RBS DPA non-compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello -

sent my DPA request to RBS almost 40 days ago and still have heard nothing . . .I also put through a change of address with the bank, will they use this to stall the process? - am feeling pretty confused by it all, I have statements that say I have paid over £2,000 in charges in the last year alone. Should I re-sumbit the DPA letter in case it wasn't rec'd?

All this is very confusing to me - all I know is that I want it back and am prepared to do anything for it!

Please get back to me with help or ideas!

Lucy:?

Did you send in the £10 fee along with your DPA?

1st step is to go and have a good, thorough read through the FAQ's until you're comfortable with what's in there...

Good luck

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

I'd give them a call to confirm they've received your DPA (if it was sent Registered Post then you can check on the Royal Mail's website). Then, if you've still not received the information after 40 days, report them to the Information Commissioner (there's a link in the FAQ's I think).

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Have a good look at the FAQs and template letters.

If they haven't complied you can send a letter before action demanding compliance and then, if necessary issue a claim under Section 7 of the DPA. Alanfromderby and I have current claims against the Abbey for this. At the same time you can issue a prelim letter for an estimated amount and proceed down the normal path for that claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks