• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My debts from what I can work out until I sort out a credit report are:

Capquest (purchased) £8000

Cahoot (no contact for years) £9000

Welcome £4000

Lowell (purchased) £500

Provident (paying) £602

joint Council tax arrears £1200

Littlewoods (500)

Capquest, I suspect is very near 6 years, and given the age and what others say and letters from them offering "fantastic opportunities", a CCA request seems unlikely to be fulfilled.

Cahoot, havent contacted me in years, it to is possbily close to 6 years, capquest and lowell found me when I went on the electoral role at my new address but nothing from cahoot strangely. Cahoot I think was done online, and while I hold the majority of the blame, I dont think they should have offered a £9000 flexi loan and credit card to someone earning about £150 a week..

Welcome, every time I get an agreement to do some repayments, I get a phonecall within 2 days in apparant complete ignorance of the last call/agreement, telling me when advised of agreement to payment plan that it was not enough and shouldnt have been offered (figures vary wildly from £10 a month to about £80 to stop interest) I also believe there could be fraudulent visit charges on the account, especially since they didnt ring to make an appointment, but they also claim to have made visits which they didnt (after threats on phone I eagerly waited in for them) I have been threatened with violence against me and my property by a member of one of their west yorkshire offices, they have also contacted my Mother, masquerading as a bank at first, then threatening her to get me to call them or they will come round and "sort me out" leading her to phone me in a right state telling me to call the police. He also made calls to her throughout the afternoon ORDERING her to make me call (im 300 miles away from her) or to give her any other phone numbers she has for me. Telephone calls to my employer that I was being made redundant from in some sort of attempt to gain info on me (HR manager was very switched on and clicked the call was not right straight away) actually did come round, and threatened my partners friend a young girl unless she told him where my office was so he could go round and sort me. and Oh yeah, started telephoning my partner pretending to be fraud officers at the local police station CID investigating allegations of phone and financial fraud. I kept a log of all this and have statements from my Mother :D An attempt to put in a complaint with the manager of this office (his voice sounded remarkably like one of the "fraud officers" was met with "cant deal with complaints until you make a payment"

Council tax im waiting for it to go back to council So I can deal with them, all attempts at repayment with bailiffs are met with not without a walking possession, and involve an attempt to kick my front door in. (I seem to have all the luck lol)

Provident, due to being a temp agency worker at moment, am a month about £60 behind, but the provident collector is actually an Ok guy, and is happily taking payments, as long as we dont get 2 months behind.

Littlewoods again possibly close to 6 years but also seems unlikely to pass a CCA request

Lowell, bought the debt which is an overdraft made up of Charges on an account opened by my grandmother when i was 10, a CCA request seems unlikely to be fulfilled.

We also owe my partners father a couple of grand when he helped us out with deposits and rent. Currently we have about £30 spare cash left over and an unwell cat, and the vet fees are an added pressure we dont need lol. We have no assets and the only property of any value, and that is minimal is a 5 year old 21" television and a 3 year old PC thats almost literally falling apart the case is in such a state.

So would Bankruptcy be the best option, or should I credit check in the hope that Cquest is near limitations, and CCS the rest? the only problem is having to organise our finances to make repayments for the next 60 years or so is a scary thought, especially given how a missed payment and bank charges can skyrocket things. I want to pay welcome and provident and cahoot if I can, capquest I frankly dont give a damn about after hearing how they operate and speaking to them on the phone once (god knows how they got the number a PAYG mobile..) Il hapilly pay them what they bought the debt for and some admin fees but I wont stay awake at night over them, especially after the phone call a year ago (nasty doesnt begin to describe it)

The only thing that concerns me with bankruptcy is as im an agency worker I get paid weekly, so if my acc, a joint natwest Step account with no lending associated was closed it would cause a right farce to get my money (they wont do cash)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest, It would be VERY difficult for anyone on this forum to tell you what is the best option for you as there are implications galore with all the options available. The best thing to do would be to discuss these possible options with a trained debt advisor.

National Debtline 0808 808 4000 or CCCS 0800 138 1111 are you best bets. They will be able to go through everything with you!

I think bankruptcy is certainly an option but it may not be the ONLY option. You may benefit from talking all of this through with an organisation like National Debtline - they give completely free confidential independent advice and will look at your whole situation not just individual debts

( In your case the council tax is the obvious 'priority debt' that jumps out - all of the others are what's known as non priority ie they are much more limted in what they can do )

You do have avenues to complain regarding the various examples of absolutely appalling treatment you have had - In the case of debt collection agencies & non priority creditiors you can complain in writing to them directly ( recorded delivery keep a copy ) and then potentially complain to the OFT as there have been clear breaches of their debt collection guidance. Some companies have also clearly harrassed yourself & your family - this is a criminal offence as it's contrary to the Administration of Justice Act and they can be prosecuted ( Local trading standards are a good port of call for this).

Bailiffs ( whether for council tax or not ) are expected to follow the NSEAs ( National Standards for Enforcement Agents ) and again you can complain in writing to them; also copy the council in as the bailiffs are acting as their agents so council should also be addressing any complaints.

Always worth sending the CCA letter to creditors where the debt has been passed on as without valid copy fo your credit agreement they can't enforce the debt.

Hope this helps as a starting point; best of luck whatever you decide :)

Thanks for the info!

my partner also has some debts, around 4 grand, the biggest is Welcome who generally seem to leave her alone (lucky girl) and the second biggest is Bank overdraft, she used to keep all her statements, then fell into bad habits when she met me :D but looking at what she has and what she says, I suspect her overdraft is MORE than covered by unlawful penalties, so the plan with her is to SAR/claim from the bank, CCA & SAR Welcome just to annoy them (its only a year and a bit old so they will have the agreements id imagine, but I suspect some dodgy stuff with the insurance sold to her - she was told she had to have been working for 12 months previously which she had to claim, but when she lost her job through sickness they said she couldnt claim because loosing her job meant she hadnt worked for 12 months..)

She has a magnificently large orange contract phone bill, which was sent to NCO for collection but no contact in months, but I dont think they add unlawful charges on do they? So once we have deployed all the acronyms :D whatever emerges will then be put into a payment plan, but obviously and this is why I am considering bankruptcy for myself, this will leave us almost nothing to pay both our debts, at the moment we are seriously considering seeing if we can get a 2 person flat through a housing association, but even though the bills are a struggle at moment, it is nice to have the room in the house we are renting.

I have taken the first step this morning of ordering my credit report from Experian to see what evil lurks in my past, I have decided to try and sort things through CCA/SAR etc with the people who know or suspect I am at my address, but if Cahoot find me through my experian check, I think bankruptcy will have to be a very likely possibility, since our left over cash every month wouldnt even pay for a night out, and with several large amount creditors, it just wouldnt work, I dont see them accepting a fiver each :( And we wouldnt even be able to afford the fees should CCJ's emerge to get them changed over to monthly repayments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]