Clueless !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals

Have found the link to this little gold mine of info thru the Motley Fool web site. This makes for very interesting reading.

I've read the basics of how to make a claim, then thought that I'd take the bull by the horns and ring the bank, I spoke to an account manager and she agreed to send a substantive list of all bank charges applied to my account within the next 3-5 working days, no request for the £10 DPA charge and she was very polite.

I then rang customer relations and spoke to an initially very polite lady called Gillian. I told her that I believed that the bank charges applied to my account were now deemed unlawful, she replied that only Credit Card charges were found to be unlawful and that theirs were ok!!! I challenged her again and said that I would need a substantive list of all bank charges for the last 6 years. She said that the bank would need it writing and gave me a PO box number to write to and then cut the conversation short!! It's true that the left and the right hands don't know what each other is doing.

I'll send them a letter anyway!!

Funky

It is best to send the letter to your local branch (recorded delivery) and include the £10 statutory fee. If they wish to waive this in writing then you have all your bases covered.

Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.