style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6157 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hoping you guys can help me.

I was made bankrupt april this year - without being told a court date, and annoyingly 2 days before a large and substantial cheque cleared in my account - more than enough to pay the debts owed.

I am currently dealing with the insolvency agency and the official receiver to pay off all known debts.

However today I have received a phone call from another company's debt recovery people who claim I owe them a further £400 - a debt I thought I had already paid off prior to the bankruptcy - but I have no proof of this.

I have managed to find very, very rough details of who owe this debt too - although they weren't able to give me exact details - only very sketchy "it's this parent company" and a reference number - I have been unable to get in contact with anyone at the parent company to establish what this debt is.

My question is basically is the there anyway I can get this included in my bankruptcy? Obviously I have no money of my own at the moment (the official receiver got it all from the bank yesturday!!) and I had I known this debt was outstanding I would have included it on the bankruptcy forms. - This is the first contact I've had from the company since April - when I was made bankrupt (2 months now) and probably for a good long while before that too.

What are my rights reguarding this debt - my husband feels that they should have contacted the OR when my bankruptcy was announced, and shouldn't be bothering me at all. Is this right?

Thanks for any help and advice!

Call the OR. I suspect that, anyway, it is not an enforceable debt because they won't have the credit agreement OR because it is over six years old with no acknowledgement or payment.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.