• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

mom and the lloyds "loans" "WON"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5968 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok to cut a long story short......mom came into some money which she invested with her bank lloyds tsb.when she got short she'd go in and speak to the man dealing with her investments and ask for some money from it.he'd give it to her and she'd leave.well after a couple of yrs she was called in to speak to someone from a different branch about the man dealing with her.apparently he was being investigated.he had falsified details about her,saying she'd had money in other accounts etc and said her money wasnt doing well enough in the investments and had changed them over thus filling in the form with wrong details.he said that among other things the money mom was taking out her investments were in actual fact loans that he was giving her without her knowledge!! he said that they were looking into his dealings as her investments were doing brilliantly in fact! and the form filled in without her permission.mom was very poorly at the time ,had just lost her son and wasnt really thinking.its been more than a year now and sh's heard nothing about it.i am going to write to lloyds asking what happened and to ask for the interest back that was paid on the loans given to mom without her permission.

what i want to know is.... is there any relevant laws etc i can put in the letter to make them a bit worried and deal with it swiftly? i have wrote to the banking ombudsman and they just said they dont deal with singular complaints and i need to write to the actual branch.

any ideas anyone??????

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would purpose would that serve? i know she hadnt accumated any charges on the loan,they amalgamated it with her ongoing one that she took out? i might be missing something though? could you elaborate?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) will give you all the information relating to the account. You can check then, that the only funny stuff that's been going on, is the stuff you know about already. If they've been getting your mum to sign loan agreements then it wouldn't be surprising if she'd signed other stuff unkowingly either. In the words of my gran "there's not much point going off half cocked;) "

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

thing is how would she know the agreement numbers? or how many shes had? i think he said 3! but im not sure.... would giving her details show things up ?

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

You say your mum has other accounts/investments with lloyds. If you send the SAR with these numbers and add a paragraph asking for information about all other accounts she has had with them, I would have thought htey'd be included. I may be wrong but that's how I understand it. Another possible route would be the police. I would have thought that what's happened to your mum is probably illegal, and the police would certainly make the bank act swiftly. I must make it clear though that I have no legal knowledge to speak of. These are just my thoughts, but it may be worth checking out

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

thanks for the advise,if they start acting dumb then i shall threaten them with the police...ill get the letter sent off for her .... lets see whats happened that we dont know about!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

great thanks :D

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

• 2 months later...

ok moms had a letter back in reply to her SAR... all it is is a list of the account fees for each month!! theyve put nothing on it about any other account or loans and have just taken it for granted i want to reclaim bank charges... which i knew she didnt have anyway!!!

what shall i do now? just write asking them to supply the rest of the SAR?? then how long shall i give them cos their time was up today .. arrrgghhh theyre so annoying!!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Hi archer...

You could send them a non-compliance letter, you will find something suitable here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Also, I would remind them (in no uncertain terms!!!), that the 40 day limit has now been exceeded.

Best of luck.

i shall be VERY firm with them about non compliance but its going to be a flipping long letter cos i shall be putting why i want the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and also that the police will be brought into it if i hear nothing off them

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

I would also drop a line to the informations commissioner in order to swell the ever growing complaints against Lloyds.

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Does your mum have internet banking? If not, you could ask for it to be set up and her account history should appear on there? Account information is on my internet banking from well before I set it up.

I would imagine that your mum was not the only person that fell prey to this guy, so I would've thought there'd be some kind of investigation into what happened. Does your mum not have a right to know what was discovered?

Perhaps a meeting with the branch manager might give them the kick up the bum they need?

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on.

T

:)

SAR sent 07/03/07

Statements rec'd 14/04/07 (ish)

Prelim Sent 03/07/07

Prelim rejection rec'd 10/07/07

LBA sent 12/07/07

thanks all ,i very angry they treated her this way ,and i shall be sending a letter today or tomorrow to the branch .there was an "investigation" mom was interviewed but was never told anything else about ,never even offered her an apology!!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Hi Archer

I am with FSO at this time for a loan with my mum not the same circumstances but definite miss sold.

Lloyd's have stalled with this big time, and its disgusting.

I would not even give them the time and chance that you are, if you know for sure something is not right then go to the police an ask to see someone from fraud, they may even come to your house.

How did you find out the bits of information you have to date regarding his actions and being discovered.

Did he leave the branch after as in fired.

Also with my mums banking we had a worry of someone taking from her account with false documents, when i asked to be told which documents were used, the bank was not at liberty to tell us.

I highlighted that a passport or birth certificate needs to be reported for my mums protection.

They then advised they do not inform the police and they do not have to, but we can... but with what evidence if they will not supply any???

Its out right wrong..

