Really upset and angery....

Natasha
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:x Just got off the phone to barclay card, i'm still shaking from anger and quite frankly i'm really upset :Cry: .

Recieved my statement today and it has an exceeded limit charge of £20,

So i called them up and they guy on the other end was trying to work out why it was charged he started saying that they charged me for being over my limit for last month, which i thought was silly. so i put down the phone went online to view my statements, i have been within my limit last month.

So i called them up again, asked another guy why was i charged?

He went through everything and said basically i was charged because the interest charges were applied to my account which sent me over the limit.

i proceeded to say that it was unfair for them to charge me because they applied interest charges... he started referring me back to my T&C, i asked him if he could waiver the fee, there was some umm'ing and rrr'ing and he said as a "good will gesture" he would refund £10 back, i laughed and said forget it!! just send me all my staements from opening my account, he said he could but that would be a charge of £3 per statement.

This is the point where i mentioned about the DPA and how i'm entiltled to see my statements and that the charges we unlawful, and that the penalty charge bares not realation to the actual costs.

Then he started to say sorry i cant hear you that well please could you repeat yourself(when quite frankly he had been having a normal conversation up to that point) i repeated myself and he said sorry i dont understand! :roll: at that point i was too upset and angery i hang up the phone!!

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

Natasha

Don't panic....take some time to read through all the FAQ's on this site and then just follow the process.

It winds me up talking to these people on the phone, so I do it all in writing myself.

The law is on your side........so deep breath, relax and follow the great advice on this site.

Thank you! :)

I have read all the FAQ and today i have drafted up a letter to abbey, i wasnt going to do it with barclays but now i bl**dy will!!

I think comunicating in writing is a lot easier to get your point accross with out the stress.

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Natasha

Approx charges £2500

sent LBA

Settled IN FULL

settled in FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks