I simply follow up with the action letter as normal?

Stick to your timetable and give them the 14 days. Once the 14 days are up then it LBA time!!!

Cheers

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.