Kenny v Clydesdale Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where do I start.

The problems I have had with this bank are never ending.

I had £40 taken from my account as an overdraft arrangement fee.

My overdraft was due for review at the end of May 2006, but the £40 charge was taken from my account again at the end of March without so much as a letter or call from my bank to let me know their intentions. I incurred a £22.50 over overdraft limit fee as a result.

I also unbelievably incurred a £22.50 charge when they paid a direct debit that took me over my overdraft limit. On the same day a weekly working tax credit payment went into my account. I thought that the balance at the end of the working day was used to determine whether I was over my overdraft limit or not.

I wrote a letter to them asking that a direct debit be cancelled. I posted it through the branch door before opening hours. Two weeks later the direct debit was taken from my account and as a result I got a £22.50 charge.

I am absolutely sick of this bank. Unfortunately from browsing the forums it doesn't look like many people are having much success.

Hi Kenny, welcome aboard.

We have found that, basically, all banks are as bad as each other in the way they treat customers re bank charges.

If you follow our guidelines, I can assure you that you will get these charges refunded.

When you state "it doesn't look like many people are having much success" - what do you mean by this? Reclaiming charges?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Kenny. Welcome on board. I have just finished reading Homer-J's post, who has just got a 100% refund off Yorkshire Bank, which is part of the same group. Clydesdale are certainly not making life easy, but that isn't stopping people from trying, and it is well worth having a go. What have you got to lose?

Look around the FAQ's and step by step instructions, and you will see how it all works. You have made a start by joining us here. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.:)

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Go get em Kenny!

Clydesdale/Yorkshire will soon have to realise that being awkward isn't going to change the inevitable outcome :)

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Kenny - have faith my good man!!

It's starting to look like the Clydesdale Bank ARE now beginning to release lists of transactions from prior to July 2005. Whether this has anything to do with a few complaints being lodged against them to the ICO or not, I'm not sure. What IS important though is that they do seem to be backing down a bit now.

Thank heavens! It's taken me a good 2/3 months & I'm yet to receive my old copy statements, but I WILL get them, and whats more, I'll get them at the £10 maximum fee too, NOT for their own greedy price of £10 per month.

My advive to you would be to fire in a DPA request, along with a cheque/postal order for £10.00

If they give you any indication that they're not going to send you all the information, lodge a complaint with the ICO against them.

Repeat after me... "We WILL beat them!"

;)

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim