Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    yaffsimone1 Novitiate yaffsimone1's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default RBS Credit Cards given final response with regards to charges - Need a little help

I have 3 credit cards that are issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland. RBSicon Card, Tesco Card and Natwest Card. I have CCA's all of these all of which have been ignored. I have also put in a claim for their charges mostly 25.00. They saying that the 12.00 charges (these have only just been reduced) are in line with OFT guidelines and they are not going to refund them. I have read some cases where they have paid out thousands on receiving one letter, with me we are talking about 300 per card. Hardly mega bucks...to them anyway. They are being really stubborn

I had the understanding that OFT said they wont prosecute a creditor if the charges are 12.00 or less unless there are exceptional circumstances, but they have also said that a 12.00 charge is still unfair and the creditor has to prove otherwise.

RBS have said in a really blunt letter, i kept writing saying they were wrong in what they said about OFT saying the charges are fair:-

'I note your comments, however i would like to reiterate that my letter dated **** is the banks final responseicon and therefore we are unable to enter into any further correspondance regarding this matter'

I was hoping i was not going to have to go to court to get these charges back but that response says it all, this is the same for the RBS Card and the Tesco one, they have not responded to the Natwest one yet.

This will be the first court claim, where do i start?

I have not SARicon them because i have all my statements from the beginning of time.

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: RBS Credit Cards given final response with regards to charges - Need a little hel

Quote Originally Posted by yaffsimone1 View Post
    I have 3 credit cards that are issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland. RBSicon Card, Tesco Card and NatWest Card. I have CCA's all of these all of which have been ignored. I have also put in a claim for their charges mostly 25.00. They saying that the 12.00 charges (these have only just been reduced) are in line with OFT guidelines and they are not going to refund them. I have read some cases where they have paid out thousands on receiving one letter, with me we are talking about 300 per card. Hardly mega bucks...to them anyway. They are being really stubborn

I had the understanding that OFT said they wont prosecute a creditor if the charges are 12.00 or less unless there are exceptional circumstances, but they have also said that a 12.00 charge is still unfair and the creditor has to prove otherwise.

RBS have said in a really blunt letter, i kept writing saying they were wrong in what they said about OFT saying the charges are fair:-

'I note your comments, however i would like to reiterate that my letter dated **** is the banks final responseicon and therefore we are unable to enter into any further correspondance regarding this matter'

I was hoping i was not going to have to go to court to get these charges back but that response says it all, this is the same for the RBS Card and the Tesco one, they have not responded to the Natwest one yet.

This will be the first court claim, where do i start?

I have not S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) them because i have all my statements from the beginning of time.
    Hi, if you have sent the Prelim and the lbaicon then you need to file your claim at court. I have reclaimed my charges from RBC credit card. Read through the FAQs and the step by step instructions (linked in my signature) these will guide you through the process, all the templates are in the libraryicon.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    yaffsimone1 Novitiate yaffsimone1's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: RBS Credit Cards given final response with regards to charges - Need a little hel

I have got everything downloaded, thing is i know what i should be doing. Im stalling....was hoping there was one more thing i could try before court. The idea of court frightens the hell out of me. I stood as a witness in a crown court trial once, i know its not the same but mention court and my legs just go to jelly!

Slap myself and get a grip!!!!!

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad Authoritative livelylad's Avatar

Cagger since : Jun 2006

You will be fine, plus if it gets to court I will come with you.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details