RBS Credit Card initial offer

katpool
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6202 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, this is my first post, so please bear with me! I'm claiming £240 off RBS credit card services, they've written to me offering me £76.32 "THIS FIGURE REPRESENTS A REFUND OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OUR ORIGINAL £20 TO THE CURRENT £12 LATE PAYMENT AND OVER LIMIT CHARGE AND INCLUDES ANY ASSOCIATED INTEREST CHARGES".

Should I accept the offer, or should I keep going, and if so what's the next step, what letter do I send etc? Am panicking a bit.:idea:

Cheers for any help

Hi there kat. Ma is slightly correct although that FAQs won't exactly help with your first question (ie should you accept).

Basically, the answer is no and you will find in the template library all sorts of rejection letters but there will be one to fit your needs. The reason you won't accept is simple. The current £12 limit is still not lawful, it is just a guideline. You can read up on why here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/70359-about-oft-not-so.html

Don't just take my word for it, some of the content of the first post on there you could use in your rejection letter and it also pays to know why you are doing what you are being told to do. :D

The FAQs and the guide which is here....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

....in fact the whole library section, will be of use to you to get yourself through this process. Use the guide as a reference to get through the process from where you are now to the finish.

Good luck and keep asking questions ;)

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!