• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Disappearing transactions - Clydesdale Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3332 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I have been having a nightmare with the Clydesdale Bank for years over charges. I am a freelance writer and when i knew money was going to be late going in and charges would be occuring i took their letter of "please contact us and we will try and help" at face value. When i went to the bank no one could see me for three weeks and someone said they would call the next day-of course no one did. Eventually my bank charges hit the £200 mark and after sending a letter they said because of their bad service they would give me £50 back. I refused this and asked for a full refund and am still waiting 8 weeks later, a letter arrived a few days ago saying it would be another 4 weeks, due to their heavy workload, before they can get back to me, amking a total of three months. Now i am going for my last six years worth of charges.

Now comes the strange incident of the disappearing transactions..for the last two payments placed into my bank they have both disappeared for a few days before reappearing. I can tell when they go into the bank account by checking on my online account and telebanking- but then for some reason the transactions completely disappear as if they were never there. I went to the Clydesdale to complain and they basically said as there were no records of the transactions appearing there was nothing i could do. They waffled on about phantom transactions where the computer looks and sees if there is any money there..they basically did not have a clue what was happening..the next day the money then reapeared in my account backdated to the day it actually went in. This has now happend 3 times..both with money going in and money going out. Has this happened to anyone else..is this normal..the bank of course have never got back to me to say what the problems is.

Thanks, I will..the thing with these disappearing transactions is that the missing transactions make it very easy for the bank to say.."you went over your overdraft this month and now we will can charge you again."..it's very strange...

Hi

That last disappearing transaction took me £2.50 over my agreed overdraft limit..the thing with this one was that the disappearance was a maestro debit transaction that disappeared..leaving me more money in my account than i should have had..i can understand this happening once..maybe computer error but now it is the last three times..i have spoken to member of the branch (1hour of wasted time) telebanking and internet banking people and none of them know what is going on (and frankly probably dont care)..next week more money is due to go in my account so i am keeping a careful eye and printing out what happens...is seems strange that this is all happening when i am in dispute with them over charges..or is that just paranoia??

Well that's good to know...i've always compained about bank charges to these guys, usually their head office and they usually give me roughly half the charges back..but enough is enough..3 months for a reply is just having a laugh..they are probably hoping i forget..next week i am sending for my statements for the last six years..get this..i phoned last year for all of the statements and was told by a woman at my branch that every monthly statement would cost me £5 making a grand total of £360 for all my statements..it was only when i started reading different websites that i found out they can only charge me £10 for the lot...unbelievable that the customers know more than the people working there..or it may have just been another fob off tactic.

Hi Gaz,

Apparantely that is the way that maestro works? I made a payment over the phone, checked online money gone, no problem there. Next day hubby went to cash point, more money than he thought in account put it down to me putting more money in account and withdrew it (must try talking to him occasionally, lol). Few days later when we received the OD letter I phoned the bank to complain as I had seen that the money had left the account and that there was still some money in account. Turns out that maestro take money out of account to check that it is there which gives you the reference no. they then put it back in until the company you are paying apply for it. Stupidest way of working things I've ever heard of. I also received a lecture on handling my finances better for my trouble.

Not sure if that will help or not.

Good Luck

Ali x

Thanks for that Ali, don't know why the bank could not tell me this themselves instead of taking me into an office and allowing me to phone the telebanking call centre..as if they would know anymore..will keep an eye out in future...and yes i have also been lectured on keeping track of my finances..which is not easy when things are going in and out willy nilly..

• 7 years later...

Hi Garry66, not sure if you will still be using the forum since this was a while back but

i see from the forum you had problems with 'Ghost' transactions back in 2007.

is this correct?

id like to prove they have known about it for years as its obvious that they have.

i hope you were successful with your reclaiming.

Can you confirm that they were aware and mentioned 'Ghost' transactions back in 2007?

id be very grateful if you could let me know.

thanks very much,

Kind regards,

Maurice