SETTLED IN FULL - Kerry Vs Natwest!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, my first post! yikes!

I watched the tonight programme on monday - my OH was in the shower and nothing else was on so it was just on - and i sat there mouth agape! (edit)

I have had TONS of problems with NatWest. i have a basic account - no cheque book, no overdraft - and i have had a few occassions where THEY have paid a DD a day early and it has gone out on a monday rather than a tuesday and i have money going in on the monday and it's not been cleared and i get charged £38. when i ring them they just repeatedly tell me that if the funds aren't cleared by 3pm on the friday it won't be paid, when i tell them that the DD wasn't due until tuesday they pass the buck saying the person has applied for it early and they have no information on when it should be paid and just pay it.

anyway, waffle waffle, i have printed out my letter and i am sending it today to the address at 135 Bishopsgate (as per contact thread) and i have included a cheque for £10 from my business account (i bet they cash the cheque straight away and drag their feet over giving me the info)

I have had instances where NatWest have paid a DD a day early for, say, £10. i have had £15 in my account and have had another DD for £10. they then return the DD they pay early and charge me £38 and then charge me £38 for going overdrawn. even though i have money paid in that day!

It makes me sooooo mad!!

I am hoping it doesn't take too long to resolve this - but i fear now there is going to be a "revolution" they may drag their feet!

I have a basic account, as i previously mentioned, but all the same i am going to go to another bank today to open a new current account (I'm not sure how it will go as i have a bad credit rating due to my ex so i might encounter some problems)

Will let you all know how i get on!

BRING IT ON!

Kerry

x

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kerry,

I'm a noob 2! Will watch your claim with interest as have mine going at exactly the same time. Am so with you on how they treat us, your story sounds so familiar. Untill seeing this site I thort they would always win on friggin technicalties "ah yes but Mr C. the money wasn't cleared untill two mins after the DD was presented" etc

Good luck x

[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]NatWest [/B] Offer accepted - 24/07/06 - £615[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black]-----------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]Cap One [/B] Prelim - 22/08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000]LBA sent - 06/09/06 [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000] MCOL issued 06/10/06 Served 11/10/06. Acknowledged - Deadline 25/10/06 [COLOR=Red] Offer of full settlement via personal cheque accepted £269. Wait 14 days in post for cheque from - 07/11/06 [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][B][COLOR=darkslateblue]Hit the [/COLOR][COLOR=darkslateblue][URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"][COLOR=red]DONATE BUTTON[/COLOR] [/URL]and give 5% back to support this site! And don't forget the [COLOR=red]survey ;) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE]

I have opened my new account - basic account with Abbey, not even got a debit card! :Cry:

Have cancelled all DD's and SO's with natwest and set up with abbey

have also posted my letter - keep everything crossed!

Hi Kerry:)

Just wanted to wish you luck, we are both starting our claims against Natwest at the same time, it'll be interesting to compare notes.

i only came on the site for the first time yesterday and I'm really impressed with the knowledge and support on offer.

i'm sending my DPA letters off tomorrow recorded, just so the slippery bar stewards can't say they didn't receive them!

My most recent bounced cheque came at a time when I had more than enough to cover the amount, naturally I rang up and they refunded it, but if I hadn't checked....... still that was the exception, on my personal account over 5 years they have had nearly 3k inc interest. It makes me feel sort of ashamed at being so hopeless but when you look at the statements over such a long time you see how their charges were usually the reason insufficient funds were available. not ashamed now just bl**dy angry and determined to succeed.

good luck girl!:D

kate

Hello all, im quite new to all this, just sent my DPA today (recorded post).

Natwest have been getting up my ass for the past 3 months, since my account opened back in 2002 i didnt have a single charge for anything. And then march arrived this year and TWATWEST decided to take a direct debit early and made me miss a payment of a cheque, from this tiny mix up and over ten charges later the snowball effect totaled £433 in charges :evil: .

They messed my credit rating up so bad i cant open another account now so if they do shut my account down im screwed.

Ah well we shall see what happens....

Mornin Kerry,

And Hi to Brandon and Kate... Glad we all seem to be at same place. This is wicked!

Well done on the Abbey acc. Not much fun but we're covered if the Nats shut us down. Got another letter from Snatchwest yesterday adding another seemingly random £12 fee for unnaranged borrowing (just because they can!!) after already charging me around £200 in last month alone. I keep putting money in my Nat Acc from Abbey to cover their charges then they just seem to add more - what the hell are we supposed to do withiout this place?!

