Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Have you been threatened with account closure if you don't give up future claims?

We suggest very strongly that you reject these threats out of hand.

Contact the Ombudsmanicon and contact us.

We have several people from the media who are interested in this.
    The Ombudsman will also be interested.
    Do not accept this kind of bullying from any company which tries to force you to accept its unlawful charges regime.

You are on this forum because you want to end this kind of bullying and stand up for yourselves.

Similar Threads:

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Broxi Novitiate

Cagger since : Nov 2006

Default Re: Have you been threatened with account closure if you don't give up future claims?

I have been told by RBOS credit management services that even though I have been succesful in my claim and my account is 2000 in credit that I have to wait 21 days for a "refund". When I queried the term "refund" I was told that my account will be closed after they process the difference between my credit and debit amounts, I will then recieve a cheque for the balance. Are they allowed to close an account in credit as I don't want to close it?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    kennyh Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2006

Default Re: Have you been threatened with account closure if you don't give up future claims?

If I recall, this has been tried by other banks (A&L springs to mind) who had their knuckles severely rapped(and were fined), I think, by FSA(PLEASE correct me Mods) since such an action is contrary to their own 'Banking Codeicon'.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    pinnate Novitiate

Cagger since : Feb 2006

Question Re: Have you been threatened with account closure if you don't give up future claims?

I went over my agreed overdraft limit in early July. As soon as I realised, I arranged to pay it off in three months- which I've been doing. I continue to be hit by charges (as well as interest) - totalling some 381.20 within the space of a couple of weeks. I complained to the Fin Omb in mid July and then received a lettericon from RBOS telling me to return cheque books etc. I assume they will close my account when I've paid off the o/d.
    Advice on what to do next would be great. Thanks.

pinnate
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details