Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2006

Unhappy RBS DPA non-compliance

Hello -

sent my DPA request to RBSicon almost 40 days ago and still have heard nothing . . .I also put through a change of address with the bank, will they use this to stall the process? - am feeling pretty confused by it all, I have statements that say I have paid over 2,000 in charges in the last year alone. Should I re-sumbit the DPA letter in case it wasn't rec'd?

All this is very confusing to me - all I know is that I want it back and am prepared to do anything for it!

Please get back to me with help or ideas!

Lucy:?

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2006

Default Re: RBS DPA non-compliance

Did you send in the 10 fee along with your DPA?

1st step is to go and have a good, thorough read through the FAQ's until you're comfortable with what's in there...

Good luck

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Apr 2006

sent the 10 fee - but wouldn't it be a shame if that cheque had bounced?! (only kidding, it won't have!)

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Mar 2006

I'd give them a call to confirm they've received your DPA (if it was sent Registered Post then you can check on the Royal Mail's website). Then, if you've still not received the information after 40 days, report them to the Information Commissioner (there's a link in the FAQ's I think).

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim
    Follows
    Following

Have a good look at the FAQs and template letters.

If they haven't complied you can send a letter before actionicon demanding compliance and then, if necessary issue a claim under Section 7 of the DPA. Alanfromderby and I have current claims against the Abbey for this. At the same time you can issue a prelim letter for an estimated amount and proceed down the normal path for that claim.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details