• Tweets

• deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx  
    • Well tbh that’s good news and something she can find out for herself.  She has no intention of peace.  I’m going to ask the thread stays open a little longer.   It seems she had not learned that I am just not the one!!!!  plus I have received new medical info from my vet today.   To remain within agreement, I need to generally ask for advice re:  If new medical information for the pup became apparent now - post agreement signing, that added proof a second genetic disease (tested for in those initial tests in the first case but relayed incorrectly to me then ), does it give me grounds for asking a court to unseal the deed so I can pursue this new info….. if she persists in being a pain ? If generally speaking, a first case was a cardiac issue that can be argued as both genetic and congenital until a genetic test is done and then a second absolute genetic only disease was then discovered, is that deemed a new case or grounds for unsealing? Make sense ?   This disease is only ever genetic!!!!   Rather more damning and indisputable proof of genetic disease breeding with no screening yk prevent.   The vet report showing this was uploaded in the original N1 pack.   Somehow rekeyed as normal when I was called with the results.   A vet visit today shows they were not normal and every symptom he has had reported in all reports uploaded from day one are related to the disease. 
    • Hi Roberto, Read some of the other threads here about S Sixes - they all follow the same routine of threats, threats, then nothing. When you do this, you'll see how many have been in exactly the same situation as you are. Keep us updated as necessary .............
    • Nationwide's takeover of Virgin Money is hitting the headlines as thousands of customers protest that they will not get a vote on whether it should happen.View the full article
    • unrelated to the agreement then, could have come from Lowells filing cabinet (who lowells - they dont do that - oh yes they do!! just look at a few lowell paypal EU court claim threads) no name and address for time of take out either which they MUST contain. just like the rest of the agreement then..utter bogroll that proves nothing toward you ... slippery lowells as usual it's only a case management discussion on 26 April 2024 at 10:00am by WebEx. thats good simply refer to the responses you made on your 4a form response only. pleanty of SPC thread here to read before the 26th i suggest you read at least one a day. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

lANCASTERCHELSEA V. RBS/business

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received 6 years statements in 2 lots.... they send approx 3 years to start with, then the balance.

Sent first letter..... claim approx £1400 including interest

let's hope they are quick

KBO

If you can't fight, wear a big hat.

Halifax... 2 successful claims....£518

CitiCards..... judgement and cheque (26/7/07) .... won £900

RBS business..... .....stay lifted reissued N1..... won £2105

Midland1 business.1996/1997.. first letter (27/6/07)....£1470

First Direct...... first letter (30/6/07).... £839.... stayed

plus another 13 banks/business/cc's to come for £10,000 plus.

Hope and Quick are not in the dictionary of RBS i am afraid, but good luck and keep us posted.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

just had first letter back (6th June)from Sandy Watt, saying they will respond within 6 to 7 weeks. I will send out next letter (LBA) on 19th June... giving them 2 weeks before mcol

KBO

You are right on the ball. keep us posted. Good luck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

The 14 days is up from the first letter

so am just about to send lba letter

ONE SMALL PROBLEM....... my first letter refered to a claim of approx £1400 including interest (not the 8% interest)

if I go back slightly further .... feb/march 2001.... the claim will increase by approx £225..... That would then include all charges since the account was opened. Should I try for more money and run the slight risk of a challenge to charges more than 6 years ago.

I favour going for the higher amount. It would be good practice for future claims going back to 1985!!!!

KBO

I sent my lba in today, giving them 14 days to pay up.

I increased the charges to approx £1600

slightly past the 6 year period; but only just

In 2 weeks time, will issue the mcol claim

KBO

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks after the lba, I have filed claim on MCOL for £1000 plus £1200 compounded interest. I have heard nothing from RBoS since the first acknowledgement one month ago. We should see some action now.

Do I need to send to RBoS my spreadsheet calculations so they know where the figures have come from?

KBO

• 1 month later...

RBoS have acknowledged the claim

Cobbetts Manchester..... intend to defend all of claim

they have until 24th August to submit a defence

As it is a business claim, I shouldn't get stayed etc

but i am sure that they will try it

KBO

Got Cobbetts defence and request for further information....

Defence

POC does not disclose reasonable grounds

some greater than 6 years (about 25% of charges are greater than 6 years)..... but limitations act/concealment

a quibble about details of account (nonsense... it is a live current business account)

all my details are on my spreadsheet

prove they are penalties and prove breach of contract

they are not penalties and Cobbetts cannot plead until shown that they are

signed Lynsey Robinson

Request for further information

CPR rule 27.2 (3)

CPR Part 18 by August 20th

if not will apply claim struck out

ask for details of all claims...... (but it is all on the spreadsheet)

lots of legal indecipherable gibberish in 17th century English..... are these people trapped in some East India Company argument to Walpole about tea plantation ownership. They must think incomprehensible bull**** sounds good.

KBO

Unfortunately, it sounds as though you've received one of Cobbetts' rather tedious and laborious templates. They call it the defence as opposed to a template though!

You don't have to respond in full to their CPR par 18 request for further information unless the court orders you to do so. So in the meantime, click on the link for 'Nat West Claimant' in my signature and scroll down to the CPR 18 info. There's a link to a short letter to send to them in response - attach a copy of your schedule of charges to it (copy of both to your local court for info). :)

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks for your help Hedgey

I sent the letter off to RBS re CPR 18 request etc 2 days ago

This morning received Notice of transfer of Proceedings from Northampton, transfering to my local court (good news)..... The order says.....

