alexjj Vs. RWoS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Quick question, I have two accounts for RBOS, one of them from where I am from originally, which got closed before I moved to where I am now - effectively I transferred account.

This is two separate accounts.

I just got back the details of the older account for statements, and these go back to Dec 2000.

Can I claim these as normal - even though this is over 6 years - more like 6 and a half? Simple explanation of yay or nay please!! In the absence of nay, I am just going to list them on the simple XL spreadsheet anyways. :)

Thanks very much

Alex

OK, at what stage would/should I use this? Surely all charges are unfair, full stop?

Additionally, can I claim back "card misuse" charges at £20 a go, when I have used it as a cheque guarantee, and they consider this to be "card misuse" - which means, not only is there a £20 charge, but then they have repeatedly hit me for a £30 referral charge for the month - plus interest whenever this has pushed me over the agreed overdraft limit..

Are there any admin members who review spreadsheets of charges (presumably for a nominal donation)..

Cheers :)

Alex

T4FF has produced this excellent explaination of wat you can and can't claim http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42749-bit-help-you-rbos.html.

Full discussion on the 6 yr issue is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html#post712882

Read and enjoy.

I'm sure some kind sole might offer to check your spreadsheet, but you would be better served getting a family member to go through. After all, the only errors likely are going to be due to incorrectly copying info OFF your statements.....so you would need to send a stranger your bank statements if you wanted somebody here to do it.

JMHO