Repayment of charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RBS have agreed to refund the charges on an account I had with them until approx. 3 years ago. I thought this account was closed but RBS say it is still open, even though I have had no contact with them for that time and have opened an account with another bank. Since leaving RBS I have a CCJ for repayment of the overdraft and loan that was outstanding which I have benn paying regularly month by month.

RBS want to pay the refund of their overcharging into my RBS account. As I have other debts with other companies , brought about directly or indirectly by the financial problems caused by RBS's overcharging, I have as much obligation to settle those other debts to these other companies as I have to RBS.

Can I therefore insist that RBS refund this repayment to me by cheque or into my current account with a different bank, rather than directly into a RBS account I was under the impression I had closed 3 years ago?

You could ask them for a cheque but I think that the banks take the view that if you have an open account with them then they will repay the charges back into that.

Do what I did-once the monies are in transfer then straightaway.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi Yamaha, My partner is in the exact same position, she's not been offered any money yet but it's so annoying that this money will just reduce some of the amount she still owes. I'm with you, payment should be paid directly to the claimant as it's them who have been put in such position by these illegal charges:-x .

Don't know about you but she wouldn't be able to transfer/draw money from account anyway. Something I did read though was somebody requested that they be paid by cheque on their POC and that worked. Problem for my partner that's already with court/RBS.

Just out of curiosity have you tried asking for payment by cheque? You just never know.

Please keep us up-dated, as I am very interested indeed. Thanks, ADIE;)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry Adie1965 for delayed reply - my PC went on the blink. Actually, my broadband went down - warning, don,t ever be tempted to switch to Talktalk unless you're fluent in Punjabee or whatever! Sorry, that sounds a wee bit racist but why do we have to 'phone the other side of the world each time we need to call a Call Centre?

I digress - no joy whatsoever from RSB who insist that how they repay the charges is entirely up to them and have thus repaid directly into an account I haven't used for 4 years.

Hi Yamaha, Thanks for your update and sorry to see you had to have payment to account.

Latest update on my partners claim:- Had offer(not enough) rang+emailed stating would accept if paid by cheque(cheeky I know). Anyway declined:( So proceeding with claim, 6th June they have to submit A/Q then we will see what happens. ADIE