• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

This forum

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have normal consumer-related problems such as bank charges or retailer or mobile phone problems then please post in the appropriate forums for those topics.

Please use this forum to discuss problems which are uniquely connected to your status as a student.

• Haha 1

Quick Question.

Myself and others have requested that The Student Loans Company (and the problems related to it) is given it's own "sub-forum".

Would it be possible to either move those threads in here, or give us a sub forum so that we can channel our advice/experience/problems?

For instance:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/71329-emma-student-loans-company.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/956-student-loans-company-smith.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/50306-student-loan-company-general.html

And specifically:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/83054-message-mods-could-we.html

It's often difficult, when you first join CAG to post in the right place, or know where to look for help. I just thought this might be an option.

Thanks for considering it. :)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

BIG Thank You from me!!!

:D

(Am extra pleased today as Barclays refunded my charges IN FULL for one of my accounts this morning - am on a roll!!!!!!)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/86114-help-old-uni-debt.html

This thread needs to be moved to this forum. (Not sure of the procedure for such things if someone would like to enlighten me?)

:)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/86114-help-old-uni-debt.html

This thread needs to be moved to this forum. (Not sure of the procedure for such things if someone would like to enlighten me?)

:)

I'll move it.

Next time, just hit the report.gif button, and say in the reason box: Please move to the Students Forum.

The next moderator to see it will move it then. ;-)

Thanks Bookworm!

(Sorry - still coming to grips with the specifics!)

SOoooooooo good to see a forum for those of us battling with the SLC etc!

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

Hi demon,

I agree. I know that it was supposed to be "tongue in cheek" or whatever, but it isn't really very nice and not really in the spirit of the site is it?

Mods? If you are listening? :)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

No, since you've replied so flippantly, I won't. No other forum has a 'little comment' about the people involved in said forum. I am frankly fed up with the bad press that students get as a social group, and didn't expect it from CAG. I'll reiterate, I know that it was meant in a jokey way, but I'm afraid that it has caused me offence. I can't change that to make you happy, noomill. Sorry :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just want to say again, it was a polite request, that I only keep repeating because I haven't had an answer yet. Until I get an answer, either yay or nay, I'll consider this still open.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I really didn't want to wade in.

But.

Come On!!!!

It's great that we have a sub-forum to discuss all things studenty and especially the bottom feeders that fashion themselves as the Student Loans Company.

Ok, so BF's little joke may not be to everyone's taste, but this site is about being POSITIVE in the face of adversity. Lighten up people - PLEASE :D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

I have attempted to PM BF too. His In-box is full.

Could someone "in the know" ask him to look at this again please? In the spirit of unity!

Thanks!

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

:p Noomil

I don't even need to watch the first one to tell you that the letter goes something like:

"Dearr Fascist Bully Boy,

Give me some money you "person with unmarried parents"

May the fruit of your loins be fruitful in the belly of your woman

Love

Neil

It's how my OH and I start every conversation when I say "What shall i write to the Bank?"

Thanks for lightening the atmosphere!! ;)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues

glad to see a student forum, thanks for listening.

boomshanka xx

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

It's only polite to say "Thank You"

Bankfodder - for changing the little "ditty" in the forum description.:)

And for everything else - obviously! :D

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2010 Issues