LittleMissConfused vs RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I have been reading this site for months and have finally decided after a few months of vast charges that enough is enough!

I already have all my statements (yip, I am that sad) and am currently filling out my spreadsheet!

I am in Scotland so understand the whole small claims limit etc. so thought the best way forward is to approach the bank first, then if all else fails go throught the FSA. My understanding is that this may take some time but hey, I've waited this long!

I am however unsure as to what my letter to them should be, I cant really threaten legal action because I dont intent to go through the small claims as my charges are over £3K?

Any advice gratefully recieved:p

Well it turns out I am going mad (I believe pregnancy can do that)

Last year when I first started looking at this site turn out I sent of a preliminary letter to the RBS, to which I have just found the response 'fair, reasonable, transparent, blah blah blah' and then I sent off the LBA. To which I recieved a similar letter which also reffered me to the FSA if I wasnt happy.

Now bearing in mind this was 10 months ago, and I did nothing about it (yes I know) do I have to start all over? Or do I pick up where I left off adding any new charges? Or can I contact the FSA (as it is well over 8 weeks and I'm not satisfied) now with new charges added?

Or do I send them another letter with all charges (old and new) and then take it to the FSA.

Or are you all so bored by reading this now you dont care?

LMS:)

Well it turns out I am going mad (I believe pregnancy can do that)

Sorry, but the true madness comes when the resultant kids hit adolescence :D

Last year when I first started looking at this site turn out I sent of a preliminary letter to the RBS, to which I have just found the response 'fair, reasonable, transparent, blah blah blah' and then I sent off the LBA. To which I recieved a similar letter which also reffered me to the FSA if I wasnt happy.

Now bearing in mind this was 10 months ago, and I did nothing about it (yes I know) do I have to start all over? Or do I pick up where I left off adding any new charges? Or can I contact the FSA (as it is well over 8 weeks and I'm not satisfied) now with new charges added?

Or do I send them another letter with all charges (old and new) and then take it to the FSA.

Or are you all so bored by reading this now you dont care?

LMS:)

It all depends on what route you want to take.

If you want to go via the FO then technically you have waited the required 56 days, but, and I could be wrong here, there is a time limit for referring a particular complaint to the FO.

As far as the court route goes then it's incumbent upon you to show that you have made realistic attempts at negotiation. Doing nothing for 10 months doesn't really demonstrate that.

So basically the upshot is... start again. You won't lose anything by doing it, and you will gain in various ways.

You can even try for the additional 10 months of charges that fell off the back end of the 6 year plateau. It adds a slightly more complex factor into the equation, but the odds are the bank will capitulate in the end anyway.

Thanks Kurt.

I kind of guessed that starting again would be my best bet. I think i'll draft a nice letter to them tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know if you can email the rbs with these things or do I have to rely on good old royal mail? I cant see an email address to contact them.

L

PS I think your right about the the whole adolescence thing too, so I will not complain too much in the meantime!!