1) AQ is dispensed with... unless the district judge wants one

2) Any party may apply for set aside, varied or stayed under rule 3.3 (5)

must apply under Rule 23.3 within 14 days

The court enclosed the defence and request for further information from cobbetts.

I will send copy of my reply to CPR part18 to my local court

Do I need to head off a possible application for stay..... it is a business claim

KBO

Send the CPR part 18 response to Cobbetts primarily with a copy of your schedule of charges (copy to your local county court to add to your file once the claim is transferred).

The OFT test case is substantially concerned with the application of UTCCRs which is not applicable to business claims. So hopefully, a stay shouldn't be applied for by Cobbetts. :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Just got letter from Cobbetts/RBS, saying they have applied for a stay on my business claim. It has got past MCOL and been allocated to my local court. The judge at Nothampton says in the Order that "any party may apply inder rule 3.3(5) to have it set aside. such a party must apply under rule 23.3 within 14 days ie by 24th August. That is just what Cobbetts have done... evn though it is a business claim

KBO

• 3 weeks later...

Got letter from Cobbetts re my RBoS business claim

They have WITHDRAWN THEIR REQUEST FOR IT TO BE STAYED!!!!!

they say that they now see it is a business claim and the OFT test case is not relevant to it.

KBO

That's good news! Second one this week :)

Just out of interest (and possibly to be on the safe side) could I ask what type of account you have and ask you to post up the exact wording of the PoC that you used when you filed your claim at court please? (you could send me a PM with the information on it if you're not comfortable posting it up on the open forum) :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I've put MCOL POC and cobblers letter on the business thread

I will repeat here if required

the account is a partnership/(NOT ltd) business current account

KBO

No problem - I've just read the post that you made on the business thread! As you filed via MCOL, your PoC is quite vague and it could be worthwhile amending your claim, particularly as it's a business claim.

Have a look at the response that I gave to Barneybubble earlier http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/102725-barneybubble-rbos-2-12430-a.html#post1117797 for further advice on how to do this.

Also, do you have relevant account T&C's? :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 months later...

MY BUSINESS RBS STAY HAS BEEN LIFTED !!!!!

My local court has set prelim hearing for 3rd Jan..... to see if issues can be narrowed ???? and for court to give directions as to filing of stratements, fix length of hearing and choose track

KBO

That's great news - well done! ;)

Did you ever get round to doing a new PoC?

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hedgey I have done nothing since OFT

All my claims are waiting ready to restart. I got my MCOL fees back for a business Lloyds claim and a business NatWest claim

I will get going again this week and will need to put in strong claims to court etc

thanks

KBO

I have received a letter from Cobblers...

ref schedule of charges..."you are claiming £1,500 in interest...under section 69 of county court act... you can only claim 8%...provide a revised schedule....." (paraphrased)

I claimed exactly the same compound rate that they charged me... in other words... the exact interest that they have charged me to date on the penalty charges..

In fact they are sveral months old now, so I need to bring up to date

The period is all well within 6 years

Any suggestions on my response...... at least they are showing some activity

KBO

CORRECTION........ some of my claim is greater than 6 years

Hedgey ........as I am going to court do I still need to change my POC.... or is this superceded by documents presented at court

If I need to strengthen my claim, how do I do this without going back to the beginning

Big thanks for your help

KBO

I have received a letter from Cobblers...

ref schedule of charges..."you are claiming £1,500 in interest...under section 69 of county court act... you can only claim 8%...provide a revised schedule....." (paraphrased)

I claimed exactly the same compound rate that they charged me... in other words... the exact interest that they have charged me to date on the penalty charges..

In fact they are sveral months old now, so I need to bring up to date

The period is all well within 6 years

Any suggestions on my response...... at least they are showing some activity

Personally, I'd be inclined to amend your schedule of charges to include the 8% s69 interest only. Did you use one of the CAG interest spreadsheets for your original schedule? If not, I'd advise downloading one of the simple versions as they'll calculate the 8% interest on your charges. ;) If only some of the charges are older than 6 years you needn't worry too much - keep them on the schedule as you can include info about statute of limitations in your court bundle.

CORRECTION........ some of my claim is greater than 6 years

Hedgey ........as I am going to court do I still need to change my POC.... or is this superceded by documents presented at court

If I need to strengthen my claim, how do I do this without going back to the beginning. Big thanks for your help

You could, in theory, leave your PoC as it is at the moment and see what happens when you get before the DJ. They may request an amended PoC anyway. However, as your original PoC was quite vague (a common problem when filing via MCOL unfortunately) it may be worth amending it before the hearing date. You still have enough time to do this - but if you choose to amend it contact the court office in the morning and explain that you'd like to amend it. They'll be able to advise whether the court date set for the 3rd Jan will need to be postponed to a later date (e.g., the claim will have to be re-served, etc).

Can you post up a link to your PoC so that I can have another look at it please? I can't remember whereabouts on the business claim thread it was! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

my RBS MCOL POC........... it really is brief isn't it !!!!!!!!!!!

The claimant has held a current account with the defendant, conducted on their

Standard terms and conditions since January 2000, The defendant from

February 2001 to present day has applied charges to the claimant account,

totaling £1020. The bank's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable. Penalty charges are irrecoverable at common law. The precedent for this was Dunlop Pneumatic v New Garage [1915] AC 79.along with Murray v. Leisure play [2005] EWCA Civ 963. The claimant has repeatedly asked the bank to refund their charges or offer proof that they are true pre-estimate. They have declined to do so.

The claimant claims £1,020 plus £1421.68 interest, being the sum unlawfully debited

KBO