• Tweets

• Hi dx, thanks. Yes actually, that is the case with this one! I've taken tomorrow off work, I need to review the whole binder for each of these and I'll refrain from further questions until I do just that. Just on hold for court ref Claim #2
    • 1. who knows... 2. not the whole A/C vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th b'day ...already carefully explain this. 3.yes 4.already carefully explain this.
    • if i remember rightly, long ago in one of the first drafts of the old proposed gov't overhauls, there was a listing of recommended 'charges' that inc wrong reg = £20. some PPC's implemented such changes in advance. then later as it looked increasing likely the new code was never going to be implemented after it's 1st review and another set of codes was to be debated they all quietly revert back .......... dx
    • Potentially it may not even get sold on? Just the default left for 6 years then gone? but if it is sold on ill get a letter from the DCA which is the notice of assignment? Sorry what is the different between a default notice and a default cal marker? yes, i may try and work arrangements out with the OCs after the breathing space but I'll see my circumstances then thank you again for all your help and patience, I really appreciate it and apologies If i am too fast or repeating myself.
    • receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Muffintop N Nailard V Lloyds Bus Acc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going for the business account but its not as clear as the personal account. can someone advise me whether one can claim for the service charges and the interest incurred along with the penalty charges? know that I cant claim back the arrangement fees as they were agreed. tnx skeggsy

muffintop

Won Nationwide £900 and £1908 Bank Charges

Lloyds personal account 1,861

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Abbey bank acc. Stayed 2008

CCA requested Barclaycard Nov 08 - n1 issued - GAVE UP

CCA Mbna Nov 08- n1 issued - GAVE UP

Marks and Spencer Money Nov 08 -lost found 2b enforceable.

Tomson Holiday - WON

if I help you tip my little scales it gives me a thrill. MT

Hi

Sorry I don't know, see if this helps:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi

Sorry I don't know, see if this helps:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/64975-business-claims-basic-guide.html

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

tnx Barty for taking trouble to link this to me. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

• 1 month later...

this thread has been quiet as I was doing my financees personal account with Lloyds and its drawing to conclusion. I didnt want to do two claims at the same time until I knew what to do with Lloyds. Im now ready to rock, this is a business account so thought it would be harder but its a sole trader business account and I read that its the same principle as a personal account.

Going to do the LBA and post it off tomorrow and get those 14 days out of the way will update when get to court stage.

skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Going to do the LBA and post it off tomorrow and get those 14 days out of the way will update when get to court stage.

skeggsy

Hi skeggsy...

I will be watching your thread as I too have a bus a/c with LTSB which I intend too claim on once my current a/c has been settled. (Glad I decided not to pursue both at the same time!!!). :)

I trust you're aware that you can't rely on the Consumer Credit Act with the business claim. Also, there's an excellent thread which you may want to participate in as well as this one. Here it is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets.html

Best of luck, keep us informed. :)

Lba went off today 14 days countdown

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Hi skeggsy...

I will be watching your thread as I too have a bus a/c with LTSB which I intend too claim on once my current a/c has been settled. (Glad I decided not to pursue both at the same time!!!). :)

I trust you're aware that you can't rely on the Consumer Credit Act with the business claim. Also, there's an excellent thread which you may want to participate in as well as this one. Here it is:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets.html

thankyou for the link, the bus account is a sole trader acc and not a limited company, did read that this is pretty much the same as a personal account.When you say about the CCA I guess this would affect the POC when I do it? and worse case any bundles for court if it got that far? skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

thankyou for the link, the bus account is a sole trader acc and not a limited company, did read that this is pretty much the same as a personal account.When you say about the CCA I guess this would affect the POC when I do it? and worse case any bundles for court if it got that far? skeggsy

skeggsy...

Whilst the whole procedure is "pretty much the same"... I believe that a business a/c, whether sole trader or limited company, is outside the "comfort" of the CCA. As far as the pre-lim and LBA are concerned, it's avisable to leave out any refs to the CCA, but it won't destroy your case if you do.

Certainly at the POC stage, it becomes important. As I said before, photoman and the others on the above thread will help with any queries!!

Any help I can give, just shout!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi skeggsy...

just won on his personal account by the way so full steam ahead with the business one now.skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

skeggsy...

Whilst the whole procedure is "pretty much the same"... I believe that a business a/c, whether sole trader or limited company, is outside the "comfort" of the CCA. As far as the pre-lim and LBA are concerned, it's avisable to leave out any refs to the CCA, but it won't destroy your case if you do.

