Financial Ombudsman Service

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a formal complaint to the FO regarding a DCA & the response I've received back from them has perplexed me.

"Thank you for your recent enquiry.

I am sorry to disappoint you, but your complaint does not appear to be one we are able to deal with.

That is because the business you have complained about only became covered by us on 6 April 2007, and we have no authority to deal with complaints against it about things that happened before that date. Which means that - although you are in dispute with xxxxxxxx - we are not able to look into the matter."

So basically, any complaint arising prior to 6 April 2007 will not be entertained by them. Not that it matters much, because according to their own literature.

'Our job is to help settle individual disputes between businesses that provide financial services and their customers. Our service is confidential. We do not publish the names of businesses or consumers whose complaints we handle. We do not monitor or regulate businesses to make sure they follow the rules."

Methinks the FO's is infact quite TOOTHLESS !!! :sad: :sad: