bank hassling me for money i havent got please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

because of charges on my account my account is about 400 over the overdraft, they have written to me and phoned and said i must pay 150 a month till its payed off. i havent got 150 a month at the moment but they wouldnt listern to me , i have requested a copy of my statments but what can i do until i get them to except a lower figure, they say that if i dont pay and get my account below the aggread overdraft they will shut my account

Get in touch with CCCS, they will set up a sensible repayment plan for you or send you their self-help pack over the internet - tell the Bank you cannot pay anymore than you can afford, also bank accounts are covered by the Consumer Credit Act so you can request a true copy of the executed agreement, template letters on this part of the site, look up above. CCA requests cost £1. and the bank has 12+2 days before they are in default if they cannot supply a true copy of the agreement, they then have another 30 days before it becomes a criminal default, you can however stop paying after the 12 days, you can also go the SAR route enclosing £10 for complete list of transactions on your account going back 6 years which should show all the charges. If they keep hassling, follow the advice on this site about harassment. Stop worrying now you have found this site!!!

Hi Terry

CCCS is the Consumer Credit Counselling Service, who are a free debt management charity and can help you make monthly arrangements with your creditors if you need them to, they can also just give you some pratical advice on how to manage your finances and creditors.

OK, the bank are making demands because they imposed charges. Well they aren't going to get the charges from you, society is a bit too savvy for the banks liking now, but await your statements and make a claim, they may well close your account so ensure you open one elsewhere now.

Ask your bank to freeze any further interest and charges on your account NOW so you get an chance to get those statements and get your case together without their charges creeping up.

Good Luck

TF x

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.

Oops, forgot to tell you open parachute account asap!

It's really important you open a safe bank account ASAP ( an account where you don't have any debt with the same bank ). The bank has the right of offset over your funds and because an overdraft is repayable on demand they could just freeze your account the next time money is paid in... you can exercise something called the first right of appropriation for your money but you need to do this in writing at least 7 days before funds are due to be paid in. So new account is usually a better and easier option.

Best of luck

i have other accounts this was my student account.

they sent it straight to credit people, but im just pi**ed off that there charges have taken me over and more charges put on and on. then they start demanding money from me , which i havent got.

Oops, forgot to tell you open parachute account asap!

It's really important you open a safe bank account ASAP ( an account where you don't have any debt with the same bank ). The bank has the right of offset over your funds and because an overdraft is repayable on demand they could just freeze your account the next time money is paid in... you can exercise something called the first right of appropriation for your money but you need to do this in writing at least 7 days before funds are due to be paid in. So new account is usually a better and easier option.

Best of luck

Terry,

I would just write something along the lines of:

I enclose my financial statement, as you can see, I am suffering financial hardship at this current time.

I believe the charges you hve applied to the account have caused me to be in this situation and I am currently implementing a claim for charges against the bank, however, in the interim, I would like to make an offer of repayment of £X per week/fortnight/month.

In light of the amount of charges against my account if you would be able to reduce or clear these in some way, it will only help my continued position of indebtness to you.

I would be grateful for your swift acceptance of my offer.

Send this recorded delivery to the manager of the branch, I have always found this quiker than writing to the head office.

All my knowledge has been gained from personal experience and the sharing of advice from fellow members.