Go for them from all directions i say as they certainly wouldn't hesitate if the boot was on the other foot.

Good luck

Fuzzy

Have just noticed this thread.

Have you got anything in writing which confirms that the member of staff in question has been acting fraudulently?

Actually even if you havent I ould be getting straight in touch with the police since these are criminal acts.

Do you imagine for one minute, that had it been you mucking about with your mothers accounts like this that they wouldnt have informed the police.

As a first step, I would go to her branch and very loudly demand to see the manager about the fraudulent acts that were admmitted to by bank staff last year and why you nor your mother have been kept informed about the process of their internal ivestigation.

If they try to bullshXt you, just get louder and louder, and ensure as many customers as possible can hear you.

Believe me they will give you somewhere private to" chat" about this.

Dont be rude, just loud

If they try to bullshXt you, just get louder and louder, and ensure as many customers as possible can hear you.

Believe me they will give you somewhere private to" chat" about this.

Dont be rude, just loud

This works so well ;) and its amazing once you get in there how a member of the staff once listening to your problem does actually become quiet shocked as to the extent of your troubles, its just getting someone to listen.

lol i can imagine their faces if i was to go in very loudly asking to see the manager about fraud!

right i have wrote the letter to them explianing why i needed the SAR i have told them all about the loans and the thousand pound that went missing out of the account but was later put back in when a fuss was made!! also that i shall be giving them first oprtunity to rectify the matter before i call the police in on the matter.

fuzzy i found out about all i know now due to mom being called in for an interview with a man from a different branch.mom asked me to go in with her as she wasnt sure what it was they wanted.he knew at the time that she had no knowledge of the loans as she said so.also the other employee that gave her the loans had falsified details on a form in order to change over the investment to something else..

ive nothing about the outcome of the investigation or what happened to the man.mom thinks they just transferred him.how many other people has he done this to though that dont even know??

i think they should be shot.they are by far the most deceiving bank of all that ive heard about i think ill email the IC the letter ive just wrote actually

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

ok i have complained to the information commisioner and have added the letters onto the form so i didnt have to explain everything again

lets see what they say!!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Hi Archer

you will have a bit of a wait, they allow Lloyd's 8 weeks to deal with the complaint, and Lloyd's use it all, we are in our 9th :-(.

Only after 8 weeks does it get escalated to an accessors.

out of interest how old is your mum, mines 76 can't read much print as gets dizzy spells, and can't absorb information in great chunks of writing, she has taped books from the library for this reason and Lloyds are claiming she read 6 pages of terms and conditions in 1 sitting. Yeah right :-x I think not..

I found a document that mum was supposed to read and fill in her self, this document was filled in by the salesmen as the pens my mum used and the salesman were different.

The document was a check list of how the loan was sold, mum signed it thinking it was for the direct debit on the reverse of the paper.Sometimes theres small things that mean a lot in the paper work, have a good rummage when you receive some I also did an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for mum for the Loan and all Lloyd's reply for is the charges of which mum has never had, The FSO advises "oh they have just miss read, write back to them again". AAgggghhh. I shouldn't have to..

Good Luck, keep posting

Fuzzy

no you shouldnt have to at all.i cannot understand how the powers that govern companies to protect us the consumer can be so lenient in their dealings with the companies breaches.Im so sick of all this messing about.something that should be quite simple is turned into something thats complicated and dragged out and there seems to be no help for us really.

my mom is 75.she has partial sight and and deafness and at the time of the fiasco she had suffered a blood clot thru the brain and was very disorientated in general.had problems walking and focusing on things.i went with her to every appointment except with her drawing money out as i thought very naively that it was a straight forward process

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

associates visa-no CCA

GE Money- won

capital one - won

NatWest- won

Hi archer

A while back when my mum moved to sheltered housing she must have applied for benefit help. never thinking in her life time she would qualify she gave up the process, in October a nice lady contacted her and said yes course you can.

It was only when mums passed finances needed to be calculated and presented did i actually find! this loan.

Mum was to worried to show me, but what makes me mad is mum didn't need the loan she has small amount of savings, its a small amount but enough to help her if a crisis came knocking.

Its made me see red as i worry how many pensioners or people who can't actually process figures which is not uncommon, and how many may be in this position without help.

If this loan would have continued with my mums financies at that time in 4 years her financial health needs that give her a more comfortable life, would not of been paid, but the loan would. So making my mums years more painful than necessary and that is a terrible thought and a frightening one.

£46 out of a pensioners allowance for 4 years is disgussting, as its obviouse thier needs are going to increase...

Your welcome to PM or email me as you go along.

mums case will be escalated now, so will keep you up dated.

Fuzzy