Have you been threatened with account closure if you don't give up future claims?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We suggest very strongly that you reject these threats out of hand.

Contact the Ombudsman and contact us.

We have several people from the media who are interested in this.

The Ombudsman will also be interested.

Do not accept this kind of bullying from any company which tries to force you to accept its unlawful charges regime.

You are on this forum because you want to end this kind of bullying and stand up for yourselves.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been told by RBOS credit management services that even though I have been succesful in my claim and my account is £2000 in credit that I have to wait 21 days for a "refund". When I queried the term "refund" I was told that my account will be closed after they process the difference between my credit and debit amounts, I will then recieve a cheque for the balance. Are they allowed to close an account in credit as I don't want to close it?

If I recall, this has been tried by other banks (A&L springs to mind) who had their knuckles severely rapped(and were fined), I think, by FSA(PLEASE correct me Mods) since such an action is contrary to their own 'banking code'.

• 2 months later...

I went over my agreed overdraft limit in early July. As soon as I realised, I arranged to pay it off in three months- which I've been doing. I continue to be hit by charges (as well as interest) - totalling some £381.20 within the space of a couple of weeks. I complained to the Fin Omb in mid July and then received a letter from RBOS telling me to return cheque books etc. I assume they will close my account when I've paid off the o/d.

Advice on what to do next would be great. Thanks.

pinnate