It feels so good to know now that we can just add these charges onto the claim and not have to get depressed and feel helpless against them. After writing a long despirate letter to my branch manager over two weeks ago I still have no reply - personal friendly banking? - then I found this place! I am SO looking forward to sending her a pre lim letter (recorded of course) TELLING her to pay me back or I'm going to sue the ass of them :D

There is an interesting thread here 'Oh my God! They paid up' in Natwest section 06/06/06

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9245

The guy did not use the standard template here but altered it a little quoting some parlement ruling that banks have to leave us enough money to live on (calculations available on the net somewhere - I will investigate and let you know). If by their charges they leave us nothing, as has often happened to me, then it's not actually illegal but certainly frowned uppon in court as a serious misdemina. Anyway he got his full amount back in a matter of weeks is the point because im guess they seriously did not want this one to go to court.

Keep us posted, The Mixer

DPA sent 6/6/06 Recorded 37 days and counting...

[SIZE=1] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]NatWest [/B] Offer accepted - 24/07/06 - £615[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black]-----------------------------------------------[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=black][B]Cap One [/B] Prelim - 22/08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000]LBA sent - 06/09/06 [/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=1][COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=#000000] MCOL issued 06/10/06 Served 11/10/06. Acknowledged - Deadline 25/10/06 [COLOR=Red] Offer of full settlement via personal cheque accepted £269. Wait 14 days in post for cheque from - 07/11/06 [/COLOR] [/COLOR] [/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][B][COLOR=darkslateblue]Hit the [/COLOR][COLOR=darkslateblue][URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr"][COLOR=red]DONATE BUTTON[/COLOR] [/URL]and give 5% back to support this site! And don't forget the [COLOR=red]survey ;) [/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] [/SIZE]

Ohhh were all in the same place with Natwest. A couple of years ago I was on income support as i was out of work and had just had a baby. I ended up in hospital and a direct debit didn't clear. I rang Natwest when I got out and they said i should have got someone else to put the money in. I explained I was extremely poorly and the last thing on my mind was money and they just basically said what do you want us to do. I am so happy that this has all been brought to the surface. I estimate that in the last 6 years they have had approx. £3000. I have just looked on my account today and they have bounced a cheque for £40 because there was only £37.87 in my account and now they've charged me £38 which has taken me into the red and they will now charge me another amount at the end of next month because they've took charges. Its a vicious circle that i'm finding it very difficult to get out of.

I've just tracked my letter online (sent recorded delivery) and there is no tracking info (which indicates it has not yet been delivered)

Has anyone had natwest REFUSE to accept delivery of a letter?

and also does this mean their 14 days are up? i thought it was 14 days from when they recieve your letter (which i took as the day after i sent it) but it quite clearly has not yet been delivered? Hmmm......?

heya kerry :)

sorry to wee on your fireworks but if it's the DPA access letter you sent, they have 40 days to get back to you, not 14......

If you do get your statements back in a natwest's favourite tatty brown A4 envelope, take it to your branch and complain/kick up a fuss/protest/whatever; they will want you to stop they'll refund you're £10 DPA charge in the first place :p

Look at mine and katesages post thread if you need inspiration, if you do get confused check the faq's (something i been guilty of in my own post lol) and then just post it hun.....

keep fighting!!!

mickie

08-05-06 - Data Protection Act sent to NW

08-05-06 - MP letter sent to Oliver Letwin (Cons, Dorset West)

25-05-06 - Statements and Data Protection Act received (14 days)

07-06-06 - Prelim letter sent to S.Higley claiming £1226.03

09-06-06 - LBA sent, due to negative response

29-06-06 - Claim served (Acknowledged 30-06-06)

27-07-06 - NW's Deadline - received 27-07-06

24-08-06 - AQ received and returned - Deadline 08-09-06 - Both returned

20-09-06 - 1st Offer - £850.00 with confidentiality REJECTED

05-10-06 - 2nd Offer - £1456.80 with confidentiality ACCEPTED

Hi Kerry,

Just a quick note...

My DPA Requesr has still not been signed for after posting on the 6/6/06 so am concerned too as clock does not start ticking til they officially recieve the request :-|

Is this a new aproach by Snatchwest? Anyone else having this problem keep us posted...

