• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
    • Thanks Dave It's not too far away, about 8 or 9 miles, so I will probably venture over on my bike if I can't think of a good reason to drive there again! I'll have a chat with Mrs GB_Joe tomorrow and see which shops they visited, I know M&S was on the list (had to try on multiple sets of trousers!) and they are actually in that bit of retail park. The uniform shop is across the way in the Meridian Centre, so probably not helpful to get them involved.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Hairyman vs Co Op***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Just found this site. What a GREAT site. Will let all my work collegues know about it.

I have just sent my 1st letter for statement requests. I looked back over the last 8mths on internet statements and found they took near 1000 pound !! I think my total could be nearly 5k ++ with interest !!

Wish me luck...:)

Hi, welcome to the forum. Hav a look at the various threads and it will you a good idea about timescales etc and how the co-op are dealing with the claims. if you need help feel free to give me a shout

• 3 weeks later...

Hi i need some advise.

I sent a general letter in requesting statements in on 17/4/07 and had a standard letter back say they were looking into it and would take 4wks etc.. I then sent you official 1st letter (but no cheque or proof of post ?) on the 26/4/07 and heard nothing ? But today they sent another letter out saying they need another 4wks which is within the FSA guidelines ?

What should i do next ? Anybody got any idea's.......

Hi, you seem a bit confused as to what to send and when. If you sent the SAR for your statements on the 17th April, they have 40 days to give you the information. You should also have sent a cheque or postal order for £10. After you have received the statements you should send them the preliminary letter requesting your money back and giving them 14 days to do it. after this you should send them the LBA - Letter Before Action giving them another 14 days. You probably won't have got your money back at this stage. The next step is to file in court, this gives them 14 days to say if they are going to defend the claim which they normally say they are going to do and if so they have a further 14 days to put in their defence. From experience the co-op pay out before having to put in a defence.The bit about having 8 weeks to look in to your original letter is a bit confusing. Normally this is sent out when they receive the preliminary letter and under FSA rules they have 8 weeks to deal with a complaint although this does not supercede the 14 day blocks as outlined above. As your request for statements is not a complaint I think that they have sent you those letters in error. They only have 40 days in which to give you the statements otherwise you can report them to the information commisioner. When you do get your statements follow the procedure abocve. Also always send communications by recorded delivery.

Hope it helps. If you need more info give me a shout.

Hi Bolton, thanks for the quick reply, but i am still unsure what to next ? As i have sent 2 letters. 1st one as just a general letter. Then i sent the official letter for statments but no cheque. Should i sent another letter but may have to wait another 40 days? Not sure if they had mine 2nd letter ? or should i write and ask them if they have had the 2nd letter ?

Any help would be appretiated...

Hi, I have only just found this forum so apologise if I'm writing this in the wrong place!

I've just received my list of charges for the past 6 years. I'm a bit confused how to work out what exactly I can claim for - I understand that I can claim all of my 30/35 quid "fees" and my 25 quid "commissions" but for the years where I don't have my statements any more, and where they have combined different fees/commissions, how can I be sure that I'm claiming for valid amounts ie amounts like 41.20 instead of the standard 25 quid?? Does this make sense???

Thanks for any info/advice anyone may have! Also - how many of you have had your accounts closed after recieving your money?

Right - I've read a load more threads and feel a bit more knowledgable now about what i can and cannot claim for but I am still a bit confused about the overdraft charges. Before I started paying a Privilege subscription I had to pay 8 quid a month when I was using my overdraft (which was every month). I understand I cannot claim for this but what about when instead of the 8 quid, when i went over my limit it was replaced by a 25 quid fee. Can I claim for all this or just the 25 minus the standard 8 quid?

no you claim the full £25, that was on top of the £8!

dont worry about a/c closure either.

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you can claim all the figures in the commissions column (ie 25s and30s etc,)can you claim the £8s also in this column ?????(is this monthly fee for using overdraft facility )..................i cant claim anything in the debit interest column??..........In the fees column had yearly amount of £15, cannot claim ??????? / then when priv account started £6 per month(then £8 in commissions stopped ) cannot claim ????????...../,but also in fees,a few bigies £35s which i can claim,....... so sorry to be a pain but trying to sort this out for sister ,and co-op seem to have made things really difficult for everyone,she s given it to me to sort out. could really do with some help with this thanks

there is a sticky on this look at the top of the forum.

priv is a subscription & no you cannot claim the £8 nor the £15 they are for setting up o/d. [not a penalty] .

read the sticky

dx100uk

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is a sticky on this look at the top of the forum.

priv is a subscription & no you cannot claim the £8 nor the £15 they are for setting up o/d. [not a penalty] .

read the sticky

dx100uk

Thanks alot dx , really helpful, the two items you mention were the iffy ones,to claim or not to claim, well sorted ,again thank you .:) :) :)

hairyman01,

Welcome to the CAG site

You've definately taken the first step into claiming back what's rightfully yours.

Spend time reading the FAQ's and the Step by Step guide as this will stop you making mistakes along the way. Use the letters and spreadsheets in the Templates Library as these have all been tried and tested in successful claims. Read as many threads as you can especially ones that relate to your bank. This is a SELF HELP site and won’t do the work involved for you. However, everything you need is on here somewhere.

Don't be afraid to ask any questions, no matter how stupid they may seem, but please remember that any advice that you receive is normally based on experience only and that you should seek expert advice if required.

Once you start the process of your claim remember to open a thread in the relative bank forum, this will enable you, and others helping you, to keep track of your claim.

Good luck with your claim.

Useful links to help with your claim

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Interest Spreadsheet

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Court N1 form

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Mcol Particulars of Claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Hi finally got my statments after 3 letters and 41 days !!

With interest it's about 3500 grand... But the statment runs from May to May 01. But this last month the bank has charged me 245 pounds for various chargers.My question is can i go June to June 01 ? i.e. can i set where the 6 yrs starts and finishes as long as it is 6 yrs only ?

And stupid question can i claim all the charges back on their sheet ? - Commission / debit interest and fees ?

Any help would be of help.

Richard:smile:

Hi Richard

You dont have to claim exact 6 years to 6 years in other words you can claim from may 01 to present now to this month june!

you cant claim debit interest back and also cant claim back any subscriptions like the £8.00 or (now £8.50 monthly fee) for subscription

but you can deffinetly claim everything else

hope that helps and good luck :)

Hi

Thanks for that. Is it 14 days now after i have sent the spread shhet back ? The 2 letters i had had different levels on ? one said 14 days the other said 8 wks ?

Anybody help with that ??

VICTORY !!!!!!

:lol:

I WON !!!

Sent letter requesting £3389 last friday and today as a "Goodwill" gesture they gave me back £2860 !!!! All down to this GREAT SITE.

Keep onto them.....It's our money !!!!:-)

CONGRATULATIONS, another win for us and another lose for them.

please fill in survey.http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/survey.php

and please remember this site relies on donations. Thankyou.https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i asked a claim company to take on Co-Op/ halifax for me this was the begining of feb this year they say they have not recieved statements yet never contact me or even inform me of any thing ,i gave them an extra month before i cancel them this is nearly up, do you think i should carry on as i have charges going back over 6yrs,and if i start myself i could loose an extra 5mth worth of statements if i cant claim back over 6 yrs.has anyone else claimed over 6yrs with coop?:evil:

how would i start my first initial letter to them?:p

thanks for all your help

i would start you own thread in this forum

look for the step by step instructions

and the FAQ's

they should explain everything .

there are threads in the general forum about beyond 6yrs

but i would be inclined to do that after your upto 6yrs claim.

dx100uk

• Haha 1

and they