Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Financial Ombudsm

Hi Folks,

I have a claim I am going to take to court after insessent delaying tactics by RBSicon over 5.5k of charges. I can't go through the small claimsicon court unless I change my address to Eng, and reduce the amount I am claiming.

I have read that I can use the Financial O'man to carry out the work for free and with no limit.

Is an increased timescale the only down side to this? Is there any other reason I shouldn't take this route?

Thanks

Malc

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Financial Ombudsm

There is no reason why you shouldnt take this route lets be honest about it.
    It dosent require you to appear at court, no costs for you and the best bit about it when you complain the bank are charged some 400.
    There is also a time involved going through the courts so really i dont see any downsides to the fosicon.

if you go to court you cant take the Ombudsmanicon route but you can take the ombudsman route and then go to court. when I phoned them they allowed the bank an 8 week period to get back to me they settled right at the end of the 8 week period full amount. from reading other threads I think they will start you at the next stage if you have already given your bank the 8 week time limit. If Im wrong someone else will help you

(if you go to court you cant take the Ombudsmanicon route)
    Yes you can as long as that case has been dealt with (finished), you cant when you have court action pending and you cant when you have accepted a Full and finalicon settlement, as long as the courts havent made a decision over the same issue you wish to complain over as the courts decision would not be looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmac versus View Post
    (if you go to court you cant take the Ombudsmanicon route)
    Yes you can as long as that case has been dealt with (finished), you cant when you have court action pending and you cant when you have accepted a Full and finalicon settlement, as long as the courts havent made a decision over the same issue you wish to complain over as the courts decision would not be looked into.

Sorreeeeeeeeeeee

No Probs m8 we are all learning thats what makes this forum so good as everybody chips in their tuppence worth.

bigmac could you have a quick look at my thread rae may in R.B.S. been waiting on an answer I know the sites busy just now but if you got a minute sorry to jump this thread

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details