I'm so annoyed - it's STILL not delivered!! good job i sent it recorded otherwise i would assume they had recieved it and the clock would be ticking!

and: thanks for pointing it out that it's 40 days - don't know where i got 14 from! *slaps forehead with hand* DER!

Hi all, just had a letter back from Stuart Higley today, he's basically said that there charges are fair, reasonable and transparent, he then babbles on about the office of fair trading statement of 5 april 2006 and that they do not accept its findings in relation to its findings on credit card fees. He then goes on to say that he is concerned that the office of fair trading has publicly called into the question the the setting of charges applied to other products, including current accounts.

Then he says against that background they cannot find any instances where charges have been applied when not properly due.

And thats it, no money yet, although i didnt expect it yet anyway.

All i can really say is what a bunch of tight fisted greedy bull****ing ass munchers.

anyway on with the battle...........

Hi Kerry

Glad to see you are fighting back . I had a big row with Natwesjust afew hours ago they are so rude. I'm about to send off my first letter requesting my bank statements did you get a reply from bishopsgate? Ifeel much better knowing that I am not the only one having these difficulties I was drowning fast!! know I have the courage to fight thanks to this marvellous website. Going back 6 years I guess I'm owed about £1000 plus taking loans out on bad natwest advice but that's a separate matter.

keep me posted.

Anna

ps good to see there is another lamps fan!!!

All my letters have been delivered thankfully Although I didn't need to request 6 years of statements. I just went for the kill as I am only going for the last 12 months as this is when my account became "delinquent" (so the banks say). I have already had £100 credited to my account and I am still pursuing the remaining £997.74. They have till 19th June to respond.

Hi kerry

none of my dpas have been delivered either, all 3 of them? how unlucky is that!?:p

i've tried a new tack which is to ring up and asked for the statements to be sent. so far no probs but they are due in 10 days so will update then.

However! Check out Pixlmixers thread.......good info. Because they were sent 1st class recorded, the DPA 40 day clock started ticking anyway. Your proof of postage recorded delivery slip is proof.

So we havnt really 'lost' time. try ringing up for your statements, they may charge you a fiver for the lot, which if the DPA cheque isnt cashed is no biggy.

At least then u can calc how much they owe u and send off preliminary request for refund. A DPA complaint can follow later as a seperate issue.

just want to get cracking!!

kate

Hi Kerry :p

Take a look at my thread regarding delivery. Snatchwest are playing silly buggers with Royal Mail. Start you 40 day DPA request countdown 2 days from posting (assuming it was recorded) as thats when it was delevered basically.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=86108#post86108

Onwards and upwards

Oh dear Kerry.... have you rang the number at bishopsgate, its on my thread. I did and they were in post that day.

GGood luck :???:

STILL not delivered! anyone else had theirs delivered! ARGH! so frustrating

I have heard nothing, yet my friend's partner send his letter off to his building society at the same time, he had a responce in a couple of days.

I think Snatchwest are just trying to bide there time, sit tight and hope it all blows over!!!!!

Ring them here - 0800 0154212 You'll get through to Bishopsgate, eventually!

Start your 40 day DPA request clock 2 days after posting (if recorded that is), Royal Mail are delivering them as per their contract it's just that Snatchwest have been inundated with requests and are not signing for them - They have been recieved! If they not Royal Mail would be sending them back unsigned for.

Mine is still showing up as unsigned for and probably will do for ever more but I have my statements in, duplicate by persistant phone calling after 16 days.

Good luck...

I had the same problem. Sent my DPA request recorded delivery, tried to track it online but came showing "come back later". Rang up Royal Mail they told me it must be lost. So I've waited the requisite time and now claimed against Royal Mail for my postage and also for the Postal Order that was included.

I've now done another DPA request and handed it in to my branch. They have acknowledged receipt and passed it on to the right department.

Interesting that Natwest have been inundated. Wonder why? It's not right though that they are not signing for their recorded post.

Keep perservering.

Tony

Original Claim (9 months charges) put on hold. 25/5

Data Protection Act 6 Years Statements request sent 26/5 (Sent recorded, Lost! Claimed from Post Office 14/6)

New DPA handed into local branch 14/6

LBA for DPA sent 26 July

My cheque has gone out of my account- but it's still not been signed for with RM

Yeah my CHQ has also gone out of my account, fact is if they have banked your CHQ, thats proof enough they received your letter. Thats the way I look at it.

My partner recieved 2 years worth of statements yesterday, I have recieved nothing so far, they have until the 18th.:|