RBS Credit Cards given final response with regards to charges - Need a little help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 3 credit cards that are issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland. RBS Card, Tesco Card and Natwest Card. I have CCA's all of these all of which have been ignored. I have also put in a claim for their charges mostly £25.00. They saying that the £12.00 charges (these have only just been reduced) are in line with OFT guidelines and they are not going to refund them. I have read some cases where they have paid out thousands on receiving one letter, with me we are talking about £300 per card. Hardly mega bucks...to them anyway. They are being really stubborn

I had the understanding that OFT said they wont prosecute a creditor if the charges are £12.00 or less unless there are exceptional circumstances, but they have also said that a £12.00 charge is still unfair and the creditor has to prove otherwise.

RBS have said in a really blunt letter, i kept writing saying they were wrong in what they said about OFT saying the charges are fair:-

'I note your comments, however i would like to reiterate that my letter dated **** is the banks final response and therefore we are unable to enter into any further correspondance regarding this matter'

I was hoping i was not going to have to go to court to get these charges back but that response says it all, this is the same for the RBS Card and the Tesco one, they have not responded to the Natwest one yet.

This will be the first court claim, where do i start?

I have not SAR them because i have all my statements from the beginning of time.

I have 3 credit cards that are issued by the Royal Bank of Scotland. RBS Card, Tesco Card and NatWest Card. I have CCA's all of these all of which have been ignored. I have also put in a claim for their charges mostly £25.00. They saying that the £12.00 charges (these have only just been reduced) are in line with OFT guidelines and they are not going to refund them. I have read some cases where they have paid out thousands on receiving one letter, with me we are talking about £300 per card. Hardly mega bucks...to them anyway. They are being really stubborn

I had the understanding that OFT said they wont prosecute a creditor if the charges are £12.00 or less unless there are exceptional circumstances, but they have also said that a £12.00 charge is still unfair and the creditor has to prove otherwise.

RBS have said in a really blunt letter, i kept writing saying they were wrong in what they said about OFT saying the charges are fair:-

'I note your comments, however i would like to reiterate that my letter dated **** is the banks final response and therefore we are unable to enter into any further correspondance regarding this matter'

I was hoping i was not going to have to go to court to get these charges back but that response says it all, this is the same for the RBS Card and the Tesco one, they have not responded to the Natwest one yet.

This will be the first court claim, where do i start?

I have not S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) them because i have all my statements from the beginning of time.

Hi, if you have sent the Prelim and the LBA then you need to file your claim at court. I have reclaimed my charges from RBC credit card. Read through the FAQs and the step by step instructions (linked in my signature) these will guide you through the process, all the templates are in the Library.

I have got everything downloaded, thing is i know what i should be doing. Im stalling....was hoping there was one more thing i could try before court. The idea of court frightens the hell out of me. I stood as a witness in a crown court trial once, i know its not the same but mention court and my legs just go to jelly!

Slap myself and get a grip!!!!!