OK now they got me mad !!....Andyman v RBOS cc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I decided to get the bit between my teeth with RBOS after months of stalling etc...:mad:

OK so I finally, after 4 phone calls today, and everybody trying to deflect me from the correct department, finally got through to Lesley Sandford in the Royal Bank of Scotland Credit card customer care team (disputes department). She reckons that she's the head honcho there, so I asked her why she would not settle my small claim for £335 after I had evidence that they had settled many others of higher value before court.

She absolutely refused to budge, and said she would see me in court.

Strong tactics from RBOS !

I pointed out that RBOS has never defended a claim in court to this day, she refused to comment,

I asked her then, if in that case I was going to be THE test case (which would be big news for the press !), and they were going to defend me in court, she refused to comment. I asked her for the name of the solicitor involved in settling the disputes, she refused to give me his name.

I asked her to confirm that they knew that the claim would increase by £120 for court costs, and if they were fully aware that they would have to pay me the increased sum, and she was taking the resposibility for that, she said that she fully understood, but i would still have to go to court.

so court here I come !!!!!.....................bring it on.:mad:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

I've got a feeling that in reality she is only "doing her job"......... and she probably has customer service guidelines on how to answer calls like yours without compromising the overall banks legal position.

Just stick to your deadlines and as you say bring on the court..... ;-)

yes atlantic, they're all just doing their jobs, (it's not they're money after all), however this lady had a bit of a swagger about her, and made me get (unecessarily) annoyed with her about the whole thing.

after all, we all know they're going to settle in the end, so why put up the pretense, just PAY UP, and spare the court system for more important things !!!!:mad:

aaarghhhhhhh......................................................

-------------------------------------------------------------------

:cool:

In the words of QUINCY JONES:

" It's not about your acheivements in life, it's all about the journey getting there...."

I got my Peices of Eight !;)

I do know where you're coming from - bank staff can sometimes be really arrogant................ but still..... we'll be smiling when they are forced to pay up in the end!!! ;-)