Certainly at the POC stage, it becomes important. As I said before, photoman and the others on the above thread will help with any queries!!

Any help I can give, just shout!!

passiveno more. I want to get the full poc done so can be ready to file in cc. Did you do a full poc via N1 and is there any differences other than above I should add or take out of the standard extended Poc?

skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

passiveno more. I want to get the full poc done so can be ready to file in cc. Did you do a full poc via N1 and is there any differences other than above I should add or take out of the standard extended Poc?

skeggsy

Hi skeggsy...

I haven't actually filed the business a/c yet, as I was waiting for personal a/c to be settled. However, in light of the OFT case, I'm now thinking of filing very soon. I know that people have posted their POC's on the link I posted above, so I was planning to use these and the new LTSB POC's that have just been posted (have you seen them?) to draft my own.

Photoman has just posted on your other thread and he would be a great asset to have, so try and get his attention again!!!

By the way, as your other thread shows why, I will certainly be filing N1 as opposed to MCOL!!! :)

great keep in touch... dont understand what you mean by the latest OFT case? is there something Im missing, is time running out to claim back? skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

great keep in touch... dont understand what you mean by the latest OFT case? is there something Im missing, is time running out to claim back? skeggsy

skeggsy... where have you been the last couple of days... in the harlequin spending OH's winnings?!!!! :D

There seems to be a bit of confusion with the test case, as it is supposedly only concentating on personal a/c's, but other threads are saying ALL claims are likely to be stayed. Still unsure, but not doubt things will become clearer in the coming days.

As the outcome will probrably effect the limitatons argument and my business a/c claim will go way beyond 6 years, this has been the reason behind me wanting to get my claim into the court system ASAP.

thanks Passive, do you know if there is somewhere I can download the recent activity with oft?? yes been off the planet for around a week, working during day and reading up during eve and trying to get the extended pocs done for next week (obviously dont need it now this time), did hear a rumble of something but wasnt really sure what it was about. So what is the long and short of it? not claiming pre six years on the bus account with Lloyds but was going to have a go pre six years on my nationwide personal acc. Is it something that is going to affect everyone claiming then or a way for the banks to settle up without all the wasting time? thanks for flagging up to me. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

Right...

There are threads on site covering the OFT case, but are full up with speculation, rumour and occaisional helpful comment!!! I think the only worthwhile link at this moment in time is the one nic posted. That said, here's another!!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107548-office-fair-trading-test-18.html#post1038206

Basically, the OFT, FSA and the main banks have agreed to start a test case (as of last friday). The OFT have agreed to the banks request to APPLY for stays in any current claim. It is up to the court to grant the stay or not. These stays will then be in place until the end of the test case, when the outcome will be applied to any pending cases.

This does not stop anyone from starting a claim in the meantime and if stays aren't granted, I think the claims will continue as before. Banks who are not participating directly in the case have agreed to be bound by the outcome.

The case is to be centred around the UTCCR, which forms a big part in all claims, apart from business accounts, which couldn't rely on these anyway. This being the case, it would seem that business claims could carry on, but it has been reported that all claims will be affected... this will hopefully become clearer in the next few days.

In the long term, it will hopefully be good news for all ptential claimants, as it will undoubtably settle some issues relating to penalty charges. However, many will have their claims on hold for quite a while (anything up to 2 years depending on who you talk to!!!).

I hope this makes sense to you skeggsy... I've tried to give you the facts, but there's so much going on, I am still a little confused myself!!!! :confused:

thanks so much watch this space then.

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I'm also claiming on my business account (sole trader) and just had some advice from GaryH; see this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/105794-broke-dave-ltsb-business.html

post #12

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

thanks broke dave, can you tell me are you filing via mcol. or full n1 via court. I have learnt from the problems encountered with my personal lloyds account filed via mcol, going to do it properly from the start this time and that means it wont go to st albans cc. I am looking for a full poc for a buss sole trader accaount. have you done yours and can you assist me.skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

I think I've answered some of this on my thread. I, like you, went MCOL first time. This time I will go N1 route. Got to get through LBA first. 14 days and counting.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

ok thanks going to print off your thread so can read it properly and digest. counting down together then did my lba on 16th july! getting ready for the full poc to file on N1. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

thanks passive, i have printed it off to takea look at and compare to the poc which was earlier in that thread, been reading that thread all night and printing off info for my buss claim so will have to read it 2moz but I am not an expert with pocs at all. thanks for linking me in. skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON

does anyone have the t and c s for lloyds tsb buss account from 1993? skeggsy

muffintop

Lloyds Bus Account 2k

Tomson Holiday - WON